Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING: Red Line Time Attack 09 Season (Takes 1st place at RTA in E-town, NJ)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Just got to my hotel. I was at the track for a minute but you guys werent back yet.

Cant wait to check out the car tomorrow!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well Sadly i got to the track after the tranny went again and had to leave before you got it running again.

I didnt want to bother you guys cause you were very busy but i was impressed to see a few guys rebuild a tranny so fast!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Oh ma god I got to see them! EEEKKKKKKK!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice ___.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

MrC I just wanted to clear something up after reading this thread, is this the second time you broke the gear or the third? When I spoke with you on the phone I believe you were on the 2nd replaced gear.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey guys, Today was AWESOME! to say the least. It was definitely a hard fought victory for PTuning this time around. We (Music City Scions) were scrambling to help PTuning disassemble the tranny as they needed an extra set of hands. Not only did the tranny IN the car get removed and disassembled, but we had some of our crew rush to my house AND my in-laws house to pick up the spare 06 tranny I have and grab any and all necessary parts needed including my old stock Diff. So, while one group of us were disassembling and laying out the tranny from the car, another group was disassembling and removing gears, pins, rings...etc...from my old tranny. The removal and dis assembly of the trannies I think set a new record...LOL. Both were broken down at the same time. No one was really keeping watch, but we estimated the removal and dismantle of both trans in under 1hour 30min. I will let MrC finish telling the story. But all in all....Ross and the PTuning tC ran a 1:08xx lap time as their fastest lap. I haven't checked the times yet, but the Forged Performance R35 GTR was running lap times of 1:06-1:09. Imagine that....a tC keeping up with a slightly modded R35 GTR. Can't complain to much about that now can we.

Again impressed as usual every time I get a chance to come in contact with PTuning.

PS...as for me, it ended up being a race against myself as the other competitors were boosted and pushing 3-400hp. With that said, I won against myself because just in one practice session I went from first lap being 1:29 to consistent 1:26sec. Then second session, I rocked out a 4sec difference and ran consistent 1:22's. Best time during the actual TA session was another 2secs knocked of with a time of 1:20sec as my fastest lap. I was driving on factory Scion wheels and tires that drive on daily just FYI.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Here is some info on what took place Saturday:

For those of you that do not know what happened here is the scoop. Ptuning lost lost 4th gear...and by lost....well I will post the pictures and you can see what I mean. So they were going to change 4th gear there in the pit area but Ross had a good idea...."are there any shops in the area with a lift" So I immediately thought of Delk Performance(of course...they are a Mustang shop....LOL) So I called them and explained the situation..and they said sure...bring it on down. Have to say....Delk was AWESOME...they totally welcomed us in, let us use a lift, tools, anything we needed. It took the better part of 4 hours to change 4th gear out which without the Delk facilities would have taken MUCH longer. Long story short...Ptuning is back up and running and will be at the track tomorrow!

The Solution:

The Problem:

The Shop:

The Effort!

Full Import Alliance Pictures Are Up!!
http://www.musiccityscions.com/photoplog/index.php?c=42
Old 07-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

The PTUNING race team just got back into town this morning at around 7:00am.
They are all exhausted, and are all heading home to catch up on some much needed sleep.
Therefore MrC probably won't chime in about this weekend until later on today.

Here is a quick re-cap from a few conversations I had with MrC over the weekend.

Saturday:
*Broke 4th gear again on the first practice lap.
*The MusicCityScions group coordinate with a local Mustang shop to allow us to use one of their lift to pull and fix the transmission.
*Was not able to do any practice lap on Saturday.

Sunday:
*Lost all gears in the early afternoon session run @ around 12:30pm.
*Again, the MusicCityScions group helped locate and acquired necessary parts from all the different sources so that we can try to get the car back together by the last Time Attack session run @ 3:30pm. If not, we're done for this event.
*The PTUNING team with the help of the MusicCityScions disassembled two transmission in order to swap parts. I believed they did this in record time of about 3 hours. Just in time to make the last Time Attack session.
*The car was back on track, and our driver Ross Miller was able to complete the last full session and pull out another 1st PLACE win in Modified FWD.

I'm sure MrC will agree that we would not be able to take home this 1st PLACE win without the contribution of the MusicCityScions group. I don't know all the names, so I will let MrC thank these individuals later on.

PTUNING would like to dedicate this win to (in no particular order):
*Lustine Scions for providing us with a Tundra to tow our tC.
*Ross Miller for allowing us to borrow his trailer, and for his great driving.
*MusicCityScions group for all their help and support.
*imsono___un (Scott) for driving an hour just to drop off some boost juice so that we can make the event on time.
*Our sponsors: Lustine, Exedy, Seibon, Progress, Kognition, Toyo Tires, thehotstickers.com, & Green Leaf Recyler.
*PTUNING team for all their hard work and dedication

I'm sure there are more people to thank for this win, but I don't have all the details at this time. So, hopefully MrC will fill in all the blanks when he gets in.

