Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING Orlando style!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay i'll start a new thread on that lol and the exhaust will be 3" all the way.thanks for the heads up on priming the turbo too. already had that on the check list but reminders are always good =) i was told by ptuning that there would be a litle bit of boost creep towards the top end of the rpm range and i was gonna keep an eye on that and let you guys knw what happened well im gonna have to search for a temporary boost gauge cause ebay sent me an AEM wideband instead of an AEM tru-boost =(
Old 08-07-2009, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

watching! good luck with the install
Old 08-08-2009, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

my boost guage reads 9 though out the whole band unless Im not noticing something or is this because its fixed post tuning?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i installed everything but when i went to start the car it does not want to idle at all. throttle position is ignored and my AFR's go crazy toward 16+....i hooked up the lap top to see if i could find anything wrong and all the map charts are at zero. i tried to reload the base map that ptuning made but no matter what everything stays at zero...any help on this please?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:16 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by mastertech86
i installed everything but when i went to start the car it does not want to idle at all. throttle position is ignored and my AFR's go crazy toward 16+....i hooked up the lap top to see if i could find anything wrong and all the map charts are at zero. i tried to reload the base map that ptuning made but no matter what everything stays at zero...any help on this please?
Unfortunately, the majority of our staff are in SC for Red Line Time Attack this weekend. If you are not sure about something during the install, I would highly recommend you wait prior to driving the car until everything is correct. I'm sure either our tuner, Toan or MrC will chime in on Monday.

Regards,
Mike
Old 08-09-2009, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ouch i was hoping to have a fix by tomorrow before monday because i have to go to work! lol i know "mospeedtc" has the ptuning kit as well, if it is the base map giving me problems maybe he could send me a map?? =) also if anyone in my area would like to come over and take a look, you are more than welcome!! my contact number is 407-334-0763. any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-09-2009, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Worst case scenario, run her a bit rich and stay out of boost if you have to use it to go to work. I'm sure they'll get you fixed up in a jiffy come monday. Can't wait to see some pics bro!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

u got a vac leak
Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

also did u change the injecters? if so take them back out and make sure u didint lose any rubber gromit's one of mine fell out and the car would barly idle and ran like trash... found the gromit put it on and car ran so smooth
Old 08-09-2009, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

we checked all the vacuum lines and double checked them and they were good, checked and trippled checked the injectors and no leaks were there, thats when i hooked up the lap top to see what was going on and thats when i noticed all the tuning maps were at zero, injector map, ignition map, MAF map, you name it, its on zero....so thats why i figured it has to be that i need a map and was wondering if anyone could hook it up! =)
Old 08-09-2009, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

AEM F/IC correct? Wonder if there is a password on the unit preventing you from loading a map or something. Laptop communicating with Unit ok? Drivers and everything installed?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Install Pics?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah check first if your fic is communicating with the laptop well, it could be your drivers.. check the status on the software make sure it goes online when you turn on the car.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
Unfortunately, the majority of our staff are in SC for Red Line Time Attack this weekend. If you are not sure about something during the install, I would highly recommend you wait prior to driving the car until everything is correct. I'm sure either our tuner, Toan or MrC will chime in on Monday.

Regards,
Mike

Mike...could Toan possibly have a base map stored on a computer somewhere that you could locate and email out? If you contact Toan or MrC and see what/where it might be stored.

Granted he checks to see if his laptop is communicating with the F/IC to begin with.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by mastertech86
ouch i was hoping to have a fix by tomorrow before monday because i have to go to work! lol i know "mospeedtc" has the ptuning kit as well, if it is the base map giving me problems maybe he could send me a map?? =) also if anyone in my area would like to come over and take a look, you are more than welcome!! my contact number is 407-334-0763. any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated
I did get a chance to talk to Toan briefly. He knew right away the problem.

Basically, he's telling me that you are not using the correct procedure to upload the map to the AEM Fi-C. He didn't have time to give me the detail, but he knows a lot of member on SL use the Fi-C and know the correct procedure, that can assist you on this.

Also, if you need the MAP again, please email me: mike@ptuning.com. I will forward you a copy. I will be here until 12:30pm EST.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you so much to elevationtc for coming out to help me, we found out possibly that it might be an AEM software issue and also now i have ptuning on the phone with me now so i have so much help coming from everywhere, its great! you guys are amazing thanks for all the help so we will get this car runing by the end of today...and i have pictures too but don't have time to put em up yet....
Old 08-09-2009, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tried man.. the maf tuning on the blow through setup is very weird!

did they get you a map yet?
Old 08-09-2009, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in for pics. I went on vacation and I come back and people have the kit. in for more details.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cars running!

Running great! and for the kit! PURE SEX! it had a major vacume line unhooked couldint hear it over the open downpipe LOL!

so i tuned the car to idle with a 1/2 inch vaume hose leaking! off of a zerod map

hahahaaha.. after talking with toan getting the new map! there cars up and running..

carlos and mike did a great job on the install!

Quick Reply: PTUNING Orlando style!