Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

The lengths we go

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha yea ive read alot on their - very informative - atm im just getting everything put back together but last time i never ran a maf clamp this time im gunna work with setting it up - ive heard it makes the fuel tuning a lot simpler and more stable.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rjweitzel
you won't be dissapointed, it is worth the drive, but this is coming from a guy who lives 30 mins away lol
same but i never got around to getting tuned.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you made 270 at what psi? and what kit?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:19 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
Only people around here know hondas and thats about it lol Hondas are like THE import scene in oklahoma Considering there isnt much of an import scene to begin with - ive gotten pretty good at street tuning - but is there anyone in texas that's any good? BTW im using the FIC so id appreciate someone who knows the fic well
iv found quit a few tuners in the houston area, dont know how good they are really but ima test SGP racing out soon i hope.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ have you heard about horsepower engineering in houston?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
you made 270 at what psi? and what kit?
he has the dezod kit at 8.7psi...says it in his profile
270whp is very good on that kind of dyno. thats apx 300whp on a Dynojet
Old 02-06-2009, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so Let me just say the guys at ptuning are professionals. They do great work their customer service is awesome and they're just all together nice guys.

When they started tuning my car the 550cc injectors maxed out really quick like way before they should have. So tuan called everybody from AEM to deatchworks to try to figure out the problem he thought the shop that did my install might have neglected to actually put in the 550's so we swapped them out for 625cc injectors. Still had the same problem maxed out early. He plugged up an fic from another tc just to check still had same issue. So its down to either the fuel pump or the aem software. He had a call into AEM's head engineer. Anyway dude did what he could He was tuning my car from 11 to about 8 that night . He is a perfectionist and great at what he does. This is the same gut that tuned their time attack tc He made an awesome map it feels like the car was boosted from the factory. As a result of him not being able to figure out the issue i can come down once he does and get a FREE retune because there is still power to be gained. All i gotta say is ptuning rocks.

With the addition of the 3in exhuast the car is now at about 10psi
Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ one of the best hp and tq curve iv seen on a turbo tc great job i like
Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
but is there anyone in texas that's any good? BTW im using the FIC so id appreciate someone who knows the fic well
Yes. Call Tony at T1 Race Development.

Address: 5121 Grisham Dr Ste A
Rowlett, TX 75088
Email: tony@t1racedevelopment.com
Phone: 214-607-9022
Old 02-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by dave2610
Ok so Let me just say the guys at ptuning are professionals. They do great work their customer service is awesome and they're just all together nice guys.

When they started tuning my car the 550cc injectors maxed out really quick like way before they should have. So tuan called everybody from AEM to deatchworks to try to figure out the problem he thought the shop that did my install might have neglected to actually put in the 550's so we swapped them out for 625cc injectors. Still had the same problem maxed out early. He plugged up an fic from another tc just to check still had same issue. So its down to either the fuel pump or the aem software. He had a call into AEM's head engineer. Anyway dude did what he could He was tuning my car from 11 to about 8 that night . He is a perfectionist and great at what he does. This is the same gut that tuned their time attack tc He made an awesome map it feels like the car was boosted from the factory. As a result of him not being able to figure out the issue i can come down once he does and get a FREE retune because there is still power to be gained. All i gotta say is ptuning rocks.

Good numbers! I wonder if he is clamping the MAF too early, which can cause the injectors to max out too quickly. I have seen this on the tCs, several Hondas etc..

Originally Posted by streettimetc
^^ one of the best hp and tq curve iv seen on a turbo tc great job i like
Yes. What good tuning on a Dezod S1 will provide.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The MAF clamp table was slowly de-limited from 4.39 volts all the way to 4.8 volts or so and there was still lack of fuel control on the top end. Even block setting all the fuel map values above 5000+ rpms to 100's to test this theory still didn't work to add fuel.

Every combination of possible main chip/slave chip flash along with the necessary software versions was also tried with no luck. Of course, only the Z104 slave chip flash will function properly on a tC (no injector misfire problems like with the Z107 flash that comes as default with the F/IC).

