Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Question on Brand New TRD Supercharger for 07-10 TC1

Old 02-25-2015, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exclamation Question on Brand New TRD Supercharger for 07-10 TC1

Hey forced induction guys! I recently bought a brand new, never used, still sealed in the box TRD supercharger for my 2007 TC. There was a new kit that a friend (of a friend who works at a Toyota/Scion dealership) had found buried in the inventory, and I jumped on the opportunity.

Anyways, I'm very torn and on the fence if I want to install it or not. My options are:

1) to open the kit and then try to source a Gompka shaft, the NST pulley, and the upgraded bearings and BPV, then install it on my tc1, tune it and call it a day...........or

2) Sell the TRD s/c kit and my TC1 and buy a Nismo 350z that I've found a good price.

What do you guys think? Which one would be more fun to have? Obviously the TC1 will still have less power, but it's also lighter. The Nismo Z is heavier, but has more power and is rwd and a 6speed, and will end up costing me a little bit more than just going the s/c tc route.

Anyways, I would love to hear some feedback. I've actually got the TRD s/c for sale in the classifieds just to gauge interest, so I imagine if I got what I'm asking for it, it might sway my decision. Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 02-25-2015, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shameless plug here, but here is the quick link to my classified ad if anyone wants to take a look:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/ppc...%2A%2A-230341/
Old 02-27-2015, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any thoughts??
Old 12-09-2020, 09:44 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders85
Hey forced induction guys! I recently bought a brand new, never used, still sealed in the box TRD supercharger for my 2007 TC. There was a new kit that a friend (of a friend who works at a Toyota/Scion dealership) had found buried in the inventory, and I jumped on the opportunity.

Anyways, I'm very torn and on the fence if I want to install it or not. My options are:

1) to open the kit and then try to source a Gompka shaft, the NST pulley, and the upgraded bearings and BPV, then install it on my tc1, tune it and call it a day...........or

2) Sell the TRD s/c kit and my TC1 and buy a Nismo 350z that I've found a good price.

What do you guys think? Which one would be more fun to have? Obviously the TC1 will still have less power, but it's also lighter. The Nismo Z is heavier, but has more power and is rwd and a 6speed, and will end up costing me a little bit more than just going the s/c tc route.

Anyways, I would love to hear some feedback. I've actually got the TRD s/c for sale in the classifieds just to gauge interest, so I imagine if I got what I'm asking for it, it might sway my decision. Thanks everyone for your input!
DO YOU STILL WANT TO SUPERCHARGER
magibbons62@outlook.com