Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

NEED INFO ON A TURBO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NEED INFO ON A TURBO!!!

Hey everyone....
anyway im a tech school right now so i dont have much time to use the com. but i have my buddy asking me alot of questions about the treadstone kit such as is it a direct bolt-on, hows the power,do you have to make any modifications in the engine bay for fitment,and if extra items must be purchased to complete install cause he read that the kit is missing a few things thanks
*SCIONRIDERZ
T-netics is the way to go (My Opinion)
Old 06-13-2007, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been running the TreadStone set-up for 3 months now and absolutely love it. My car dyno'd 249.4whp at 7lbs of boost with the restriction of one cat. However, since the dyno I have swapped my exhaust out with the dezod turbo back system and have notice a great change in power just from new exhaust. I'm getting it re-dyno'd next week at 8lbs and my installer claims I will be just under 300whp. Overall I'm quite shocked with the design and quality of this turbo kit and I certainly recommend your friend to get one. My car is actually the one on Treadsatones site with pictures and the dyno chart on there by my car is my actual dyno chart. I do beleive some minor parts will need to be purchased such as a breather filter and a hose and little things like that, I know some hardware needs to be purchased to bolt up the Intercooler to the crashbar and such. I went the safe way out and ended buying the Greddy eMan Blue with the dezod Greddy eMan BLUE PNP harness to make things easy for the installer. I purchased a wideband 02 guage a boost guage and an EGT guage to monitor my cars performance, but like i said before I have had no issues with this kit and love it. As far as fitment goes......I have talked to some Treadstone owners and one guy I know of had a turbo fitment issue with the radiator getting in the way of where the turbo fits. He actually owns the RS2 tC which is the bright blue one and I actuially own an 05 model and had absolutely no fitment issues. I do beleive if the turbo is tweaked just a bit it will slide just by the radiator fan because mine sits pretty close, but not close enough to cause any issues.

I hope this has helped you somewhat in clearing up some unanswered curiosities and please if you have any firther questions about this Treadstone Turbo I will be super glad to help you out and be a good spokesperson for this kit. It is a rare kit that is overlooked by a lot, but the quality is there and the pricing is good for this setup.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info on the kit seems like you pretty mich answerd everything that i couldn;t cause i own the t-netics kit awesome kit just over-priced but hey i needed power fast i'll be doing alot of testing on the treadstone kit (if my buddy gets it ofcourse) and maybe i might purchase it for my wifes tc cause another t-netics kit is just to much oh think you can make me a list of the little things that should or need to be purhcase cause i like to be on top of things that way if he goes with this kit im all good and we can get things started faster
thanks again
*SCIONRIDERZ
Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only things I can think of off the top of my head are a breather filter and hose...IC hardware...I will ask my installer what other little things that he had to end up getting and I will get back to you....
Old 06-13-2007, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another Treadstone owner here that has had ZERO issues with the kit. Only problems i've had have been with the damned EMANAGE! Let me know if you have any q's for me. I know me and ambition didn't have any fitment issues so i think you'll be ok.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

heck yea Jared you found this post too. I found this and was sooo excited that someone was actually questioning the Treadstone kit. Great Kit.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a great kit coming from a Dezod kit owner. I have been in Jarod's car numerous times and for the price, you cannot beat this kit!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You do have to cut the crash bar and the bumper to make everything fit. That's the only thing keeping it off my list to consider. I really wish they'd redo the piping and intercooler size.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the posts....just hit me back with the parts list and yeah i must say you can't beat the price oh whats wrong with the e-manage and how did you fix it oh post some pics (different from the one on the site) and soem vids peace out
*SCIONRIDERZ
Old 06-13-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well you may have to cut it but have a shop build you a engine crash cage(like a roll cage) and have it extended out and flushed with the inside of the bumper thats what i did that way i save my engine and myself
*SCIONRIDERZ
Old 06-13-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nychold
You do have to cut the crash bar and the bumper to make everything fit. That's the only thing keeping it off my list to consider. I really wish they'd redo the piping and intercooler size.
Cutting the crashbar is not a big deal at all. All the other kits require it when upgrading to a larger intercooler. And as far as the intercooler piping, I agree, I wish they'd offer an option where cutting the vents out werern't necessary. But for about $300, you could have a shop bend some new intercooler piping. I am going to do that soon.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Cutting the crashbar is not a big deal at all. All the other kits require it when upgrading to a larger intercooler. And as far as the intercooler piping, I agree, I wish they'd offer an option where cutting the vents out werern't necessary. But for about $300, you could have a shop bend some new intercooler piping. I am going to do that soon.
Yep, but I don't want a larger intercooler. I'm very much a sleeper person. I'd rather keep everything simple and concealed (as best as possible) instead of announcing to the world "I have a turbo, come race me".
Old 06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yep, but I don't want a larger intercooler. I'm very much a sleeper person. I'd rather keep everything simple and concealed (as best as possible) instead of announcing to the world "I have a turbo, come race me".
Tread offers a smaller intercooler where cutting the crahs bar isn't necessary.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm....dang it. Now I have to put it back on the list.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but no matter what IC you go with, the treadstone requires cutting into the bumper and you see the pipes in the side vents. Very NOT sleeper. Other then that, I think it's a great kit. I actually prefer the look of hte pipes int the sides there, but I don't think it's as complete a kit as, say, the Dezod kit.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
but no matter what IC you go with, the treadstone requires cutting into the bumper and you see the pipes in the side vents. Very NOT sleeper. Other then that, I think it's a great kit. I actually prefer the look of hte pipes int the sides there, but I don't think it's as complete a kit as, say, the Dezod kit.
Well having installed both the Treadstone and Dezod kit, both are equally complete. We had just as many hardware issues with the Dezod as we did with the Treadstone. And as I stated before, for about $300, one could have new Intercooler piping bent to allow for zero cutting of the bumper. Also, even though you have to cut the bumper beam for the intercooler to fit, you can still use the stock grill on the bottom for a sleeper look.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But for about $300, you could have a shop bend some new intercooler piping. I am going to do that soon.
So...$3095 + $300 + $500 (EMS) < $4300 and is basically the entire Dezod kit, unless I'm missing something... The only issue for me is it's not a simple 'call them up an order' process, since you have to get the pipes redone, and buy the EMS separate.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds good to me.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

just a quick question, do you know the largest size intercooler would be without cutting the crash bar?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But for about $300, you could have a shop bend some new intercooler piping. I am going to do that soon.
So...$3095 + $300 + $500 (EMS) < $4300 and is basically the entire Dezod kit, unless I'm missing something... The only issue for me is it's not a simple 'call them up an order' process, since you have to get the pipes redone, and buy the EMS separate.
$3095+300+500=$3895 in my book which is still considerably less than the Dezod kit. I'm not trying to sway you either way, I was just pointing out a few things. I think you can't go wrong with either kit. Dezod is a great company who has answerered my many q's. I just see the tread kit get pushed aside often. Hope this doesn't come accross as argumentative, not my intention.

Quick Reply: NEED INFO ON A TURBO!!!