Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Street Stealth Concepts, Inc *Scion tC Intake Manifold*

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member

Default Street Stealth Concepts, Inc *Scion tC Intake Manifold*

Attention tC Owners,

Street Stealth Concepts, Inc. is proud to present it's exclusive tuned aluminum intake manifold for the Scion tC.
This is the first intake manifold of it's kind to hit the market, NO OTHER COMPANY HAS THESE!!!!

These manifolds are constructed of highly durable lightweight aluminum, which makes these units
significantely stronger & lighter than the OEM plastic unit. These 2 factors are integral in high horsepower
applications. Not only are these manifolds stronger & lighter, but they are tuned using velocity stacked runners
& an active rear plate. What this does is dramatically reduce turbulance within the manifold which in return increases
air flow velocity over the OEM unit. All flanges on our unit have been machined to reuse the OEM gaskets.

Our R&D (Research & Development) was done in conjunction with VRP, Inc. who have
fabricated manifolds for racing teams such as Team Turbo Trix 9 Second Evo.

We are looking to offer these initially as a group buy with a minimum of 10 units. Price per unit will be $850.00 shipped plus
an optional insurance fee of $10.00 ( Highly Recommended! ). Being that these units are totally custom and built to order we will
require payment in full to process the order. Upon the 10th order production of these units will start and will be shipped in order
as the units are completed. At this point all orders will become non refundable. All tracking numbers will be supplied upon shipment.
For any questions, comment , concerns feel free to contact us at

Note: Dyno results of the OEM intake
manifold vs. Our manifold on one of our tC's
coming very soon. Only mods on this tC are a
Draxas Cat Back and a Short ram Intake.

Street Stealth Concepts, Inc.
Phone : 718-874-8536
Fax: 718-874-8554
Email : csdept@street-stealth.com
AIM : streetstealth

Please feel free to visit us at www.street-stealth.com to see who we are. Please note that our full ecommerce website is
currently under construction. A link is provided for you to visit our MySpace and our Ebay page.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Here comes my stupid question: why is there a grate over 1/2 of the intake?
Old 12-02-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's to catch the parts from the supercharger as it falls appart into the intake ;)
Old 12-02-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

watching!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by ERIC-TC
That's to catch the parts from the supercharger as it falls appart into the intake ;)
Hahahahaha
Old 12-02-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread delivers (picture wise) have any flow tests done?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member

dont get me wrong here but 850 seems like alot ... i know there is alot of R&D involved but there is no way i am going to pay 850 for a intake manifold i am sure it is a great product but when i see skunk 2 selling intake manifolds for hondas for 250-300 and these cost 250% more makes me rethink about modding my tc i am in no way trying to flame you or your product but i am just thinking about the economics of modding a tc over modding a honda and to me it doesent make sense i like both brands and both have its good and bad points but when i spend 5K for a turbo kit and 850 for a intake manifold and will still have only 350 hp or less it makes me think about how i spent my money and is it worth it anyone else ever think about it this way ?????
Old 12-02-2006, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member

(Here comes my stupid question: why is there a grate over 1/2 of the intake?)

To answer this question which isn't a stupid one. This is part of your stock throttle body gasket. Also we are currently working on getting dyno results. Our shop tC is a fully built turbo tC and would not give you guys accurate results. We do have a stock tC that we will be putting this intake manifold on and sending to dyno within the next week. Full dyno results of before install and after install will be posted as soon as they become available.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Looks good now the price isn't to bad since you are the first. After all i just paid over a grand for my custom manifold. Now do I sense a custom throttle body as well???
Old 12-02-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anybody know if this will work on an 07 by chance?

looks awesome
Old 12-02-2006, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member

dont get me wrong here but 850 seems like alot ... i know there is alot of R&D involved but there is no way i am going to pay 850 for a intake manifold i am sure it is a great product but when i see skunk 2 selling intake manifolds for hondas for 250-300 and these cost 250% more makes me rethink about modding my tc i am in no way trying to flame you or your product but i am just thinking about the economics of modding a tc over modding a honda and to me it doesent make sense i like both brands and both have its good and bad points but when i spend 5K for a turbo kit and 850 for a intake manifold and will still have only 350 hp or less it makes me think about how i spent my money and is it worth it anyone else ever think about it this way ?????

Hi,

This is Jason & Elliot. Elliot is 33 years old and I Jason am 30 and have been in import tuning for a long time. What you have to remember is that the Honda Civic platform has been around for a long time. Many companies have built their business around this platform. Early on in Honda modifying parts were very expensive, but after years of these companies stepping up to create new products it has allowed the pricing structure on these products to drop dramatically. If it weren't for people willing to pay the high prices then and in this case now of being first with a new to market item ,then 10 years down the road people wouldn't be able to buy $250.00 Honda Manifolds, and other items which can now be purchased for reasonable prices.
Alot of time, trial and error to correct and perfect a new item like this has to be factored into pricing. 10 + Years down the road a product like this can be stamped out on an assembly line in China and a billion other companies out there will be doing the same. You guys can consider yourselves pioneers in the modification of the Scion platform, much like what the Honda owners of the past can say to the new generation of Honda owners now.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think i'll still wait for a new version or a lower price. until then, stock mani I stay.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would love to stick one in here. Being that the tC just came off the dyno a few weeks ago I wonder how much it would make a difference with a straight out swap. As soon as the CC Clutch and the TRD LSD goes in, the tC goes back to the dyno shop to be retuned for 12 lbs.

Great job guys, my hats off to you for forging forward in the tC market. A little rich for even my blood, I will wait and see some of the testing results.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also would like to know if this will fit an 07, hadn't really thought about it at first but I know there were a few changes, just not sure if the mani or TB was one of them,
definately interested in the gains on a turbo setup, since I already got the turbo in.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice piece.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

any updates? i am looking for one of these..
Old 12-08-2006, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member

We took the car for a base dyno run . We are hoping to get the intake in this weekend so we can goback to the dyno on Monday. time has been an issue though . we will keep everybody updated .
Old 12-09-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

watching
Old 12-09-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watch diggity atching

Quick Reply: Street Stealth Concepts, Inc *Scion tC Intake Manifold*