Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   Its ALIVE! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/its-alive-162467/)

RusWolf 05-11-2009 04:16 AM

Its ALIVE!

Hey guys.
I decided to take a drive today and log with my FIC my stumbling and running rich issues.. Anyway i was on low boost 6psi setting and just when i turned on the logger with FIC software on my laptop floored it a little car stumbled and i let off did the same again and the car started to go in boost and then POP and alot of smoke behing i immediately shut the engine off..

Pulled over smoked cleared out, looked in the engine lots of oil and hole in the short block ( at the top of short block ) and oil everywhere i took pictures and will upload them tomorrow.

Now here is the issues with desicion:

I'm deploying to Iraq in september and i was looking to built the engine when i get back next year for now all i needed is the engine to survive until september of this year. I dont know why it blew maybe i did some damage before i got tuned its unknown. whats should i do put the car back to stock and trade it in for an Evo or a mustang ? or get the short block built ?

the problem is that i have a hole in the short block and dezod or ptuning require block to be sent to them.
I would want to go with Dezod in that case.

So i want to hear your opinions guys.

Also i dont want to start financing a new car simply because i wont be here to enjoy it but at the same time i need to spend decent money now to have built.

So what should i do ?

crush02342002 05-11-2009 04:30 AM

crap man im sorry to hear it...it sucks but at the same time it pushes you forward...

where you able to get any info from the fic log? where you leaning out?

evo would be fun but ima have to go with built engine...thats just me though...built engine + lots of boost = eating up evo's and ____ting mustangs...lmao...j/k im not hating on em...personaly id like to own one of each...first i gotta find a rich girl to hook up with..bwwaaahahahahaah

yamaha16bw 05-11-2009 04:30 AM

I'd get an evo.....no mustang! yuk

RusWolf 05-11-2009 04:41 AM

i would love to probably get something boosted or V8, but i dont wanna blow the money in the long run on the car i would only enjoy for few month and and then parked for a year.

At the same time where can i get a short block and have it built ?
local shop here told they would swap engines for $500 as a hook up. Good price right .

But i need the short block , ptuning is way too expensive i think. I know Dezod hooks up military i called Paul and left him a message.

How much do you guys think a built short block would run me ?
Another question, mid june i have to change my base and i'm going to WA state which is 2000 miles from where i'm at. Is it safe to drive 2000 miles on built engine ?

AdmirN 05-11-2009 04:44 AM

Ptuning gives out military discounts as well, I know i seen it somewhere on there website...

mattTc 05-11-2009 04:51 AM

Except were front wheel drive. I'm strating to realize that you get to a point where it doesn't matter how much power you make if you can't trasfer power to the ground. That's why my next car is going to be rwd or awd for sure

GL though with your situation

all4degame 05-11-2009 05:24 AM

sorry to hear about your mishap! Do you know how or why your car popped on such low boost?

RusWolf 05-11-2009 05:37 AM

Nope , that is unknown to me honestly... but i have a log from fic when it happened ! So if there is an FIC guru i can send it to take a look and i will send it to my tuner as well so maybe he will tell me what was going on.

Does anyone know where i can get a short block as a core since i have a hole in mine ?

crush02342002 05-11-2009 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Nope , that is unknown to me honestly... but i have a log from fic when it happened ! So if there is an FIC guru i can send it to take a look and i will send it to my tuner as well so maybe he will tell me what was going on.

Does anyone know where i can get a short block as a core since i have a hole in mine ?

you still got my e-mail? Id like to take a look at the log

RusWolf 05-11-2009 11:51 AM

trying to send you that log Chris i thought it was 425 KB and it turned out to be 8,425Kb !!!! How the hell can it be that size.. i dont even know if it open that size... anyway its taking forever to upload to my email once its complete i will send.

RusWolf 05-11-2009 12:07 PM

nope. negative.

The log just would not attach for some reason, prolly has an error somewhere maybe because i shut the car off and then just pulled out USB from laptop without closing anything.

chefellis81 05-11-2009 12:45 PM

Man im sorry to here about your car! That sucks, but me personally, I would go with either awd of rwd. Good luck and hope everything turns out ok.

gingles 05-11-2009 12:51 PM

i would deff go awd....my roomate has an awd celica....hes only pushing about 290hp but he ran a 12.8 in the quarter mile on 18psi

ValenciaS 05-11-2009 01:02 PM

sorry to hear that :(, how long have you been boosted ?

NVMyTc 05-11-2009 02:08 PM

personally I would put it back to stock and get an STI. I really like the new hatch style, but even buying a used one isnt bad at all

Good luck deciding

RusWolf 05-11-2009 05:20 PM

What do you guys think about this ?

what do you think about that compression ?

sleeved, and assembled for a street turbo application. It has in it JE pistons, K-1 rods, ACL bearings, assembled short block, fully blueprinted and ready to have the head put on it. It has the 89 mm 9.0:1 compression JE pistons in it...

crush02342002 05-11-2009 06:40 PM

nope. negative.

The log just would not attach for some reason, prolly has an error somewhere maybe because i shut the car off and then just pulled out USB from laptop without closing anything.

try zipping it and then attach it to email

crush02342002 05-11-2009 06:43 PM

What do you guys think about this ?

what do you think about that compression ?

sleeved, and assembled for a street turbo application. It has in it JE pistons, K-1 rods, ACL bearings, assembled short block, fully blueprinted and ready to have the head put on it. It has the 89 mm 9.0:1 compression JE pistons in it...

compression isnt bad i wouldnt think...seems like a few people are going 9:1 comp pistons...i could be mistaken but i am under the impression that the stock is 8.9:1 or 8.8:1....prolly wrong though....

whats the price?

TurboToyotas 05-11-2009 07:00 PM

Responded to your email and left you a vm.

You have options :)

Regards-

Todd

CarbonXe 05-11-2009 08:26 PM

Put it back to stock, replace the motor, use it til September, sell it, and save up for a car to buy when you get back.