Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   Supercharger Install Price (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/supercharger-install-price-40020/)

Nick06tC 11-28-2005 02:17 PM

Well the reflash kit shoudl be here today so I should be able to have it installed. I told the TRD guys at toyota about trdsparks.com and they have no idea how they sell it for that cheap. They said if I hadnt of prepaid for my s/c last week that they wouldnt mind me getting it from sparks. But since i paid for it. They ordered it so now its mine.

He also said since its from a toyota place that its the exact same thing as buying it from them so they will install it as if it was delivered to them.

So cheaper would be better for anyone looking to get the s/c.
Trdsparks is deffinetly the way to go.

But how is it that much cheaper???

ScionofKirkland 11-28-2005 02:39 PM

As of right now my install price is still $120

That can change, since I think my DM doesnt like that idea. My dealer charges 15 a hour on ALL Scion parts.

Damn that means I need just under 3K to get this thing on my car!! I have some saving to do. (I work at Toyota)

jwaggz82 11-28-2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by ScionofKirkland
As of right now my install price is still $120

That can change, since I think my DM doesnt like that idea. My dealer charges 15 a hour on ALL Scion parts.

Damn that means I need just under 3K to get this thing on my car!! I have some saving to do. (I work at Toyota)

that is insane --- I think my dealer is $50-60/hour --- $15/hour is the cost 20years ago.

Nick06tC 11-28-2005 10:17 PM

yeah I dont want to rain on your parade but its atleast a two man install plus the place has to make some money. That means that each person is making like 5 dollars an hour.

They quoted me for 2 days to install and $624. I am hoping that they will realize its a one day install and not be jackasses and keep the car two days and still charge 624.

The reflash tool didnt come in I have to wait another day :((

Simplyscion 11-28-2005 10:48 PM

just have them do the install and get the reflash done another day. Thats what Im doing. My car is in the shop right now, and they dont have the reflash. The supercharger is going in tommorow, and I will just get the reflash done whenever it comes in. The good thing about me is I am a Scion salesman so I can just leave my car and have everything done while Im working :lalala:

Nick06tC 11-29-2005 02:42 AM

I thought about it. But i dont want it running without it. I dont know the results of not having the reflash. I know according to ZPI it gives more power. But I am sure its at a cost. The more I am reading on here. It sound like our engine really cant handlt the crazy power that zpi is putting to it. Unless you do internals. So for now I am happy with the properly installed s/c.

Your a scion salesman?? How much do they charge for the install there, and how long does it take?
My scion dealer told me 2 days and 624 dollars. Is this correct?

Simplyscion 11-29-2005 03:16 AM

I dont know about the 2 days part, I will tell you tommorow after I get mine done. The price you got quoted all depends on what they charge hourly at your dealership. We charge $85/hour for toyota/scion.

Nick06tC 11-29-2005 01:02 PM

thanks for the info simplyscion. Enjoy the s/c

Sauron 11-29-2005 09:49 PM

I printed out a parts list and installation instructions for the shop next to my apartment. They charge $65/hr and are going to let me know if they can do it and how many hours it should take. He also knows a toyota dealer that can probably do the reflash for a nominal fee.

garyc_01 12-01-2005 01:49 AM

i gotta say sumthing lols i will pay nothing 2 get my install and still have full warranty

Nick06tC 12-01-2005 02:45 AM

^Congratulations. But not all of us have the time and the ability. I am sure I could do it but I would rather not take the chance of having a 16,750 paperweight sitting in my driveway.

Well the install is tomorrow. I asked about the price again. And he said it will take one day and its $78 an hour for their install but he said since i have given them alot of business and bought the car their, I wont be paying full price. So i am interested in how much it will cost.

mr_lore 12-01-2005 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by jrzimm612
Yeah, here in Milwaukee all I've heard so far is over $4K w/o tax! :eyebrow: ...hmmm so if I can get it from TRDsparks.com for $3K then I'm paying over one thousand dollars for a better warranty?!?! :rofl: OK, so do it yourself then right?...but what about the ECU Flash? :tap:

According to the service manager at don jacobs on 24th st (ask for dennis) he can do the flash for $50, dont know if thats pricing for our dealer sponsored car club tho. Cant be that bad either way.

Nick06tC 12-01-2005 01:19 PM

Just dropped it off. They kinda said something i dont like. They said that they talked about it last night and they dont know the install price. Said they will call and let me know. As long as it isnt more than i was originally quoted i will let them go. But hopefully its alot less.

Dropped it off with an aftermarket CAI hope they dont need any parts off the original air box...

06tCguy 12-01-2005 03:21 PM

was the quote in writing? aren't verbal contracts binding? though you'd have to show some proof.

Nick06tC 12-01-2005 06:51 PM

I got a call and the verbal quote is 624. Thats 8 hours. Anything more than 8 hours will still only cost 624. Anything less will be charged for the hours at 78 an hour. With as much as I spent whats some extra money....tell that to my wife lol

Nick06tC 12-01-2005 07:42 PM

Well just got another call from scion. They said they need to keep the car another day. Said they way underquoted me on the price but I still wont pay more than $624.

I thought this only took 6 hours?

Somnambulated 12-01-2005 07:50 PM

I was told by my dealership, Power Toyota of Irvine, that for all TRD parts, the price sold at the dealer includes installation.

I don't know if that's specific to my dealership, but it doesn't look like they're charging much more than any of the other dealers in the area...

You guys might want to look into that.

Somnambulated 12-01-2005 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by imsono___un
Paying less for a product is better, but paying less for labor isn't always the best. There's a reason I went to a different dealership than the one I bought my car from.

True that.

Somnambulated 12-01-2005 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Well just got another call from scion. They said they need to keep the car another day. Said they way underquoted me on the price but I still wont pay more than $624.

I thought this only took 6 hours?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Didn't you already signed an invoice that stated a price for the install? It's a contract, isn't it? I just wonder if you ought to call Scion and ask why your dealership suddenly raised the installation price.

Nick06tC 12-01-2005 08:08 PM

I didnt sign anything. But I am not to worried about the price. I mean I will pay it with out hassle because I am not to worried. But should it take this long? Makes me question there competence?