Either there is an issue with the slave chip firmware (fueling algorithims or something is wacked) on the F/IC or the fuel pump on this particular '08 tC is all pooped out on the top end. I'll have to check with Jeremy at AEM to see if there have been any reported injector control bugs to speak of before concluding that the fuel pump is the culprit.

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that we've successfully dynoed turbo tC's to just over 300WHP with the stock fuel pump (don't really recommend this for a DD though as the fuel delivery becomes a little suspect at that point) I would point straight to the fuel pump. Anyhow, we'll get all this figured out soon.

Btw, thanks again Dave for purchasing our 3" PTUNING S-Back exhaust and for waiting around all day long for the tune. I'm glad you're finally enjoying your boosted tC. Oh, and don't forget, lunch is still on me the next time you stop by.

- Toan
Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuning_tuner
The MAF clamp table was slowly de-limited from 4.39 volts all the way to 4.8 volts or so and there was still lack of fuel control on the top end. Even block setting all the fuel map values above 5000+ rpms to 100's to test this theory still didn't work to add fuel.

Every combination of possible main chip/slave chip flash along with the necessary software versions was also tried with no luck. Of course, only the Z104 slave chip flash will function properly on a tC (no injector misfire problems like with the Z107 flash that comes as default with the F/IC).

Either there is an issue with the slave chip firmware (fueling algorithims or something is wacked) on the F/IC or the fuel pump on this particular '08 tC is all pooped out on the top end. I'll have to check with Jeremy at AEM to see if there have been any reported injector control bugs to speak of before concluding that the fuel pump is the culprit.

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that we've successfully dynoed turbo tC's to just over 300WHP with the stock fuel pump (don't really recommend this for a DD though as the fuel delivery becomes a little suspect at that point) I would point straight to the fuel pump. Anyhow, we'll get all this figured out soon.

Btw, thanks again Dave for purchasing our 3" PTUNING S-Back exhaust and for waiting around all day long for the tune. I'm glad you're finally enjoying your boosted tC. Oh, and don't forget, lunch is still on me the next time you stop by.

- Toan
Ya know, I have seen the stock pumps struggle on the top end with cars around the 275-300whp mark. A walbro 255 was installed and it made a world of difference on the top end fuel from 4500 to redline.

It definitely sounds weird for sure. Jeremy will probably end up getting some form of resolution down the road.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So i keep throwing the CEL P0301 misfire in cylinder 1. Why is this?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe fouled out the plugs during tuning, replace em and see how that does for ya.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

All i gotta say is ptuning rocks.
Damn straight, it's things like this that make me want to continue to promote them. I'm going down for a tune in 2-3 weeks, can't wait to get my car running the right way again. Toan is the only person I trust with tuning my car, he really knows what he's doing.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

So i keep throwing the CEL P0301 misfire in cylinder 1. Why is this?
Pull your plugs and inspect the slide electrode. See if there is some carbon build up there.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was brought to our attention that our dyno chart of a certain turbo kit that we recently tuned for a customer was posted on another vendor's site with incorrect information. The incorrect dyno chart shows this kit making the power shown below at only 8 psi instead of 10 psi. In addition, the dyno chart did not mention that this kit was only able to achieve that power at 10 psi with our 3" ptuning exhaust system.

Here's the incorrect chart with only 8 psi.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with displaying another vendor's dyno chart to market a product, but one needs to give credit to the vendor that did the tuning and a dyno chart is useless without providing the supporting mods and correct information that made it all possible. Hopefully this chart will be updated with correct information.

MrC
Old 03-09-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hmm....
Old 03-09-2009, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Hmm....
x2.. sounds interesting?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrC_Ptuning
It was brought to our attention that our dyno chart of a certain turbo kit that we recently tuned for a customer was posted on another vendor's site with incorrect information. The incorrect dyno chart shows this kit making the power shown below at only 8 psi instead of 10 psi. In addition, the dyno chart did not mention that this kit was only able to achieve that power at 10 psi with our 3" ptuning exhaust system.
MrC
So this with a 3" exhaust at 10 PSI? I will get Don to correct this.

Shop and customer's names SHOULD have been omitted, but mods are supposed to be included. Simple mix up on our part here.

Quick Reply: The lengths we go