Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

joining the boosted family(updated 8/6/06)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default joining the boosted family(updated 8/6/06)

whats up guys. just thought i would share my excitment with every one. this past friday i ordered the GReddy turbo kit for my car.

i ordered it with the option 2 which includes the 440 injectors, e-manage ultimate and a basic map setting. for the blow off valve i'm getting the GReddy type rs. to keep an eye on the boost and egt levels i'm getting 60mm GReddy silver warning gauges that have a warning indicator and peak playback.

my suplier told me the kit should be in by this coming fri. then within a couple weeks after that i'm going to install it. after i drive it a little bit and get the turbo broke in i'm going to take it and have it fully dyno tuned. so hopefully 2-3 weeks into august i will have it tuned and i will post the dyno numbers for every one to see.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congratz on the purchase, hope all goes well! Def will be looking for some numbers from ya.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

<------ jealous. I'm looking, at best, to be boosted by the end of September.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you doing the install yourself, if so take tons of DIY picts...
Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

definitely watching for the results, congrats
Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats! cant wait to see some pics.
unfortunatelly im am leaving the boost fam. I got pulled over Friday night for suspiscion of an illegally modified vehicle and sure enought they poped my hood and screwed me. I have to go see the state referee.

Your going to love a boosted tC, its everything you imagine and more. congrats again man
Old 07-25-2006, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey So-Cal, why not just sell the Turbo set-up and go TRD. You'd still be boosted, but the down side will be the difference in power from T to S/C. Atleast you would be boosted and legal ;)
Old 07-25-2006, 10:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i can't wait to get it. it should be here hopefully by fri. my friend who gets my parts is going to call today or tomorrow to check on it and make sure.

the wierd thing is since i put it on order i have been getting alot more people wanting to race me compaired to before...lol. just makes me want it more.

i'm going to be doing the install myself yes, i'll try to take as many pics as i can also.

it will be a couple weeks before i get a chance to do it. i'm shooting to have everything installed,broken in, and tuned by the middle of august. i'm going to have mine dyno tuned the same time as my friends sti. i'm shooting for 245-250whp. he is looking for mid to upper 500whp range on pump gas. yeah his car is going to be insane. he is going to start installing parts on his car this weekend.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:30 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats on the purchase. Watching to see your prgogress.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok guys the kit is in. i picked it up fri. morning from my dealers house at 4:00am. starting at around 2:00pm myself and my best friend started the install at my house. we finished the install at around 3:00am sat. morning. i had 2 other friends come over and help during the second half of the install and my dealer who is also a good friend hooked up my injectors for me.

the install would have went faster but at 5:00 i had to take my oil pan, blow off valve, charge pipe, and exhaust manifold to get some welding done. i had the return tube welded to the oil pan, the blow off valve to the charge pipe, and the egt bung to the manifold. we dropped the parts off at around 5:30 and didn't pick them back up until around 9:30. so that slowed the process a little.

when it comes to how the car is running i couldn't be happier. the base map is working great. it spools fast. holds full boost at around 8lbs. it goes to 8.5-9 but then bleeds off a little. i actually got intoa race already just for the he!! of it against a cobalt ss. th cobalt has an upgraded pulley, intake, and exhaust. he was running 14.2's before the upgrades. when i ran him on the interstate he didn't pull on me by much. so now i really can't wait to get my tune done.

now for a couple of pics. i took these real quick at a car show today (sunday 8/6/06). the show was at summit point raceway in inwood,wv. it is the second show of the year that i have had the car in. i hope you guys like it. i'm hopeing to be able to take my car to be tuned by the same shop that does christian rado's cars. ok without further ado here are the pics.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.world-motorsports.com

Eric Plebani will take good care of you. I want to know when you drive up for the tune, Id like to watch. :D
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^no problem man. it is going to be with in the next couple of weeks at the most i hope. i have to make sure i get it tuned before i go to nopi in september.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Looks good man! I wonder if they changed the pre tune. Does the bottom grill fit with the IC?

You going to NOPI Atlanta, I'll probably see you there. Are you entering or just checking it out?
Old 08-07-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah the factory grille should fit if you put it in. i just couldn't bring myself to cover up that wonderful fmic. yeah i am going to the nopi nat's in atlanta. it will be my first time going in the 5 or 6 years that i have been trying to go.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

We will be there too. Congrats on the Kit. Maybe we can have a little race after the show. Are you Manual or Auto?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like 5spd. No Orange Tranny Dipstick.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Looks like 5spd. No Orange Tranny Dipstick.

DAMN, I always forget to look for that....
Old 08-08-2006, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah man i'm 5 speed.

hey for those of you that are going to nopi and read this my friends and i are leaving on thursday. we plan on meeting up with the super street tour in north carolina and then follow them to atlanta.

i don't know if i am going to show or not. haven't decided.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by greddy05tc
yeah man i'm 5 speed.

hey for those of you that are going to nopi and read this my friends and i are leaving on thursday. we plan on meeting up with the super street tour in north carolina and then follow them to atlanta.

i don't know if i am going to show or not. haven't decided.

Will they be rolling through TN? I have not checked the tour schedule.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any update? How is the car running with the ultimate? Greddy has really sparked my interest lately.

Quick Reply: joining the boosted family(updated 8/6/06)