Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Treadstone 07-08 Turbo Kit tuned w/Unichip, AEM, Greddy..etc

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Default Treadstone 07-08 Turbo Kit tuned w/Unichip, AEM, Greddy..etc

We are thinking of offering the Unichip with our 07-08 Turbo kits, i just wanted to see if we should invest in the tunning computers, and as well sell at a price tag of $4250. This would include a plug in harness straight to the ECU with no splicing, with base map already programed 100% Complete bolt on turbo kit for the 07-08 Scion Tc's. We are also might be doing away with the tall intercooler, so no cutting will be needed, just where the pipes show at the fog light holes. If anyone has any opinions please share them....
BTW, Turbonetics has no plans to offer an 07-08 Tc turbo kits, so this might be a good venture for us.

~jason
Treadstone Performance Eng Inc
Old 11-22-2007, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What does the Unchip offer vs emanage and or others...
Old 11-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Banned
SL Member

I say ditch the unichip.. theres no tuners for it
emanage ftw
Old 11-22-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NOOOO treadstone dont do it!!!

Your kit as is, all a "buyer" would need to do is get an aem fic 400 and a harness for 300. So total it would come out to 3700. But your kit being able to run with no ems "somewhat" safely due to the velocity stack.. is awesome because it gives the buyer a little time to save up for the aem fic.

Anyhow that was my plans.... dont ruin them!! haha

Lastly I think you have the complaint about the IC backwards. Not too many ppl are complaining about cutting the crash beam, its mostly cutting the bumper complaints that i hear. From what you are saying, your new IC doesnt require cutting of the crash beam but still needs cutting of the bumper. You need to switch those issues around or eliminate both all together!!!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

we will take into account all opinions since we haven't pulled the trigger just yet. Please, anyone chime in, those who are already boosted also. Our kit is already the best bang for the buck, and we would like to keep the price low, so were looking for the best, and least expensive route that most can agree on.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

their are tuners for the unichip in certain areas. I like the whole idea that you have to be certified to tune on an unichip. the emanage anyone can do it with the tool and the software.

so a little safer route with the unichip, only if you have a local shop that can tune it

I would just sell it seperate if the customer wants the kit
Old 11-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Any route we take, the computer will come preprogrammed with map ready to go.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

are you going to do the model that has a switch to go from normal tune to race tune? I forget the model...
Old 11-22-2007, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the q version? thats what comes stock in the tnetics kit. Uni-chip is a great little unit but the lack of tuners is an issue. Regardless of if it comes with a basemap or not you will need it tuned again for the conditions you are driving in. Not all cars are cookie cut images of eachother. I would use something more universally tuneable unless you get some kind of crazy profit margin with the unichip
Old 11-22-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well..... no one else has input??

Jason, I think the aem fic would keep you on track for "best bang for buck" its an awesome little system for around 400 (seen as cheap as 360 and as high as 457) Than the PnP harness dezod sells for 310 so I would assume thats a good price. That would put your kit fully "ready to run" for 3700 which would beat your competition still by 500-600 dollars easy.

Honestly I think if you spend the time and eat the money real quick to refab your IC piping so you WILL NOT NEED TO CUT THE BUMPER your business will more than DOUBLE and you will make your money back in a hurry. Can someone please second this??? Tread is a great kit with name brand parts, an awesome manifold, ppl are just scared of cutting their bumpers. Refab your ic piping (not very hard) and youll be direct competitors with "the big guys".

GL whatever way you decide. Hopefully you get more input on this subject.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree entirely regarding the cutting of the bumper. Im looking into boosting my tc in the future, but unfortunately would not consider a kit that requires me to hack my bumper apart. Great kit though.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:17 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

opinions anyone?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unichip sucks!!!!There is no freaking tunners for it or program to do it yourself!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:47 PM
SL Member

I bought your kit in the summer, and was talking to Andy quite abit about buying the chip for my car. If I were you guys since it is prob already in production sell it as an option or upgrade. The reason I went with your kit was the base price. If you add this chip in and bring the price up I think you would lose business. Keep the option open for those who want it and those who want say aem. Also I agree with ditching the points where cutting is needed. Turns alot of people off.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

x3453508 on the piping. I bought my kit from you guys and im not looking forward to having it all modified b/c i don't like the fitment. you should also offer an upgrade if u change IC piping for ppl like me who's parts are still in the box.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unichip or e-manage.

For you UN-EDUCATED FOOLS! YOU PLAY INTO THE BELIEF THAT THERE ARE NO UNI-CHIP TUNERS!

GO TO THEIR WEBSITE. GO TO BUY LOCAL OR LOCAL TUNERS. ENTER YOUR ZIP AND IT'LL GIVE YOU A FULL LONG LIST OF TUNERS IN YOUR AREA!

I am so sick of people from CA or NY or major cities that boo boo about no tuners when you don't even LOOK! There are 40+ tuners in SOCAL ALONE!

Treadstone makes a awesome kit. with great IMMEDIATE POWER...ditch the larger intercooler...splicing of fuel injectors wiring.... and intercooler piping that sticks out.

waiting for Jarod to chime

visit my youtube account for a dyno vid of an auto treadstone tc
www.youtube.com/diyordie

plus more
Old 11-28-2007, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Treadstone 07-08 Turbo Kit tuned w/Unichip, AEM, Greddy.

Originally Posted by Treadstone
We are thinking of offering the Unichip with our 07-08 Turbo kits, i just wanted to see if we should invest in the tunning computers, and as well sell at a price tag of $4250. This would include a plug in harness straight to the ECU with no splicing, with base map already programed 100% Complete bolt on turbo kit for the 07-08 Scion Tc's. We are also might be doing away with the tall intercooler, so no cutting will be needed, just where the pipes show at the fog light holes. If anyone has any opinions please share them....
BTW, Turbonetics has no plans to offer an 07-08 Tc turbo kits, so this might be a good venture for us.

~jason
what a novel idea. including a tuneable ecu when selling a kit designed to boost a naturaly aspirated car. GENIUS!!!! how come none of you other companies have thought of this??
Old 11-28-2007, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Treadstone 07-08 Turbo Kit tuned w/Unichip, AEM, Greddy.

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by Treadstone

~jason
what a novel idea. including a tuneable ecu when selling a kit designed to boost a naturaly aspirated car. GENIUS!!!! how come none of you other companies have thought of this??
wow it just got real hot in here lol
Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

The whole idea of cutting the crash bar and bumper are a no go for me with this kit. Otherwise I'd be interested in purchasing. As far as engine management goes, I'd also prefer emanage, as my local boosted buddies all use it and for the most part know what they're doing with it.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Thanks for the input Jonny! I wish I could say the same about brett's comment...thanks for nothing

Quick Reply: Treadstone 07-08 Turbo Kit tuned w/Unichip, AEM, Greddy..etc