Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharger Install Price

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think TRD is doin that though... think about this... all their products must honor and be maintained by the cars existing warranty... we're not talking about a bulletproof B16 here or a 1st gen eclipse engine... Were talking about a damn camry motor... this motor was NOT designed for boost and TRD won't push it any farther than 7p.s.i. Otherwise this motor could easily blow especially if someone spins em too much and shoots a valve shim and this could quite easily happen because bone stock these things stick like a 1000hp supra on doughnuts... I'll bet my life that TRD doesn't release any pulley... might do an intercooler but you won't get a whole lot out of a intercooler because this isn't even a high compression motor... Sorry fellas I just don't think that Toyota wants to push their luck with a bunch of Tuners just itchin to beat the ____ out of their car...
Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll be my life that TRD doesn't release any pulley...
Unfortunately he is correct on this one. The SC will be the last real power upgrade for the tC. I wouldn't expect much more for the tC as far as mods go. They will be working on the replacement for the tC now.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Please get your facts straight. If you install the sc yourself your cars powertrane warranty REMAINS 5yr 60K miles. ALL YOU GET FROM HAVING THE DEALER INSTALL IT IS A LONGER WARRANTY ON THE SUPERCHARGER!!!

DIY = 1YR 12k MILE WARRANTY ON THE SC

DEALER INSTALL = REMAINDER OF YOUR POWERTRANE WARRANTY. EXAMPLE, IF YOU HAVE 4 YEARS AND 40k MILES LEFT ON YOUR WARRANTY THEN THAT WILL BE THE SC WARRANTY.

Unless your a tard and install the sc wrong and they can prove that then it DOES NOT EFFECT YOUR CARS WARRANTY AT ALL. This info comr straight from toyotas western regional parts rep.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member

I stopped in to get my spoiler put on on Saturday and I asked how much it would be to install the SC and they said $240. I don't know if believe it, but damn that'd be tight.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by o0Loiter0o
I stopped in to get my spoiler put on on Saturday and I asked how much it would be to install the SC and they said $240. I don't know if believe it, but damn that'd be tight.
where did ya go...Sparks??
Old 11-22-2005, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
I don't think TRD is doin that though... think about this... all their products must honor and be maintained by the cars existing warranty... we're not talking about a bulletproof B16 here or a 1st gen eclipse engine... Were talking about a damn camry motor... this motor was NOT designed for boost and TRD won't push it any farther than 7p.s.i. Otherwise this motor could easily blow especially if someone spins em too much and shoots a valve shim and this could quite easily happen because bone stock these things stick like a 1000hp supra on doughnuts... I'll bet my life that TRD doesn't release any pulley... might do an intercooler but you won't get a whole lot out of a intercooler because this isn't even a high compression motor... Sorry fellas I just don't think that Toyota wants to push their luck with a bunch of Tuners just itchin to beat the ____ out of their car...
Compression has nothing to do with the effects of an intercooler. Also our motors cannot throw a shim for the last time I saw a valve cover poped it was an underbucket design.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well we all knew that... but those of us who are lazy would rather pay someone to do it Also to get it installed professionally and keep your warranty its much smarter to keep the warranty especially you desertheat since you're doing the pulley testing you chould take whatever warranty you can get... then again its a vortech system and they run 13psi all the time...
Old 11-22-2005, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
well we all knew that... but those of us who are lazy would rather pay someone to do it Also to get it installed professionally and keep your warranty its much smarter to keep the warranty especially you desertheat since you're doing the pulley testing you chould take whatever warranty you can get... then again its a vortech system and they run 13psi all the time...
This ftrim is good to 18 psi on a regular basis, 20 psi peak. It is the darn eatons that go friggin nutso at about 13-15 psi. They make a wonderfull aluminum shreader / blender after about 30K miles of running the crap out of them
Old 11-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Banned
SL Member

My dealership quoted me at $4600 for the supercharger, including install. He hung up after a few seconds of hysterical laughter on my part.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on my dealer's website, it's listed as 3900 w/install
Old 11-22-2005, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah, here in Milwaukee all I've heard so far is over $4K w/o tax! ...hmmm so if I can get it from TRDsparks.com for $3K then I'm paying over one thousand dollars for a better warranty?!?! OK, so do it yourself then right?...but what about the ECU Flash?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Yeah I didnt think it should take more than 6 hours and they would have to charge 100 an hour to get the quote they gave me. Only problem is i just saw the one from trdsparks and I dropped the money on the one from scion about and hour ago.

If its all the same I might ask for my money back.
It's the same unitas the one the dealer carries. I also did my install myself with my friend steve. It's easy as hell to do. If they need 2 days to do that, then they shouldn't be working on cars period.
dam skippy
Old 11-22-2005, 11:12 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well I didnt have time to stop in at Scion today and the unit was scheduled to arrive tomorrow. So I imagine its to late to ask for my money back. So I guess I am just out the 300. I could have used that 3 for my 3 gauge pod and gauges.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dealership I went to charged me just under $4k total (taxes and everything) for the supercharger and install. I don't think it's too bad. Then again, I'm not a penny-pincher looking to get everything at the cheapest price. I found that cheaper isn't always better.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when its the same product....cheaper is usually better
Old 11-23-2005, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Paying less for a product is better, but paying less for labor isn't always the best. There's a reason I went to a different dealership than the one I bought my car from.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by o0Loiter0o
where did ya go...Sparks??
My dealership. I'm wondering what they'll say when I actually buy it.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

so buying the s/c online wont void the warranty when the dealer installs it? (cheaper is better when its the same product and u are getting it from people that arent trying to rip you off with full msrp prices)
Old 11-24-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sounds good
Old 11-26-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i understand that the supercharger is good for 18psi which is why i said that they run at 13psi all day long... but our motor isn't... not unless you switch up some pistons and maybe even some studs.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Install Price