Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Installed Forge 007 on the supercharger results on page 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I installed my forge 007 BPV today, it took me like less then 10 min., I deff. feel the difference, I went with the yellow spring for now, I have the stock pulley.

Hey Garage1217, do you have a link on where I can get more info on that HKS SSQV at? thanks.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

The green spring should be enough. The yellow spring is a little too stiff and that piston needs to be able to be pushed so you can release that pressure. Not being able to do so can hurt the compressor over time.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc
I installed my forge 007 BPV today, it took me like less then 10 min., I deff. feel the difference, I went with the yellow spring for now, I have the stock pulley.

Hey Garage1217, do you have a link on where I can get more info on that HKS SSQV at? thanks.
hey where did u get yours can u post link? one more thing does the 007 bpv come with different springs ,also is it easy to change? do u hit boost quiker?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="Garage1217"]No offence but custom mount an HKS SSQV with 25mm recirc nozzle & forget about all the spring crap. Works flawless and seals 100% everytime. That is the way I used to run mine. Takes a little work to get it in, but worth it.[/quote sup can u post info and pix on how to install hks bov to supercharger? thanks
Old 02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
No offence but custom mount an HKS SSQV with 25mm recirc nozzle & forget about all the spring crap. Works flawless and seals 100% everytime. That is the way I used to run mine. Takes a little work to get it in, but worth it.
sup can u post pix an info how to install hks bov? thanks
Old 02-29-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JPsTc
The green spring should be enough. The yellow spring is a little too stiff and that piston needs to be able to be pushed so you can release that pressure. Not being able to do so can hurt the compressor over time.
You really think so? I'll try to swap it out today, thanks for the info.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rydrdg

hey where did u get yours can u post link? one more thing does the 007 bpv come with different springs ,also is it easy to change? do u hit boost quiker?
I got it used, but you can just type in Forge 007 on Yahoo or Google and you'll get plenty of websites that sell it, I think the kit comes with different color springs, there's also a kit you can buy separate that comes with stiffer springs.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Thats what forge's website says but people have been running even stiffer springs so maybe you won't have a problem. Im gona switch to the yellow spring to see if theres any noticable difference.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats what forge's website says but people have been running even stiffer springs so maybe you won't have a problem. Im gona switch to the yellow spring to see if theres any noticable difference.
Cool, can you, cause I do not have a boost gauge yet, so its really hard for me to tell if I'm building up the right amount of boost, I can say it feels allot better then before and it does release pressure at red line.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

If it releases the pressure @ redline then theres really no problem. Once i get the clutch broken in ill let you know the difference. Do you get that really nice sound when you shift?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it releases the pressure @ redline then theres really no problem. Once i get the clutch broken in ill let you know the difference. Do you get that really nice sound when you shift?
Cool..thanks, well its not as loud as I was hoping it would be, its prob. cause I still have the stock air box.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Yea an intake will make it sound sick but its not worth the risk of running lean
Old 02-29-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea an intake will make it sound sick but its not worth the risk of running lean
Agreed....
Old 03-05-2008, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Ok so im running the yellow spring right now with the top of the BPV facing the driver's fender and in second gear i hit 9psi. So im assuming it isn't leaking.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so im running the yellow spring right now with the top of the BPV facing the driver's fender and in second gear i hit 9psi. So im assuming it isn't leaking.
Aren't you suppose to be hitting 9.5 thou?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it was second gear...less load on the car...also .5 psi is negligable...could be minimal belt slip. Guys keep in mind that the numbers that forge has are based on turbo's. Pat from Forge came on here and realized the exact thing i was running into. The supercharger needed a stiffer spring in order to hit full boost than what a turbo would at the same psi levels. I ran the red spring with 2 washers with my 9.5 psi pulley, it was fine
Old 03-06-2008, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
it was second gear...less load on the car...also .5 psi is negligable...could be minimal belt slip. Guys keep in mind that the numbers that forge has are based on turbo's. Pat from Forge came on here and realized the exact thing i was running into. The supercharger needed a stiffer spring in order to hit full boost than what a turbo would at the same psi levels. I ran the red spring with 2 washers with my 9.5 psi pulley, it was fine
I keep reading people saying they used the red spring with 2 washers, does forge sell that one separately? cause my kit did not come with it, thank you.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

contact ecstuning...i think they sell the spring kit seperately. You could use the blue spring if you have that and just shim the crap out of it with like 4 washers
Old 03-06-2008, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

contact ecstuning...i think they sell the spring kit seperately. You could use the blue spring if you have that and just shim the crap out of it with like 4 washers
ecstuning is a company or a screen name? I do have the blue one, I guess I can play around with that one when I get my 9.5lb pulley, thanks....
Old 03-06-2008, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ecstuning is a company or a screen name? I do have the blue one, I guess I can play around with that one when I get my 9.5lb pulley, thanks....
company...heres the link http://www.ecstuning.com/
just play with the blue spring and get a boost gauge hooked up or else your just wasting your time

Quick Reply: Installed Forge 007 on the supercharger results on page 2