Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My Plans for boost

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Plans for boost

Whats up guys. I'm hoping to join the boost family soon but of course I got to have a plan before I boost. Here's what I want to get. I want to boost but pass emissions. possible? I want to get the Dezod/Sciontology turbo with a catted downpipe and a recirculated dump tube. i also would like to run a 5psi spring and a boost controller set at 5 psi for dd and 8.5 psi when i want some powwaaa. i want to get it tuned at a reputable shop, def no going cheap there. hoping to get it done back in NY at either No Limit motorsports or that other really good shop, i forget their name. Think about using the AEM FIC rather then the emanage systems but im not really sure just yet. Also I would like to avoid getting a CEL if at all possible. will that be do-able with the turbo I wanna get? what do you guys think? Critics are def accepted, I'm not gonna act like a know it all, i know theres other out there that know way more then me and I'm definitely open to all your oppinions.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i dont know if youll pass emissions but they way your headed will be closest possible in my eyes.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default Re: My Plans for boost

Originally Posted by a_german_named_hans
Whats up guys. I'm hoping to join the boost family soon but of course I got to have a plan before I boost. Here's what I want to get. I want to boost but pass emissions. possible? I want to get the Dezod/Sciontology turbo with a catted downpipe and a recirculated dump tube. i also would like to run a 5psi spring and a boost controller set at 5 psi for dd and 8.5 psi when i want some powwaaa. i want to get it tuned at a reputable shop, def no going cheap there. hoping to get it done back in NY at either No Limit motorsports or that other really good shop, i forget their name. Think about using the AEM FIC rather then the emanage systems but im not really sure just yet. Also I would like to avoid getting a CEL if at all possible. will that be do-able with the turbo I wanna get? what do you guys think? Critics are def accepted, I'm not gonna act like a know it all, i know theres other out there that know way more then me and I'm definitely open to all your oppinions.
Avoiding a CEL is easy with the catted downpipe and good tuning. Each and every state is different with emissions standards, and here in NYS if tuning is good with a catted dp, you CAN pass. We just passed a 2008 tC with the exact setup.

Our systems come with the FIC as the default system unless you're an auto. In that case it comes with the E-manage because of the DBW issue with the autos and the FIC.

Let me know if I can be of any more help
Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ oh awesome. Yeah I got a 5 speed so it looks like AEM is the way to go? Also what about exhaust. Is stock exhaust gonna work with this turbo or am I gonna have to go bigger? Also, will a single tune work for both 5 psi dd and 8.5 psi? or would i need a separate tune for both?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by a_german_named_hans
^^ oh awesome. Yeah I got a 5 speed so it looks like AEM is the way to go? Also what about exhaust. Is stock exhaust gonna work with this turbo or am I gonna have to go bigger? Also, will a single tune work for both 5 psi dd and 8.5 psi? or would i need a separate tune for both?
Yes the FIC is the way to go for the 5 speeds.

The stock exhaust can be run, but is really restrictive and will hinder power. I'd recommend something like our 2.5" turbo exhaust for good balance in sound, looks & performance:
http://www.dezod.com/pd_dezod_motors..._spipeback.cfm

If you're tuner sets the FIC up correctly, he can use one tune for both boost levels.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tuning is key. That is all
Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet. I think i'll leave the stock exhaust and then upgrade a little further down the road. I'm excited. Now I can't wait to be boosted.