Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Tune problems. Update !

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default Tune problems. Update !

ok i did get my car tuned and it ran awsome, but somehow some way the fic erased it now ive tryed to basemap's they run a lil rich at cruiseing but when i come to a stop and the car idle's rpm's drop to 500 for a couple second's and afr's go to 10.0. then once the rpm's go back up to 700, afr goes all the way to 17.5 and goes blank! and run's like garbage. help? i just need the car to run ok to make it across state to get retuned . it didin't do this before i put my new clutch in. and i replaced the mani gasket. there is no exhaust leak's. and i checked all vacuum line;s

Last edited by weezyfbayba; 09-11-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
ok i did get my car tuned and it ran awsome, but somehow some way the fic erased it now ive tryed to basemap's they run a lil rich at cruiseing but when i come to a stop and the car idle's rpm's drop to 500 for a couple second's and afr's go to 10.0. then once the rpm's go back up to 700, afr goes all the way to 17.5 and goes blank! and run's like garbage. help? i just need the car to run ok to make it across state to get retuned . it didin't do this before i put my new clutch in. and i replaced the mani gasket. there is no exhaust leak's. and i checked all vacuum line;s
Are you sure the clutch is totally disengaging? If it is not, it can cause havoc on your tune because it wants to get into DFCO (being in gear, but not on the throttle), but yet hunting with closed loop feedback to try to sustain a 14.7
Old 09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea the clutch is fine im positive. i think it may be my o2 sensor when the afr's are past 17 at idle the car doesint rele run that bad a little but not harsh. im going to clean the maf and take the primary 02 sensor out and try and clean it. im sure its caked. ive been running rich for a week and a half or so. i changed my plug's yesturday they were black also. im just trying to get the car driveable so i can make it to get my new exhaust made. then retuned ( doing both at same shop olympic motorsports)
Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

just pulled the primary o2 out . its blacker than ecko! lol j/k bro
Old 09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

just took maf sensor out it looks pretty clean im still gonna spray it with some cleaner before i put it back in.

any other idea's?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PM, me! or call me if u have my number?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

no i don't but here are thing's i checked today

primary o2 is ok i cleaned it and i even swaped with my friend and still have same issue
plugs are new
checked every vacuume line there ok
no exhaust leaks

so i did a ecu relearn and now at idle it doesin't lean out it stays in the 14's but!

when i give it gas and let off the rpm's drop to 500 and stick there for a good 3-5 sec's and afr's go to 10.0

then once the rpm's go back up to 700-800 afr's go back into the 14's

im thinking it's just my basemap that's all i can think off no cel light but there was on code. system to rich which always come's on when i run this basemap! i jus need this to make it to my tuner!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

sent you a pm elevation bro!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

im going to get retuned tuesday i hope i make it there! the car only run's bad when i left off the gas and it sticks at 500 for like 10 sec's. sucks! if the tune fix's my problem then im going to go ahead and get a full 3 inch full exhaust done the following week! * cross's finger's*
Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

umm ok well as my car is idleing past 17 in the blank screen.

i started spraying vac line's down no leaks.

but when i spray torward's the TB my afr's go up to14's again idk the coupler is on there with a clamp? i don't have a wrench to fit it right now. and i did have to take the charge pipe off when i did my clutch.

tomorrow im going to try move the coupleing around more or something make sure there is no tear's in it im running out of idea's mayb this is it tho
Old 09-11-2009, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

well i just loosen'd the coupler and made sure it was all the way down and retighten'd it. and same issue. tuesday im going to get tuned if the tune doesin't fix it and we can't figure it out im going back to stock. and buying a ms3. im done with the bs i can't even enjoy this car anymore
Old 09-11-2009, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok go to a ms3? lmao so what your going to keep that stock? one thing you always have to remember once you modify your stock vehicle you will have a problem that it comes with the territory! so stop complaining anf figure out the problem if its not the tune. your using a freaking base map for god sakes! your car is not going to run perfect. big whoop you need a new tune! i been through 4 TB's already and a million times my piping blew off or my meth nozzle blew off or my downpipe leaking. but guess what i modified the car so thats my consequence!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea well its different for you u live by luiggi i live 2 1/2 hour's away
Old 09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and ive tryed everything to fix it beside's retune. tuesday im comeing over there
Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol whats easy cause of luiggi lol? i have replaced all my tb's i figured out all my idle problems lol all luiggi has dont is tune my car and build my motor and downpipe. i dunno what your talking about lol.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea if my tune is my only problem it would be alot easyer to take it to get tuned if i didin't have to drive 2 1/2 hour's lol. but idk i turned the car off in my garage today and i heard a squeek squeek squeek like the flywheel turning slowly untill stoping. idk the road's were wet no clue . but my idle is comeing back up into the 14's after going to rich then leaning out it even's back out but take's a little bit. tune is my next step bro
Old 09-11-2009, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First thing you should do is a boost leak test. Make sure you don't have any leaks because they will throw off your tune a lot.

Next thing you want to do is use a Scangauge or another OBD-II scanner to watch your fuel trims.. if they're way off, then yes your tune must be off as well. If you can't tune it yourself, go to CFT or Olympic.. I'm not sure where you are, but find someone that is competent at what they do.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ROB luiggi tuned his car perfect and he said his battery died and erased his tune on the FIC. so now hes running a basemap till he gets re-tuned by luiggi on tuesday.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That doesn't happen.. the only way the FIC will forget a map is if 1.) it's completely dead 2.) He tried to mess with the map and saved over a blank map..the more likely cause.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea when my battery died i jumped it off with my gurl's xa then the car ran fine for about 3 min then got boggy and shut off then wouldint stay running after that.
so then i went and put a basemap i had on it and it ran fine.. then i put my new clutch in and stock flywheel in and now this idle problem happen's before the idle would be very jump at a stop when i had the 9.5 flywheel. . idk my new plug's are destroyed. im going to put brand new one's in before i come tuesday. then i got some step 2 colder in my car for when i get there. and yes luiggi's tune was perfect he tryed sending me it but it won't upload to my fic like he has a password on his tune or somethign or a file got damaged. tuesday we will find out

Quick Reply: Tune problems. Update !