Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Started our DIY Turbo preps today, finally, alot going on!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Started our DIY Turbo preps today, finally, alot going on!

We have gathered up most all the parts we need to fabricate our own turbo system and while waiting for a few more parts to arrive we are spending the time getting other important things ready for it

Today we clocked the EVO III GT so we can have the compressor output fire down instead of up, have to take it apart and make a notch, getting that big snap ring back in was fun, lol! We had to modifed the front motor mount to do it, a bit of trimming is all, not to bad.

Once we had that figured out we pulled the tranny so we can install the Phantom Grip LSD, UR flywheel, Clutch Spectialists 6 puc sprung clutch and pressure plate. Plus installing the Hotchkis FSB and still tonight have to pour some two part eurathane motor mounts. Since they take along time to cure, overnight at room temp then 24 hours at 150 degrees, we will do some other work while waiting on them.

Once that is done, back to the turbo install, we are building a stainless steel weld el manifold and are having one heck of a time coming up with a design with equal length runners and firing order clocked(a bit over the top there;) as our goal. Not sure we can make that work or not yet. We had one layout that would except the exhaust runners would hit the upper radiator hose. We have a new plan but will have to cut and tac weld a few parts to see if it will clear everything.

We are going with an internal wastegate for better long term reliability (track days can be hell on a turbo system) and to save a bit of weight. We are not trying to build some dyno queen big power deal here, we want real world usable power, 300WHP should be more than enough and in fact will have to turn it down for autocrosses so we just do not have wheel spin all the time, even with LSD and race tires.

With the battery in the back now, floor cut out, it sits over the rear axle on the passenger side now, we will have a very clean underhood appearance. Our theme will be black and polished aluminum and some SS as well, with black braided nylon wire loom. I am not really looking forward to the loom install, several days of taking connectors apart and working the wires through the loom is a great way to get a massive back ache but it looks great!

Anyway, I am dead tired, dirty, have work to do, have a great rest of the weekend!

Rick
Old 02-05-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from what i've read so far, sounds great. good luck w/ the install!
i can't wait till i get mine started.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah man thats a lot going on. good luck and i hope it turns out sweet
Old 02-05-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

cant wait to see the results!!
Old 02-05-2006, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics of the carnage ?
Old 02-05-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We do not post many pics, barely have time for fun on the computer as it is since a huge part of my day, usually 7 days a week are spent on it for business, then we have to work on the projects, etc, just not much time left and no energy or enthusiasm remaining at the end of each day. I have my office in my bedroom just for that reason as I have to drag my butt off to bed and do not want to crawl to far, lol!

We are in a pretty big house and only use about 1/2 of it, rather be in the shop!!! So, we are planning a move this summer to a much smaller house with a much larger shop, 24x36 is not enough space for playing with our toys and running our business out of. I think I am going to setup the office in the shop as well and maybe a bunk room, a kegorator and a microwave, then I will be in heaven

Rick
Old 02-05-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So basically, you're going to have a garage with a house attachment? Awesome.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is all I really want, with a lift of course

Rick
Old 02-06-2006, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep us updated.. n whenever u have time pics would be nice!