Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Default need some help

i have an 08 tc with a hunk of crap attached to my engine. that hunk of crap is known as the trd s/c. well anyway i cant bring it to the stealership because of my aftermarket parts and plus they all hate me lol cuz they were forced to swap out my short block. but anyway my supercharger wont hold boost. kinda. well if im in first gear and hit my high rpms it will hold. then if i slam it into second it usally holds all 9 pounds but this is the crappy part. when i slam it into 3rd it wont hold, my rpms will go up but my boost will go up to 2 pounds then drop down to 0. at max rpm. BUT if i have it in 3rd gear and im about 4k-5k i can let go of my gas pedal and then slam on the gas and it will jump up to 9 and hold like it should. also if i start out in 2nd with low rpms and slam on the gas it will do the same thing. go up to 2nd then go to 0 but like i said if i let go of the gas and slam on it, it will jump up. ive check my hoses and all seem fine. its done it since i got the s/c i think put these are my mods on the engine, 9.5 psi pulley, light weight crank pulley, throttle body spacer, trd HI-flow intake drop-in, header, a turbo xs bov. (i had the bosch 110 bpv and it did the same). i thought it was the bpv that was causeing the problem but when i swapped it out it does the same. heres is a vid of me doing a speed run and you can hear me let go of the gas and press on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M_3spcaUVM
i really need some help cuz its botherin me and sucks i have to keep letting off the gas in front friends.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

could it be the belt slipping on the pulley?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

i wouldnt think so but thing again i dont know what that would feel like. but idk cuz the bosst level wont go any higher then 2.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i know this is a weird question this time of year. but is your A/C working fine? also is your alternator charging your batery? it sounds like a tensioner has come loose on your serpentine belt and it's slipping under high load. if the belt is shiney shiney black that would be a good sign.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You DID change your belt when you went to the 9 psi pulley right?? Diff pulley other than stock will require a diff belt i believe - someone correct me if im wrong here
Old 01-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah i did change it to a gates. but that is a wierd question but it would make since but im not sure about the alter. charing my battery i mean my batterys fine, ive never had it die so it seems like its doin its job. i do have a voltage gauge and ive never seen it go down past 11 and thats because i had the car off and playin music. my a/c though, i dont know if it works fine because when i drilled holes for my hood pins i went a little too far and poked a little hole and all the a/c stuff came out. but before i did that it was working good. i was living in louisiana then and i always used it. now i live in oregon and i always use my heat.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

so i showed my cousin that works at napa and he said it is the belt slipping. its a gates belt. so what should i do? i mean it slipps every time. should i start saving up and by a new tensioner or should i buy a new belt? its seems really tight when u check the belt so really i dont think it needs a new tensioner but idk. this belt i have on there now is only 7 months old.