Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im getting more and more interested in seeing the benifits of the aem f/ic. i want to know if we can see mabey some test results vs an e-manage with injector harness, timing harness, and pressure sensor. or would it really not make any differance? i geuss what im getting at is, if i ran the same afr's, and pulled the same timing with both units. would i make the same power.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, garabaldy switched from the unichip to the fic and gained 30whp or so, i beleive.
Hey, garabaldy, what size injectors are you using?
I PMed delsolid about that base map you sent me, and he said it should work for me as well as long as I'm running larger injectors. I got 650cc in there.
My tuner said there was no map loaded when I gave him the unit, so he was spending all last night trying to work one up.
I just sent him the file so we shoudl start seeing some progress now. He seems anxiouse to get my car out of his shop!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I using the injectors that come with the Turbonetics kit, 630cc. And yes I gained WHP with the FIC but I think it was due to the fact that the Unichip was tuned for 8 psi and I am running 14 psi. The other benifit was partial throttle tuning and tuning off of the MAP. With Delsolids tune you may get a CEL (I did) which I believe came from closed loop fuel trim issues so, if you have problems tuning that area (Load below 16) copy that area from my tune, Also I tuned my car at idle to be 13.4:1 AFR to smooth out the idle and minimize the stalling after burnouts, that is included in my tune as well. Just wanted to let you know in case you loaded my tune and you saw your idle AFR's at 13.4:1
Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet! Are those the only changes you made to your tune?
I sent them both to my tuner, so I may have him use yours instead of the base.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No I made other changes as well. Don't forget to always keep all the maps together, do not interchange the O2 map and the fuel maps , they should always stay together . The tune includes all maps....

BTW - Since I've been street tuning my car for the last 2 weeks and I think I have it really close but I'm going back to the Dyno tomorrow and having the tuner fine tune it then off to the track tomorrow night
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watchin
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

May we all that Meaty's tC stays in one piece and doesn't get blowed up. I actually think I'm more worried about that then he is
Old 08-01-2007, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I'm not worried about that at all...so STFU!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...f' you buddy...
Old 08-01-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your gonna jinx me!
Still haven't heard from sue. And he doesn't usually answer the phone after 6. I'm started to get really nervouse and really anxiouse.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i cant belive nobody on this site can point you in the direction of a decent tuner in las vegas. i know there has to be some out there. isnt factor x out of vegas? last i heard they made 500+whp kits for the nsx. im pretty sure they could tune a scion.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for looking out, Brett.
ProStreetAutoPerformance actually is a really good shop. Todd's even heard of them (though he didn't give his opinion on their work). They do mainly hondas, but also have evos, stis, spec-v, a guy was in there with an all motor R-32. They even had a vette there! He just isn't familiar with the tC or teh AEM F/IC yet. I'm not worried, and i think if he does a good job with mine, the other turbo tCs in Vegas will have confidence to go to him.
But I found him by going to the dynojet website and there were only 3 places in vegas that had registered dynos. This shop was the jap import shop.

And I just looked it up, factor x is over by the speedway, along with silver state auto performance. Pro street is 15 min from my house, and open on saturdays! Gotta work with what you got!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
im getting more and more interested in seeing the benifits of the aem f/ic. i want to know if we can see mabey some test results vs an e-manage with injector harness, timing harness, and pressure sensor. or would it really not make any differance? i geuss what im getting at is, if i ran the same afr's, and pulled the same timing with both units. would i make the same power.
With the sophisitication of the F/IC, you may see extra power and better driveability. The REAL comparison would be with the EMS and your kit vs the e-mangle
Old 08-01-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by brett561tc
With the sophisitication of the F/IC, you may see extra power and better driveability. The REAL comparison would be with the EMS and your kit vs the e-mangle
i dont think that there would be any comparison there. i think since the aem f/ic, and greddy e-manage are both in the same price range, it would be nice to see wich one performs better.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I'm getting the AEM, and olaHalo is getting the same tt kit as me, but with the emanage. I think thats about a good as comparison as we are going to get, unless someoene who currently has the emanage ditches it for the F/IC.

Oh, and I should have my car tonight. Sue's problem was not this unit. Someone broke his dyno!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, my tuner had aleady designed a base map for my car. I didnt' know that, or else I would not have sent him the other one. He loaded it up, it deleted his map, and now my car wont' even stay at idle He's gotta start all over again!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, I'm picking up my car tonight. It's running really well, really smoth, but we can't get past 250hp. I don't know if it's my tuner's inability to work with the AEM, he thinks it's the fuel pump, or the problem going between open and closed loop, like Todd said.
Garabaldy, did you have to pull your o2 sensor in order to tune past 250hp for loop? How much do you think that upgraded fuel pump is helping?
I need to come up with some ideas cause I need to get past 250.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow 250? That's like a kick in the ***** compared to what you were telling me you wanted to run with your setup. Atleast your getting your baby back tonight though.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
So, I'm picking up my car tonight. It's running really well, really smoth, but we can't get past 250hp. I don't know if it's my tuner's inability to work with the AEM, he thinks it's the fuel pump, or the problem going between open and closed loop, like Todd said.
Garabaldy, did you have to pull your o2 sensor in order to tune past 250hp for loop? How much do you think that upgraded fuel pump is helping?
I need to come up with some ideas cause I need to get past 250.
No I still have the O2 in place, not sure how that would make a diference at WOT to get more HP. Are you referring to the transition from CL to OL? How much boost are you running? Is that 250hp corrected (SAE)?
Here is what I got at the wheels with a dynopak 3000 corrected:
8psi 265 hp on turbonetics turbo , 290 hp on Garrett GT
12 psi 320hp on Garrett GT
14 psi 366 hp on Garrett GT, water/meth injection, and AEM FIC

Honestly I do not know if the upgraded fuel pump is needed for 14 psi.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, i'm reffering to the transition from CL to OL.
don't know if that is corrected or not.
But the problem now is that my CEL came on, and when it did, my partial throttle boost AFRs went up into the 14s!
I'm freaking out now.

Quick Reply: New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)