Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Supercharger Install Price

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:06 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Supercharger Install Price

Well i searched and cant find it,

How much has everyone payed for their tC Supercharger install at scion?

I was quoted $3250 plus tax for the unit ($3360 with tax)

And $624 for the install (two days with my car)

Is this a good deal or should I tell them it should be cheaper?

Thanks all
Old 11-21-2005, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get the s/c from trdsparks.com
Old 11-21-2005, 09:13 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just saw it on there for 2950 plus shipping
Old 11-21-2005, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

<< did the install myself in one day, actually 6 hours 50 minutes and everything was done 100% by the book. If it takes a toyota tech longer than this then the dealer / tech is not worth a crap or very slow. If I was to do it again I could probably cut an hour or so off the time. So if the dealer / tech has done and install he should be able to do it in 6 hours flat. This whole crap of dealers trying to charge for 12 hours / 2 days or more is total BS
Old 11-21-2005, 09:15 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Is the one from trdsparks.com the exact same unit from the dealer with same warranty and all?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:17 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah I didnt think it should take more than 6 hours and they would have to charge 100 an hour to get the quote they gave me. Only problem is i just saw the one from trdsparks and I dropped the money on the one from scion about and hour ago.

If its all the same I might ask for my money back.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Get your cash back, mine came from TRD sparks as well.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I got mine from McGeorge parts for that same price sparks is selling it for...one or the other is good, they both have the best prices around. I bought it from them and I even sell Scions and it was still cheaper than my dealer cost plus tax. If I were you, I would call all the local dealers and see who gives you the best price for the install. Then ask for your money back once you get those numbers, cause I doubt the dealership is gonna hook you up on the install especially if you bought it from them, then cancelled, then came back with the supercharger from somewhere else trying to get a sick deal on the install...they will probly look at you like you have 10 heads.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Yeah I didnt think it should take more than 6 hours and they would have to charge 100 an hour to get the quote they gave me. Only problem is i just saw the one from trdsparks and I dropped the money on the one from scion about and hour ago.

If its all the same I might ask for my money back.
It's the same unitas the one the dealer carries. I also did my install myself with my friend steve. It's easy as hell to do. If they need 2 days to do that, then they shouldn't be working on cars period.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:27 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I will stop in after work tomorrow and explain and get my money back. The guys that sell the parts the TRD parts there are cool. They said i should go with a turbo. They are all about seeing a nice car and getting what I want. They even told me that 624 was to much but its the only way to get the full warranty. I am sure they will give my money back. I will see.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
Get your cash back, mine came from TRD sparks as well.
I was talking about TRD Sparks with my DM and she was talking about how that might void the warranty I have left a MSG for her and I am waiting for a call back. It has to do with the dealer giving a discount as its not really the way scion works.

I WILL POST ALL THE INFO AS SOON AS SHE CALLS ME BACK THIS IS NOT TRUE AS OF YET
Old 11-21-2005, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If you are talking about them discounting prices for the parts then they arent doing anything wrong. Its 100% pure priced. You can charge whatever you want for the part. Hell, if they wanted to sell them for $500 they can do it as long as its on the website, or posted somewhere in the dealership offering the price to everyone. Now as far as the install pricing, thats a different story. Everyone is gonna have different prices due to different labor rates, as well as different alloted times. Mechanics get paid per job by how much time is involved in doing the install. If they are alloted 8 hours to do a install and they finish it in 5 hours, they still get paid and will charge the 8 hours.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well here's the deal... I got my supercharged installed by the dealership because when you do so Scion does something with their dealers that its half price labor... My install came out to $424 with labor. That $600 is way too high... plus if you do it yourself you don't get the advantage of it being covered under your powertrain warranty... Which is the only point of buying the TRD Supercharger because it certainly doesn't give you a whole ____ ton of power for $3200, you could have went and bout a scionspeed kit for the same price for double the power so i trust you care about the warranty aspect and if you don't you must throwing money away... So just my advice have the dealership do it...
Old 11-21-2005, 10:23 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah I really do not want a supercharger. I want a turbo, but its all about warranty. I will deffinetly have it done at the dealership that was never a question.

Its amazing how a warranty is such an important thing when it comes to FI. I dont want any problems. I wouldnt mind voiding my warranty is it was for a few horsepower that wont hurt the engine. But when its alot more power like a turbo, a warranty is important.

But as soon as I know that ZPI has reliability with turning up the supercharger, I am all on it.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Installed by dealer warranty = 5 years 60,000 miles

DIY install warranty = 1 year

That's your difference. Scion literature tells us that install time is 6-8 hours.

-Alex
Old 11-21-2005, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you could have went and bout a scionspeed kit for the same price for double the power
sure you could buy it but i doubt you will ever get it!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by nfiniti9
you could have went and bout a scionspeed kit for the same price for double the power
sure you could buy it but i doubt you will ever get it!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha this is true... but hey maybe if you order it from tctunerz you'll get it next year with their preorder discount
Old 11-22-2005, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

nah dude... the waranty is cool and all... but will you really not get that upgraded pulley
The best thing you can hope for is that TRD will make a pulley and an intercooler that will give another 50 or so whp. Thats what i think we are all still waiting for.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I will go with a pulley but not immediately. I know ZPI and all has reliable turbo kits. But buying something over the internet and having some local shop install it is so much rickier than going to a dealer and paying them to install a factory option.

So what I will do is trust ZPI with improving a factory option. Hopefully the pulley and intercooler will have good reliable gains.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Install Price