Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   tc bulid list (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/tc-bulid-list-156796/)

kradstct 02-20-2009 05:21 AM

i had a machine shop near philly do the motor work like blueprinting and removing the the balance shafts and installing new valve guides and the valves but i put the motor together myself and everything else to the car i do my self and the machine shop had the motor for a month and it took me 2 week to put it together and time it and put it in the car and i only worked on it before i went to work in the moring for a couple hours a day and with the balance shafts out the motor has about 5 to 10 pound less it has to spin and it lets it rev up quicker ill try to post a video of the car on the street na tomorrow to show how it rev and runs cuz i just got down breaking in the motor

kradstct 02-20-2009 05:22 AM

and boring out the motor

ippskidder 02-20-2009 02:37 PM

pic of the build ^^ !!!

kradstct 03-10-2009 02:19 AM

any one have a greddy ultimate for sale with or wit out a pnp harness

scikotictc232 03-10-2009 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by kradstct
i had a machine shop near philly do the motor work like blueprinting and removing the the balance shafts and installing new valve guides and the valves but i put the motor together myself and everything else to the car i do my self and the machine shop had the motor for a month and it took me 2 week to put it together and time it and put it in the car and i only worked on it before i went to work in the moring for a couple hours a day and with the balance shafts out the motor has about 5 to 10 pound less it has to spin and it lets it rev up quicker ill try to post a video of the car on the street na tomorrow to show how it rev and runs cuz i just got down breaking in the motor

please do im planning on building my motor myself too at my school, since we have a machining class next door. (plus all my tools are their) anyways how was it putting it back together ? did you have a guide you went off of ? or just know how and experience ? do you by any chance know what the cc's of our combustion chambers are stock ? need to figure it out to see what flow numbers our motors put out so i can match that with a good turbo. can you film that video from the inside of the car facing the tach as i have not found a video that shows the tc revving out past stock. highly appreciated.

kradstct 03-10-2009 05:38 AM

it wasnt to bad putting it back together the only problem i had was getting the timing right with the bc cams and i got a service manual on a cd of ebay that has step by step with every single spec you can think of on it which help a lot and right now untuned i only take the car to 6500-7000 at most and if you have any other ? feel free to ask.

scikotictc232 03-10-2009 05:46 AM

what cd is that you got any more pics ? ?

kradstct 03-10-2009 06:52 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zGWnnrkIv0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqnYOgo07UM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0Ii47_sZo
here are some videos i just made going from a dead stop to thrid

kradstct 03-12-2009 04:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIDLa9kb3Mo
here is another video

scikotictc232 03-12-2009 04:26 AM

is your car an automatic ?

kradstct 03-12-2009 05:47 AM

yes

BlackKnight 03-12-2009 12:13 PM

why would you bore .50 over? that is way too much also why not just sleeve?

kradstct 03-12-2009 04:15 PM

cuz when i turboed it and the piston blew apart they scratched the cylinder wall and thats how much i had to bore it out to get the scratch out and there is still plenty of cylinder wall left

SoFloTC 03-12-2009 04:31 PM

wait timeout ur building the motor on an auto?

BlackKnight 03-12-2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by kradstct
cuz when i turboed it and the piston blew apart they scratched the cylinder wall and thats how much i had to bore it out to get the scratch out and there is still plenty of cylinder wall left

They may look thick enough but I'm sorry 50 over is a freakin lot and leave little room for error once it wears again and I would not go boost with it being .50 over unless its very low boost (less than 6psi). Why didn't you sleeve it?

kradstct 03-14-2009 03:32 AM

ultimate emanage is on its way i will have dyno videos and pics in a couple of week posted hoping for at least 170 at the wheels

scikotictc232 03-14-2009 03:58 AM

ya why not just get it sleeved. going that big is just gonna up your chance to blow it again. that ____ is going to get hott. those cylinders will start to ovalize faster.

kradstct 03-24-2010 07:19 AM

new parts are here
57 trim turbo
rc 650 injectors
golden eagle fuel rail
apr fel pressure reg.
tail 38 mm wastegate
biltz bov
3 inch custom exhaust
raceland coilover
s.s blue brake lines
cross drilled and sloted rotors
abs delete
gutted interior
all glass replaced with lexan
13.5 lb racing seat
5 point harness
15 x 10 inch wheels
275/35/15 hoosier r6 slicks
ac and heat delete
greddy emange ultimate

95gtzspec2 04-03-2010 07:48 AM

ok maybe im wrong maybe not but arent the cylinders in a 2aj coated and terefor u cant bore them u have to sleeve them
because premature failure will ocure imediately and .50 over bore ummmm dude i agree u should of sleeved.

and not to sound like more of a dick but when u changed the cam's and didnt tune the ems u changed the caracteristics of the engine ur letting in more air without added fuel nor proper ignition and ur a/f ratios are gonna be lean and to lean of a mixture can build carbon on the top of the piston thus raising comp ratio and eventually building it up enough to smash into your head

my sugestion would be to take off the head and check your pistons
and resleave your block
and not sure if u said it or not but did u get your crank checked over when u blew out the first pistons
and how often were u hitting 7k after the rebuild because ur bearings are probly burnt or spun from not being able to seat properly
everytime i rebuild i never go over 3k 2.5kmax for the first 2000 miles changeing oil after the first 1000

95gtzspec2 04-03-2010 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by scikotictc232 (Post 3004591)
please do im planning on building my motor myself too at my school, since we have a machining class next door. (plus all my tools are their) anyways how was it putting it back together ? did you have a guide you went off of ? or just know how and experience ? do you by any chance know what the cc's of our combustion chambers are stock ? need to figure it out to see what flow numbers our motors put out so i can match that with a good turbo. can you film that video from the inside of the car facing the tach as i have not found a video that shows the tc revving out past stock. highly appreciated.

answer to your question
displacement - 2362cc combustion chanber all depends on deck height,gasket thickness,piston comp r, & type of valves but rough guess around 40cc
bore & stroke - 88.5 x 96
comp ratio - 9.6:1 05-06 - 9.8:1 07-10

trans gears
1 - 3.538:1
2 - 2.045:1
3 - 1.333:1
4 - 0.0972:1
5 - 0.0775:1
final - 4.235:1