Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **EDIT: DOWN AGAIN **

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has any 1 blew a stock motor yet just curious...I got almost 30 thousand miles and i redline my car every day at least 5 times probably gettin on the highway...gettin thru traffic lights before they turn red etc. etc. so far i havent heard any abnormal noises or anything sometimes im paranoid and think that i hear my valves clicking louder than before but every 1 tells me its just me so i dont know..my fathers tacoma was like that as well and it never had any trouble either...I would hope some kind of warning light would come on in this day and age where there is a sensor for everything as soon as anything went wrong before I start to actually hear it...
Old 01-23-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Equi, some stealerships will always blame the customer, no matter what, so they can charge you for the repairs that toyota corporate is going to be paying for anyway!

You are doing the right thing -just ignore all the bs the stealership is giving you and continue to talk with Toyota and Scion directly get everything recorded and get issued a complaint # or whatever they use to keep a legal track on stuff like these. If you feel the dealership is trying too hard not to honor the warranty then take your car to another delear that is intersted in doing warranty repairs. The dealerships get less money from warranty work than out of warranty repairs -some are too focused on the bottom line, than to serve the customer at a time of need (That would be you in a big way).

People buy new cars becasue they have warranties and if toyota is going to dog scion owners because of the "tuning" community's past sins then it's going to very hard to make a future toyota sale to the scion community after we have been mistreated at the delearships.

Unless you engine is tore down to the bone and opened up it's too early to say what exactly caused your engine to fail. Any monkey can check the oil dipstick after a major engine malfunction and say it's all becasue if low oil. Be sure to get all the info on paper from all parties involved before you let them tear your block appart or you will be stuck with a tear-down bill on top of everything else.

If lack of oil is to blame for your engine failure there will be a very long trail of history to support this: Wear marks, blueing of metals changing temperatures due to increase heat -It will be very obvious if it ran low on oil 1 mile or a thousand miles. The evidence will be inside the block.

Under the valve-cover is also a good place to start looking it won't cost $1,000 to take a couple of bolts to find out if it ran low on oil for an extended period of time.

There is a thread for a fellow SL member with a N/A tC that developed engine problems and the dealer voided the warranty because of metal shavings inside the throttle-body that the dealer attributed to the aftermarket CAI. Toyota paid for the replacement parts -but the dealer got paid for all the labor and it ended up costing over 1K just on the labor alone! Plus you never know if the engine really is 100% after a major issue like that -All this on a car with a bumper-to-bumper warranty...
Old 01-23-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should get a second opinon from another dealership if you can get the car towed to them or just call them and ask them questions
Old 01-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by cessblood
you should get a second opinon from another dealership if you can get the car towed to them or just call them and ask them questions
well from everything that I have found out, it isnt the dealer, its the regional manager or whatever that is stopping the decision to replace my motor.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by equinox2355
well from everything that I have found out, it isnt the dealer, its the regional manager or whatever that is stopping the decision to replace my motor.

How is it that someone who doesn't even hear both sides of the story, and is probably not even in the vicinity to look at your car (NOR is he mechanically inclined to make an actual educational/technical evaluation on your car), have the power to say wether it's your fault or theirs...
Old 01-23-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by equinox2355

is it posible to go to a different region?? if that regional manager refuses to uphold the standards outset by Toyota/Scion, trying going outside of his reach. Try calling to another region that he is not over but an area thats still somewhat close to you; tell them your story and see what they say.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*edited*

As for the OP, they're ____ing you. Get a lawyer. Your engine exploded on the highway, no doubt making a huge mess all over the ground and they have the audacity to blame you for low oil. Sue for a new damn car + a monetary value for wasting your time.

PS: All scions are slow.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by mattvs
*edited*

As for the OP, they're flippin' you. Get a lawyer. Your engine exploded on the highway, no doubt making a huge mess all over the ground and they have the audacity to blame you for low oil. Sue for a new damn car + a monetary value for wasting your time.

