Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Quick ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't sat and added it up but the kit put be between 4 and 5k for the kit. Plus what a shop will charge to install. But there's also a clutch and motor/trans mounts (sort of optional) and other miscellaneous costs. Like gauges, gauge pod etc. A s/c or t/c kit will work but theirs other costs involved to get it safely running on a DD

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jbarker1983
I'm searching here and can't find a answer. I have a 2010 Tc 5 speed I wanted to know if the TRD s/c is compatible with my yr or what I would need
To get it to work? Does any other manufacturer make s/c for the tc?
Hi, I can see you are interested in TRD s/c kit. If you decide to boost instead s/c kit, we have November special with free PTUNING S-Back exhaust with purchase of PTUNING turbo kit priced for $4899.00, that deal last till end of November.

Link of PTUNING turbo kit for Scion tC,
http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...E&ModelDesc=tC

Let me know if you are interested and have questions.

Doug Ptuning
Old 11-04-2011, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ killer deal on the best tc exhaust ever. still have my V1 and love it.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I came across this turbo kit and contacted them they said complete bolt on and it's a basic kit to start out with i know its cheap but if i can gain alittle from it as well as knowledge id tey it thoughts?

Link here

http://www.speedyracer.com/servlet/t...C-Turbo/Detail
Old 11-04-2011, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't go and do something silly like that.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
Don't go and do something silly like that.
How about you explain why I shouldn't I'd like to know? I've bought cheap parts off eBay and other places and never had issues I know this is alittle more important than regular bolt on's but I want to know why this stuff isn't good not just opinions but facts ya know
Old 11-05-2011, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only good things out of that kit is the manifold and maybe the I/C Turbo will fail, BOV/WG may or may not fail, but if the wg fails and doesnt open, youll make a ton of boost and most likely put a rod through the block. The IC piping will take ALOT of work to make it fit. The downpipe may be ok, but alot of the time the welds are shotty and will crack. All in all, either buy a good kit, or piece one together yourself using reliable, well build components.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You think I could buy this kit and upgrade the parts that may not be that good ? If I could
Piece together a
Kit that's not exspensive and pretty basic for a dd I'd be happy can't really afford 4 gs for a kit plus extras I'll need I'm not looking for massive gains just something good for a dd
Old 11-05-2011, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could, but it would be cheaper to go with a kit that works. Measure twice cut once. Dezod. Descendant. P-tuning.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by bdis3
Measure twice cut once.
Can't be said better than this.

After you replace the ____ parts you are in the end spending as much as a you would on a good new or used kit and stuck with a crap manifold.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2011, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought a Dezod kit, loved it, sold it. Bought a manifold an built a new kit around the manifold. If I had to pay labor and full parts cost, it would be more than any of the kits out there. Because I did stuff right. If my build thread is still floating around here, check it out. The kit since went on my friends car, and still the nicest custom kit I've seen so far, that's not on a race car. $.02
Old 11-08-2011, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
^ killer deal on the best tc exhaust ever. still have my V1 and love it.
I know how people feel about this kit but if I get it. Would I need bigger injectors and a tune? I've read that the zpi kit stg 0 was bolt on and go no injectors or tune is this a similar kit jw?
Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jbarker1983
I know how people feel about this kit but if I get it. Would I need bigger injectors and a tune? I've read that the zpi kit stg 0 was bolt on and go no injectors or tune is this a similar kit jw?
That Ptuning kit is complete bolt on and go. It comes with EVERYTHING you need. Injectors,Fic already preloaded with a basemap tune. Killer Deal.
Zpi kit uses a log manifold,utilizes the factory injectors and stock tune, and also does not use an intercooler. The ptuning kit uses and EL manifold,57trim turbo,Powdercoated intercooler piping,blowthrough maf setup. The ptuning kit will make butt loads more power than the zpi kit could dream of.

Ptuning kit>Zpi kit.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thing is really can't afford that much and not looking to make ___ load of power it is my dd I'm just looking for more power for everyday driving not racing or anything if I could get 200-215 whp I'd be happy so if I could avoid upgrading injectors and a tune and find a kit for alittle cheaper that could work with a stock ECM and motor besides intake and exhaust be great zpi I can't find anywhere to buy unless it's used
Old 11-08-2011, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the reason they're only used is that zpi went to the flames a while back. And honestly, not to be rude, but judging from your posts I'd tell you to really really really REALLY stay away from boost. The cold hard truth is from between the knowledge you have on boosting our na tc and the cheap parts you keep bringing up, I'd stay away from boost lest you blow your engine up. You cannot boost on a budget. You really cannot. You can boost cheapish, you dont have to be buying some crazy big Garrett turbo with a custom mani etc, but please dont buy the crap you posted. Keep lurking, learning, and saving because it will be worth it in the end.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have read reviews about this company and people haven't had issues with the parts or install so I'm just curious why all the hate if know one has tried it how can they warranty the parts and screw people with it and get away with it. I mean I'm sure to a degree the parts are knock off cheap but doesn't always mean its gonna be crap
Old 11-08-2011, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your money, your car, and your problem when the shtf.

Sent from Somewhere using Something.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What their trying to save you from is tearing something up. Running stock injectors/factory ecu is risky imo. No matter what you run kit wise, running lean and detonating could turn your cheaper kit into a huge repair bill. The kit is what it is. You get what you pay for. But there are other things involved beyond the make/size of the turbo and your amount of boost.

Trying to do it on the cheap is gonna cost you big later if something fails.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2011, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hear ya own that I'm just wondering if you can bolt
Up and go with any kits other cars I've seen kits that are safe to do that with. I've never owned a boosted car but I have experience with N/A and tuning with that I know FI is different but I'm just trying to see if I could use that kit for alittle bit to start from and upgrade whatever as time goes by instead of trying to go big all at once
Old 11-08-2011, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't believe there are many na cars a turbo kit will "bolt" on to and "go." honestly take what we're saying or leave it, especially the real boost og's.

Sent from Somewhere using Something.

Quick Reply: Quick ??