Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Which setup to go with

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Default Which setup to go with

I want to know what you guys recomend. Im looking for a turbo setup for this years show season. I'd like to have something that looks great, wont blow my engine up driving to shows, and wont cost me more then say 6 grand. What do you guys suggest. I like the idea of ZPI's 0 stage (add intercooler) because of the cost and reliability, the turbonetics for their reputation and the great looking intercooler, and Greddy for the blingin intercooler and sick manifold.

Opinions and debate...

If anyone has a picture of the three said kits could you post pics. Alot of the pics Ive seen havent been specific, they'll post a ZPI kit but wont specify which kit it is or post a turbonetics setup with a ton of extras. If you have one of those kits, post it how you got it in the pics.

Id be looking for about 6-8 psi and could care less about the performance gains, the car isnt going to be raced around.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

If you want your kit to be different than anyone elses, then you kinda cancel out GReddy and Tnetics, as they all look the same. The other two kits, ZPI and Dezod, are somewhat more geared towards your own personal taste. I don't know about Dezod, but you can call up Kenny @ ZPI, tell him what color your looking for, and it shall be done. Take these too ZPI kits for example. One is our kit built by hand, and the second one is the production kit. Notice the piping is different for our kit, because I wanted the turbo to be clocked. The production kit however will have the second pics piping schematics, as it's easier to go from Stage 0 to a Stage 1. But also notice how much different the two ZPI kits are as far as color and presentation..

Old 01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I powdercoated my pipes and redid some stuff on my Greddy kit. It is different then anyone elses... :D
Old 01-05-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

i would go with ZPI
Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

For SHOW, turbonetics is hands down the nicest.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
For SHOW, turbonetics is hands down the nicest.
Not really. The manifold oxidation is super ugly when you open your hood. Ive seen many Turbonetics kits at shows, the rust makes you puke. That would need jet hot coated ASAP.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
I powdercoated my pipes and redid some stuff on my Greddy kit. It is different then anyone elses... :D

Did you change the wastegate too....

J/K...
Old 01-05-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

J/K...
External Gate coming off the turbing housing, so I dont mess up my beautiful manifold.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friends t-netics manifold isn't looking to good either. Depends what you want. If you want a nice loud BOV, don't go with Turbonetics. I guess you could always swap them. Dezod is running turbonetics turbos and can also hook up with a lot of different trims. The 16G out of ZPI I think will give you the fastest spool time. Greddy is the one kit I haven't seen run or have driven in person so I can't comment on it. The manifold look sweet though. If I do decide my self on actually going turbo this spring (thinking about building a house), I'm leaning towards Dezod for the fact they have the turbo I want with all the options I want. But that's just me and by no means am I putting down any of the others previously mentioned. Good luck with whatever you go with.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just bought that Odyssey Yay!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

J/K...
External Gate coming off the turbing housing, so I dont mess up my beautiful manifold.

I was just kiddin, but since you did anyway...lol....you got any pics of that posted anywhere. I would love to see the setup, as I don't recall ever seeing yours.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by soros151

I just bought that Odyssey Yay!

Good lightweight battery.....takes them a sec to get started during those really cold days though. I will add a grounding kit to see if that helps stabalize the voltage better. That and add some Nology spark plug wires.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thank God I don't have "cold" days here in PR. Also, I don't think those Nology Wires do squat, just add more wiring. IMO. :D
Old 01-06-2007, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

As Travis has mentioned before the ZPI kits are hard to beat they are reliable, easily customized and have produced some of the fastest tc's out there......hell just look at Travis' (rhythmnsmoke) he beats the $hit out of that thing daily, races almost every weekend and the only problem he has ever had was that he blew a clutch that wasnt capable of handling the power, and he is on a stock long block! Again this is just my opinion I do not have experience with any of the other kits. Good Luck Man!

Here are a few shots of mine....Its the ZPI Stage I kit for now with the 16G however I am running an entire stage 2 ZPI motor so we will be stepping my turbo up to probably a GT35R or one of the newer ones

Old 01-06-2007, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member

Go with GReddy kit and fabricate your own fuel return sistem ( as a fuel menagement)
Old 01-06-2007, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well if you are looking for a nice kit that has a good price tag on it and compares to the greddy and zpi kits, I would take into consideration the Treadstone kit as well. I personally own this kit, but it has yet to be installed (Installing it next month). This kit looks solid and from the two individuals that I have talked to that have installed it, they have told me that it performs well and both people are running this kit with no fuel management and so far no problems. I can't really say it is better than the zpi, dezod, or greddy because the Treadstone kit does not have the customer feedback and reviews like that of those kits that have been around for quite some time. I just though that I would bring it to your attention to possibly help spread a good name for the Treadstone kits. If you want to take the time to check out some pics of this turbo system installed on a tC check out the link provided below. It is a link to another thread on scionlife...ENJOY

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...8924&start=300
Old 01-06-2007, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

J/K...

I was just kiddin, but since you did anyway...lol....you got any pics of that posted anywhere. I would love to see the setup, as I don't recall ever seeing yours.
Need a Tax return check first.. then pictures.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

J/K...

To buy a camera...
Old 01-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Well we can offer an array of different turbo charger specs, colors on pipes, engine managements etc. Please feel free to email me about our Dezod Signature kit. This kit is awesome and allows tons of room for originality.

http://dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_signature.cfm
Old 01-06-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

J/K...

To buy a camera...
Yea a real camera.. SLR.. D50 maybe...

But back to the thread. Adam you can come check out mine, or we can meet up whenever. Im super busy with work, so weekends are the only time I am free.

Quick Reply: Which setup to go with