Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Some supercharger questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Some supercharger questions

This is my first post here so be easy on me guys... I've been reading over the threads for the past couple of days and I'm trying to soak up as much as possible, but I do have a few questions... (I have googled and searched this thread, slap me if i missed something)

1) Is there a published/electronic version of the install manual (if there is such a thing) for the supercharger? I am wondering if it is something that maybe I could tackle, but I want to look over the manual to see if its greek or not. I've changed an alternator and a starter on my current car (98 honda accord) as well as some brakework and the normal oil and such, and I want to see if this would be totally beyond me or not...

2) With the pulleys that ZPI is releasing, what kind of engine management would be needed to adjust the Air:Fuel ratio in the engine? would there need to be new injectors with that much more boost? I think their website says that they produce something like 1-2psi more than the stock blower, which would bring it up to a max of 9psi IIRC

I havent bought my tC yet, but I am dead set on one and I am already trying to figure my way through adding onto it... Thanks for the info in advance!
Old 11-26-2005, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well john i think the reflash that comes with the sc is good enough to run a smaller pulley from zpi, its only ~2psi and the injectors and ecu can probably handle it. Do some searching in this thread (ph) in the supercharging topics, especially the zpi pulley one. im sure youll find your answers.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Banned
SL Member

you can find the install manual at www.trdsparks.com
Old 11-26-2005, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

zpi has come out and said that their pulley is safe with the SC reflash.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey John, welcome to the boards! I am a newbie here too but I have already learned some good stuff from reading around on these boards.

Here is a direct link to the file with the installation instructions
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...3&parts_id=634

And for your boost question, you should be ok with the stock set up as long as you keep boost within 3 to 4 psi of the stock range. NST and ZPI are both doing some reseach and should have stuff available very soon for our cars. If I were you I would wait until both companies have stuff out before rushing into buying one, but thats just me.

Here is another good link for you
www.NonStopTuning.com

Good luck with your tC bro
Old 11-26-2005, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the answers guys, it would figure that about 10 minutes after I posted, I found the manual at trdsparks.com... thats the way it goes I guess. But I looked over that manual a little last night and I think it is bordering on too much for me. I think if maybe I could get a long day in (start at 7:30 or 8am) that maybe I could pull it off, but I think I would need to invest in some equipment. Has anyone here done the install themselves? and if you do it yourself, does it bring your warranty down to 12mo/12K miles on the whole car (since thats all you get without a dealer install...)

Thanks
JohnL