Regards,
Mike
Old 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Totally AWESOME weekend!!!! I personally want to thank PTuning for the hospitality and the experience. Just being around them while everybody was tearing down the transmission and having them answer questions while they where working. I tried to stay out of the way and my girl and I tried to get pictures to document everything. Travis did an awesome job racing and kept getting better and better. It really seemed like every lap he ran, he got faster and faster. Rado was awesome too. He answered all our questions and has a sense of humor. I really got the feeling he was having fun hanging out and answering the questions. I have to say that the thought of that car having boost creep and putting out 980whp while doing a burnout at 160 mph on the straight away in 4th gear sounds like it would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Another great write-up by our driver Ross Miller:

http://www.ptuningscion.com/subdir/motorsports.cfm

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING

Last edited by PTUNING; 07-28-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Music City Scions

Originally Posted by scionteammember
Totally AWESOME weekend!!!! I personally want to thank PTuning for the hospitality and the experience. Just being around them while everybody was tearing down the transmission and having them answer questions while they where working. I tried to stay out of the way and my girl and I tried to get pictures to document everything. Travis did an awesome job racing and kept getting better and better. It really seemed like every lap he ran, he got faster and faster. Rado was awesome too. He answered all our questions and has a sense of humor. I really got the feeling he was having fun hanging out and answering the questions. I have to say that the thought of that car having boost creep and putting out 980whp while doing a burnout at 160 mph on the straight away in 4th gear sounds like it would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I can say that I tried to get as may pics as possible of the whole process and a big THANKS to PTuning for not kicking me out for that!!! LOL

I really had an awesome weekend though, I think we all learned quite a bit from PTuning!!! So thanks to all of you, and a BIG CONGRATS to Ross!!! He did an awesome job pulling out a win Sunday!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by LadyTeammember
Well I can say that I tried to get as may pics as possible of the whole process and a big THANKS to PTuning for not kicking me out for that!!! LOL

I really had an awesome weekend though, I think we all learned quite a bit from PTuning!!! So thanks to all of you, and a BIG CONGRATS to Ross!!! He did an awesome job pulling out a win Sunday!!!!
It would not have been possible without you all!! And seriously I have the easiest job of the bunch! I just turn a round thingy, push a pedal or two and move this stick around. The stars this weekend were the people elbow deep in transmissions, they are my heros!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis, your times seem decent so kudos. You had no excuses and ran, thats what a real racer does. Now you know how competitive street class is, so next year you will be more prepared.
Music City Scions, its awesome you guys jumped in to help. I wasn't there and still felt the stress of what Toan and Coung along with everyone else had to go through to get the tC on the track. But it was all worth it as it seems.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Travis, your times seem decent so kudos. You had no excuses and ran, thats what a real racer does. Now you know how competitive street class is, so next year you will be more prepared.
Music City Scions, its awesome you guys jumped in to help. I wasn't there and still felt the stress of what Toan and Coung along with everyone else had to go through to get the tC on the track. But it was all worth it as it seems.

Yeah it was AWESOME man. You can ask anyone, I was happy about my times not from an overall standpoint compared to other cars, but from my own previous times. I was racing myself to say the least. All in All, I had a 9sec improvement by the last Timed Time Attack Session. Next season, I hope to give a podium finish with the help of the PTuning turbo kit, and some good rubber and tune. On the back half of the oval, I was just nearing Redline in 3rd gear. Redline for me is 6500rpms and not the factory 6250. I was in need of a shift light so I didn't have to look down, or short shift, due to not knowing where my rpms were at the time I was coming out of the APEX. It was AWESOME yet again. When I get some time, I'll make a new thread about the experience from my point of view.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

In case you haven't seen this great pic.
Someone from MusicCityScions took a great picture of the PTUNING tC and World Racing tC side-by-side at Nashville with both drivers, Ross Miller & Chris Rado.

Both took home 1st Place Win in their class.
Congratulation Chris Rado and the World Racing team.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Found a picture of Travis (rhythmnsmoke) tC from the Nashville RTA on Timeattackforums.com:

Old 07-30-2009, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hheee....Thanks. I found that pic as well. I signed up on the Time Attack forums after seeing the pic. Saw Doug Wind over there too. Pretty cool to see the guys you were just battling with, posting on the forum.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
In case you haven't seen this great pic.
Someone from MusicCityScions took a great picture of the PTUNING tC and World Racing tC side-by-side at Nashville with both drivers, Ross Miller & Chris Rado.

Both took home 1st Place Win in their class.
Congratulation Chris Rado and the World Racing team.

Ha...that would be me, I even posted it on the front page of our site!!

www.musiccityscions.com
Old 07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Definitely a great shot.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Music City Scions

Originally Posted by j3st3r
Ha...that would be me, I even posted it on the front page of our site!!

www.musiccityscions.com
Wow I hadn't even noticed that!!!! I go directly to the forum...but looks awesome B!!!

And Ross, there is ALOT more to what you do then just turn a round thing, press a few pedals and shift a stick!!! The win came to PTuning by the help of ALL parties involved!!!

Quick Reply: PTUNING: Red Line Time Attack 09 Season (Takes 1st place at RTA in E-town, NJ)