Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD Supercharger??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD Supercharger??

Hey guys I don't know much about the TRD Superchargers. I'm going to get a used one and was just woundering if Toyota would rebuilt it if I needed. Or is there any good rebuilt kits for it.
Just in case. And I seen some ppl Having BOV what kind of BOV is good with the supercharger. Of course i want the noise lol.

And is it better if I get the TRD ECU or go Aftermarket ECU?

Thanks.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-20-2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-they probably would rebuild it, but would cost a ton of cash (they would mark it up, but who knows?) or you can do the work yourself.

as far as the BOV, they're a few brands out there, like the bosch110bpv, which looks stock, or a forge 007 (i think thats what is called) but check out the TRD supercharger thread for a bit more info on this.

-might also look into a gompka custom shaft if your picking up a used setup.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey scion86, Toyota could rebuild the TRD Supercharger for you as it was originally from Toyota's TRD department. Just as SoulXquisite stated, they will most likely mark up the parts and charge you a ton for labor. In regards to you wanting to rebuild one, do you know what is wrong with it or are you just being cautious?

A popular BOV used for the TRD superchargers have been the HKS SSQV that I have seen on some builds. You're probably better off saving your money though, the sound is cool but you could use the money on supporting mods for the supercharger instead.

Just my two-cents.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the replys..
yea im just being cautious and just incase it dont come with all the parts i need to install.

what about the ecu should i get the trd or go aftermarket and witch one will be good
Old 10-23-2011, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It depends on your goals for the car. If you plan on autoX or hard core drag then aftermarket. If it's your DD then the TRD reflash is more than enough.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:46 AM

Scion86 im on the same boat bro except i know i dont have all the parts needed for install but based on my research there is supercharger rebuild kits on superchargedscions.com as far as upgraded bearings go and a guy named gompka on here has costom shafts. ? RS2Blitz would you happen to know if trd would sell me the hoses and belts i needed? also how would you go about a reflash?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey acewheels12, the supercharger kit from TRD has been discontinued for a long time now so unless they have overstock products, no. They can always special order if a customer asks but you would probably be better off finding them elsewhere to try and save money; there are probably some ppl on scionlife that could direct you to the right stores or e-stores. Check the classifieds.

If you are looking for a TRD reflash for the supercharger, I'm sure you can browse the classifieds on here as many are selling their kits. If you plan on hard core racing or similar, it would benefit you more to look into after market piggyback or standalone system.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:04 AM

Alright thanks alot Blitz im gonna look into that, apprechiate it bro
Old 10-25-2011, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

.the bov do I have to do anything special to get it to work good. Or just plug and play. I never had a supercharger. Just Turbo. On a mazdaspeed protégé
Old 10-26-2011, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

scion86, I believe the bov for the trd s/c needs an adapter kit to make it work. someone on here has done it before so i'm sure you can find a diy.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a tC supercharger for sale if interested. I was going to post in the classified but I dont have enough posts. PM me if interested.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD/Scion do not rebuild superchargers, all they ever did was replace parts of the unit or the whole unit. If you need parts for one now a days you are pretty much sol. You can get a shaft from me and bearings from kik, you can even find an impeller and the bushings, but if brackets or housings go bad, you will have to get things custom made.

Originally Posted by RS2Blitz
Hey scion86, Toyota could rebuild the TRD Supercharger for you as it was originally from Toyota's TRD department. Just as SoulXquisite stated, they will most likely mark up the parts and charge you a ton for labor. In regards to you wanting to rebuild one, do you know what is wrong with it or are you just being cautious?

A popular BOV used for the TRD superchargers have been the HKS SSQV that I have seen on some builds. You're probably better off saving your money though, the sound is cool but you could use the money on supporting mods for the supercharger instead.

Just my two-cents.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its all ready got your shaft. Lol idk if the rest was rebuilt. How will I be able to tell with out opening it does it make a duff noise or run a did way??

And I'm still confused about the bov I can find a DIY. And is turboxs bypass valve h any good will it still make the noise anyone know.

And how about fuel injectors and spark plugs. What does the supercharger need to run. With trd ecu.

I got just a plain 06 idk what kind of injectors r in. It.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To tell if you have one of mine, take off the pulley and take some pictures of the piece of shaft that you can see. Also, take a picture of the woodruff key, the metal piece that slides into the slot on the end of the shaft.

Originally Posted by scion86
Its all ready got your shaft. Lol idk if the rest was rebuilt. How will I be able to tell with out opening it does it make a duff noise or run a did way??

And I'm still confused about the bov I can find a DIY. And is turboxs bypass valve h any good will it still make the noise anyone know.

And how about fuel injectors and spark plugs. What does the supercharger need to run. With trd ecu.

I got just a plain 06 idk what kind of injectors r in. It.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I don't want to open it up lol with my luck ill end up breaking sumthin. Lol.

But the kit has everyrhing except the 71'C (160'F) thermostat where do I get that or do I already have one in my car that will work with the supercharger. ???

Don't know much and yes I searced. Lol.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Many people never used the thermostat and they were fine, you can pick one up online or maybe even at your local auto parts store.

Originally Posted by scion86
Yea I don't want to open it up lol with my luck ill end up breaking sumthin. Lol.

But the kit has everyrhing except the 71'C (160'F) thermostat where do I get that or do I already have one in my car that will work with the supercharger. ???

Don't know much and yes I searced. Lol.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well to be on the safe side ill just get. One lol.

I also toke pics of the kit the Guy sold me. And I wanted to know if any one knew what I was missing.
I have the direction but there no pics and I don't know part names or what they look like. If anyone can help me out.

Here's some pics.

I have fuel injectors 410 and should be picking up an 05 trd ecu today. Would it work on the 06??
Attached Thumbnails TRD Supercharger??-uploadfromtaptalk1321050040032.jpg   TRD Supercharger??-uploadfromtaptalk1321050059000.jpg   TRD Supercharger??-uploadfromtaptalk1321050076825.jpg  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone?? Wanna try and get this in next weekend. If I have all parts.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

05-06 tC are basically the same. As long as the re-flash is for the same transmission as yours then you should be fine.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member

There are a bunch of superchargers on eBay

Quick Reply: TRD Supercharger??