Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

REV HARD CAST MANIFOLD FOR SCIONLIFE MEMBERS.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:19 PM

Default REV HARD CAST MANIFOLD FOR SCIONLIFE MEMBERS.

If any of the members in ScionLife currently has a turbocharged TC and you have a log-style manifold. Call me and I'll give you a killer deal on our new manifold. We want kit owners to see the difference with our manifolds. Some of our competitors actually bought our tubular manifolds and casted it themselves. We know because they forgot to put the O2 bungs on their cast manifolds. Just like we did not send our tubular ones with the O2 bungs.

IF YOU DON'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE DYNO BY SWITCHING TO OUR MANIFOLDS FROM A LOGSTYLE, THEN YOU CAN RETURN IT FOR A REFUND....

Call AL 818-723-7718 OR email me rev_hard@verizon.net for more info.

www.revhard.com
Old 06-23-2007, 06:29 PM

THERE IS ALSO ONE CATCH!
YOU HAVE TO POST HOW MUCH MORE POWER YOU MADE WITH REVHARD...
Old 06-23-2007, 09:33 PM
SL Member

Default Re: REV HARD CAST MANIFOLD FOR SCIONLIFE MEMBERS.

Originally Posted by REVHARD
If any of the members in ScionLife currently has a turbocharged TC and you have a log-style manifold. Call me and I'll give you a killer deal on our new manifold. We want kit owners to see the difference with our manifolds. Some of our competitors actually bought our tubular manifolds and casted it themselves. We know because they forgot to put the O2 bungs on their cast manifolds. Just like we did not send our tubular ones with the O2 bungs.

IF YOU DON'T SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE DYNO BY SWITCHING TO OUR MANIFOLDS FROM A LOGSTYLE, THEN YOU CAN RETURN IT FOR A REFUND....

Call AL 818-723-7718 OR email me rev_hard@verizon.net for more info.

www.revhard.com
why would you put an o2 sensor in the manifold???? that seems way to close to the head. also, i wouldnt want anything impeeding exaust flow before the turbine.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

An o2 in the exhaust manifold would be bad due to the fact that it will be at a different pressure then the atmosphere. This will make the o2 reading false. This is why all turbo kits have o2 bungs in the downpipes.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by OuterHeaven
An o2 in the exhaust manifold would be bad due to the fact that it will be at a different pressure then the atmosphere. This will make the o2 reading false. This is why all turbo kits have o2 bungs in the downpipes.
good info. i didnt know that.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: REV HARD CAST MANIFOLD FOR SCIONLIFE MEMBERS.

Originally Posted by REVHARD
So I take it your not expecting any HP gains over an equal length tubular manifold!?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:39 PM

"An o2 in the exhaust manifold would be bad due to the fact that it will be at a different pressure then the atmosphere. This will make the o2 reading false. This is why all turbo kits have o2 bungs in the downpipes."

Have you actually done testing on what back pressure difference is on the manifold and the downpipe?

When you mean atmospheric on the downpipe, does that mean it doesn't have pressure?

Q#2 "So I take it your not expecting any HP gains over an equal length tubular manifold!?"

From our experience the directional tubular makes 5-10% more than log. Equal length tubular is 10-20% more than log.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice. I feel special.
I'm assuming yours is directional tubular? What does that mean?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 AM

That means we spent more money on casting it right. Log manifold is just what it is. Picture a straight piece of tubing capped on both ends and put four holes for the engine exhaust and put another hole for the turbocharger. You have to pressurized the whole log for it to figure out that it can only go out to the turbo whole. While all this is happening, all the exhaust gases exiting are trying to go to the other cylinder exhaust ports. This can hurt performance. The directional tubular will at least lead the exhaust gases to the right port - the turbo port. In Equal length, you have the same amount of exhaust gases trying to exit which will then create a higher velocity of gases to run the turbocharger = less strain on backpressure to the motor = more power and torque. (This is the non scientific explanation.)

And for Mr.Outerheaven, we still want to know what the
exhaust pressure difference is on the downpipe compared to the manifold?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:31 AM

"why would you put an o2 sensor in the manifold???? that seems way to close to the head. also, i wouldnt want anything impeeding exaust flow before the turbine."

O2 sensor too close to the head is none factor. Impeding the exhaust flow, we did give this some thought. For the size of tip of the 02, it is very minimal. You can always use this port for an egt sensor, plug it and still put the O2 on the downpipe.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:36 AM
SL Member

every little bit helps. its a nice looking product. just not the route i would go. but if the price is right im sure it will sell like hotcakes.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i would put it on my car in a heart beat, but i dont have any dyno graphs yet for my log manifold, but i know its killing the power