PS: All scions are slow.
I agree on all except I love my 06 tC because I was able to get a S/C.... if they gave me a new one, it would be an 07..... only option there is the non-SMOG legal turbos :?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it appears you do not have an s/c problem.. and you do not have a motor problem..

so for the folks who say 's/c bad...fi go home' need to give it a rest.

your problem is oil related. s/c or not you would have had an issue. now your real problem is they are saying you did not check levels.

so it seems to me that the problem is "why was there only 1.5 qts"?

Was that neglect, were you leaking for some reason, and/or did instrumentation fail?

Seems to me that if you can prove the either of the last two then they should provide repairs under warranty. Again, this is not S/C related.

Your earlier post should be referenced "however id like to point out that my oil pan had leaked before and they saw that when doing an oil change and i made an appointment the next day for it) and I have had problems with the tranny since I got it..."

is there a service record? perhaps the dealer did not fix this and will be caught with their pants down?? if there is an electronic record of this diagnosis i would call scion/toyo corp customer care directly.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree on all except I love my 06 tC because I was able to get a S/C.... if they gave me a new one, it would be an 07..... only option there is the non-SMOG legal turbos
But it's a new car in perfect working condition, which is something you don't currently have. Either that or press for a completely new engine, transmission, and supercharger on your 06. It'll end up costing them the same amount of money.

On the one hand, you get your car back, fixed and running properly. But you lose a lot of resale value.

On the other hand, you get a new car sans supercharger, with a completely clean slate in terms of resale.

You could always use the new car as a trade-in for something more provacative.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey equinox2355 take control of your thread. they're contradictions going on in here. Anything can happen to any car. it doesn't matter if it's a S/C, if it's a T/C, if it's a All motor, if it's rebuilt motor with a S/C, or if it's rebuilt motor with T/C. Anything can happen. Real race car drivers will tell you something will breaks once in a while, If you want less problems you will have to keep up with the maintenance. equinox2355 see if you can talk to a different regional manager and get a lawyer if they don't want to cover it under warranty,
Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey here's the thing to do equinox2355... get the reginal directors phone # and talk to him yourself, that will have a greater impact then going through the dealer.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
hey here's the thing to do equinox2355... get the reginal directors phone # and talk to him yourself, that will have a greater impact then going through the dealer.
I agree
Old 01-23-2007, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
I agree
Great idea....
Old 01-23-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I didn't read everything but I think you should take it to a dealer that will fix it. It's BS saying it's your fault the oil was low. How do we know it didn't dump out on the highway somewhere? In fact that's what it sounds like to me if the oil light came on at the last minute. If that's not the case then the light was broke and they need to fix. If they can look at the light and find that it was broke, then it's part or all their fault. If it wasn't broke then that means the oil dumped out on the highway when the light came on and it's all their fault. Makes sense to me. I think we should all rally behind him and call up Scions 800 number and complain. This could be any one of us.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

thread clean... play nice... stay on topic.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

equinox2355 lets us know when you talk to the regional manager give us an update. WOW this thread got cleaned up
Old 01-24-2007, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt see what was posted in here damn it
Old 01-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by etsnet
I didn't read everything but I think you should take it to a dealer that will fix it. It's BS saying it's your fault the oil was low. How do we know it didn't dump out on the highway somewhere? In fact that's what it sounds like to me if the oil light came on at the last minute. If that's not the case then the light was broke and they need to fix. If they can look at the light and find that it was broke, then it's part or all their fault. If it wasn't broke then that means the oil dumped out on the highway when the light came on and it's all their fault. Makes sense to me. I think we should all rally behind him and call up Scions 800 number and complain. This could be any one of us.
I agree 100% but I dont have much proof. I talked to a few people that I know and they told me that quite a few of toyota's 2.4s have sludge problems.... and he suggested i find out how much sludge is in the pan.

A rally would be nice but I dont know how much it would help, but if anyone thinks it will help then im all for it!
Old 01-24-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't tamper with the car at this point until you get something in writting first. The sludge issue was for the previous generation of toyota engines. You can look it up on google if you want.

Quick Reply: My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **EDIT: DOWN AGAIN **