Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising) (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/new-aem-piggyback-seems-very-promising-103351/)

brett561tc 07-10-2007 08:37 PM

with your setup, you should be traping 112mph. if you're shifting into 5th at the end of the track then stop. stay in 4th even if you hit the rev limiter.

garabaldy 07-10-2007 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Gerabaldy:
What did it dyno at after tune?

318:
I knew you were 19, didn't know you lived at home. I was just wondering what comment you were replying to with that.

Oh, and jrod, try having a $2100 house payement, 3 kids under 4 years old, your wife's carpayment and a single income family!!! :lol: :rofl:
:cry:

360 corrected whp

garabaldy 07-10-2007 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by brett561tc
with your setup, you should be traping 112mph. if you're shifting into 5th at the end of the track then stop. stay in 4th even if you hit the rev limiter.

With the way my A/F is moving around I don't think I'm getting allI can when at the track.

Mr_Meaty 07-10-2007 11:33 PM

OH MAN! This is SO FUNNY!
I went to Dezod's website to see if they still listed the harness in stock, and I noticed the "Customers who bought this also bought..." and they listed the F/I C and some spark plugs.
I was like "Hey! That's exactly what I bought from them the other day!"

DUH! :rofl:

What?

Am I the only one laughing?

olaHalo 07-11-2007 01:58 AM

OH MAN! This is SO FUNNY!
I went to Dezod's website to see if they still listed the harness in stock, and I noticed the "Customers who bought this also bought..." and they listed the F/I C and some spark plugs.
I was like "Hey! That's exactly what I bought from them the other day!"

your probably the one its referring to.

What?

Am I the only one laughing?

im laughing too. but only because im the guy who always laughs when people are laughing; even though i have no idea what theyre laughing about.
hahahahahaha

i dont get it.

Mr_Meaty 07-11-2007 04:18 AM

That IS what I was lauging about. I saw it and realized I was the one it was referring to.

Your getting the Greddy, right? Blue or Ultimate? And did you order it seperate or is Todd getting that for you?

Mr_Meaty 07-11-2007 10:50 PM

DAMN! My wife wasn't home, so she missed one of the fedex boxes today! I guess it had the harness in it cause the other 2 fedex boxes came on another truck with my spark plugs and my......DUN DUN DUN DUN......AEM F/IC!
Can't wait to get home and see it! Even thought I can't do anything with it since the Fedex still has my harness :cry:
Oh well, it wasn't supposed to come till Friday anyway which would have been cutting it real close as the turbo install is Saturday!

THANK YOU DEZOD!

Mr_Meaty 07-12-2007 05:23 PM

Don't know how many of your are on the AEMPower forums, so I thought I'd share this little tidbit. It was in a thread called "Added Feature Poll"

Originally Posted by JR

Originally Posted by JR

I would like the feature added to let you log info from the AEM WideBand Eugo.
I think it will be a pain to have the laptop plugged into the F/IC and the Eugo at the same time.

That is in the works already.

NICE!

How will new features, such as this, work? Will we have to send the box back to AEM? Will there be a firmware flash via Laptop? More wires or connections to be made?

The upgrade we have proposed internally will use existing hardware on the F/IC and would only require a software update that can be performed in the field.

There is no ETA on this is right now but we agree that it is needed and will be implemented as time permits.

chicotunner07 07-20-2007 04:42 PM

ok.... so what exactly changes so much on 07 that cause things to be so different???

Mr_Meaty 07-20-2007 04:52 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to get tuned this weekend. Waiting on some stuff.
But I figured I may as well plug the AEM in and check out the gauges and whatnot since the 0 map should run like it's not even there. IT DOES NOT! Oh, man. I plugged the thing in and my car bas bogging down like crazy, and boost was coming on all funny. So I took it out and I'll have the shop put it back in when I go to get tuned, hopefully next weekend.

paul_dezod 07-20-2007 05:37 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to get tuned this weekend. Waiting on some stuff.
But I figured I may as well plug the AEM in and check out the gauges and whatnot since the 0 map should run like it's not even there. IT DOES NOT! Oh, man. I plugged the thing in and my car bas bogging down like crazy, and boost was coming on all funny. So I took it out and I'll have the shop put it back in when I go to get tuned, hopefully next weekend.

What size injectors?

whorok305 07-20-2007 05:58 PM

Watchin'

Mr_Meaty 07-20-2007 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
What size injectors?

eh....stock :rofl:
I know, I know :doh:
I'm getting the 440 put in tomorrow along with my gauges, unless the shop has a bead roller. Then i will have them do the full on tune with the 650cc.

If not, I'll try connected it up again after the 440cc go in.

How is your testing coming? Havne't heard anything from you about this in a while.

DelSolid 07-20-2007 07:22 PM

Ha, I'll bet it doesn't.

When we say "zero map" we are referring to the changes. If you actually put in all zeros then it will run quite bad!

A "zero map" will have both the fuel maps at zero and the timing map at zero. BUT the MAF map has to be filled with the same voltage it's getting so if it see's 2.5 volts on the input it sends out 2.5 volts to the ecu. The O2 sensor mode should be set to the example given on the scion tC thread on the AEM forum. The MAF settings are covered there as well.

Just fill the O2 sensor table with 3.2 untill you map it or it will mess up your trims.
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,19962.0.html

Mr_Meaty 07-20-2007 07:53 PM

A-HA!
We'll see if I'm ballsy enough to try that this weekend.
If I don't respond, I either didn't try it, or I blew up my car!!!
So let's hope I post back up :rofl:

paul_dezod 07-20-2007 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by DelSolid

Ha, I'll bet it doesn't.

When we say "zero map" we are referring to the changes. If you actually put in all zeros then it will run quite bad!

A "zero map" will have both the fuel maps at zero and the timing map at zero. BUT the MAF map has to be filled with the same voltage it's getting so if it see's 2.5 volts on the input it sends out 2.5 volts to the ecu. The O2 sensor mode should be set to the example given on the scion tC thread on the AEM forum. The MAF settings are covered there as well.

Just fill the O2 sensor table with 3.2 untill you map it or it will mess up your trims.
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,19962.0.html

Thanks for hitting that in my absence John. :clap:

Mr_Meaty 07-20-2007 08:29 PM

By the way, paul, the harness fits great.
Any suggestion on how to tuck it in better so it does not make it so difficult to close my glove box?

paul_dezod 07-20-2007 08:43 PM

By the way, paul, the harness fits great.
Any suggestion on how to tuck it in better so it does not make it so difficult to close my glove box?

:clap:

Here is my list of steps to tuck the AEM harness, which will work for any harness on this car.

• Cut ¾ in slit in large grommet behind glove box
• Remove fabric liner from glove box
• Use Goof Off or STRONG adhesive remover to remove adhesive
• Prep glove box and side and bottom of AEM box will rubbing alcohol
• Apply three one inch strips of industrial grade Velcro from Home Depot
• Apply one additional strip to side of AEM, not covering version number
• Install 4 strips of the soft side of the Velcro to the back and bottom of the glove box
• Install AEM right side up against the back and bottom of glove box, serial port is on left in this config
• Remove AEM and to the right cut hole with large hole saw for harnesses to pass through
• Tape/zip tie up PNP harness tight to stock ECU to prevent glove box from compressing

Mr_Meaty 07-20-2007 08:59 PM

Oh, sounds good!
got any pics? (can't hurt to ask, right :wink: )

Mr_Meaty 07-20-2007 09:45 PM

Gerabaldy:
Did you ever get back to the tune shop and have them look at your AFRs changing?