Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Sick of seeing "thinking bout buying" topics so i

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 AM
SL Member

Default Sick of seeing "thinking bout buying" topics so i

So often I see threads about people thinking of buying a turbo and which one should I get and what not, well considering I was once one of them untill two weeks ago! I ordered my turbo kit before I left on vacation (left on 23rd) and it arrived the next wed. Got back and could not wait to get to work ( my parents own a shop where i work so i had it sent there) today! Im installing it on thursday w/ help from my dad. Ill post pics but heres the setup I went with and everything under my hood....Treadstone turbo kit, Agency power crank pulley, samco coolant hoses, Hose Techniques dress up kit, Ingalls stiffy, CF valve cover, Weapon R billet tanks, Koyo Aluminum Radiator, DC Sports strut bar, AEM billet oil cap and battery tie down, Greddy radiator cap and air diffusion panel, Autometer gauges, custom gauge pod setup, TRD shortshifter. I have a few other things but not have to do with the engine and performance. Ill post pics on thursday morning.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty sweet, post up pics when done please
Old 07-03-2007, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like a butt load of money lol. Mods sound good though. Cant wait to see the pics.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

sounds like you got a good start on things. waiting for pics
Old 07-03-2007, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

beware of the scionlife curse....ooooooh!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sounds good except i would have opted for the poly Motor Mounts instead of the Ingalls damper.....just an idea that may help....good luck with the install!!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice set up Get some pics and vids when ur done!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds good. I went with the speed source mounts instead of the stiffy and love it.
I hope we actually hear back from you at the end of the week (damn that curse!)
Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 PM
SL Member

Im not by all means new to this, but then again we learn something new everyday. Out of curiousity could I still put new motor mounts in or would it be pointless? To my knowledge everything would help so please correct me if Im wrong. Also thank you for the feedback I have been on here a long time, but didnt join till recently, I appreciate the kindness even though Im a newer forum member. Look forward to tons of pics. Thanks again ~Blake
Old 07-03-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was debating between the 2, and asking alot of people, and found one guy that actually had the ingals, he said it was allright, then got the mounts, loved them, and then got rid of the ingalls because the mounts helped more.
Plus, some high power guys say the power they are putting down would snap the ingalls. I guess it squeeks or something to.
My friend is getting the ZPI engine limiter soon on his boosted tC, so we will be able to compare, but that thing kinda scares me. I think our engine should have SOME movement.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I was debating between the 2, and asking alot of people, and found one guy that actually had the ingals, he said it was allright, then got the mounts, loved them, and then got rid of the ingalls because the mounts helped more.
Plus, some high power guys say the power they are putting down would snap the ingalls. I guess it squeeks or something to.
My friend is getting the ZPI engine limiter soon on his boosted tC, so we will be able to compare, but that thing kinda scares me. I think our engine should have SOME movement.
Ditto on the engine limiter....that thing is crazy looking and probably will add way more vibration than wanted.....

Slvr06tC - If you still have a chance to get in there and put the motor mounts in i would highly suggest it and then there is no need for the ingalls.....like mr meaty said high whp guys will tell you that there are better benefits from having those over the ingalls which can bend or snap......If you have access to a lift.....then go for it but be advised the rear mount is a PITA.....hope that helps
Old 07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I only have the front in now and it makes a world of difference. Hopefully doing the rear this weekend...in my garage...on jackstands!!!

but yeah, if yoru only planning on 250tq or so, the ingalls is better then nothing, I guess. But motor mounts is the RIGHT way to do it.

I must say, I am very impressed at how quickly you recieved your kit. I'm still waiting (over a month now) for the final pices of mine, but the hold up was mostly due to coating and the hand welded manifold. gotta love how quickly they can crank out cast manis eh?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:50 PM
SL Member

Yea I was very impressed to, seeing as how when I ordered Jason told me that the turbo was on national backorder "but theirs will be in days after my order" which I work for a shop, we sell performance parts, I know what that means lol but sure enough two days later got the e-mail saying it was shipped. So I owe a thanks to Treadstone! Well today is the day, my dad should be back shortly from some runnig around he had to do and so begins the install.........
Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

good luck with the kit and the install, i have the treadstone kit as well. great kit just it doesnt run as well as they said it would at WOT with out management so now m having my emanage installed any day now. keep us updated and post pics when u get them.