Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TURBO-EXHAUST PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TURBO-EXHAUST PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

i have the zpi exhaust now and i dont wanna start a zpi hating post but ever since i got the exhaust i had fittment issues the fittment on evrything is horrible it vibrates against everything. one of the pipes hits my front sway bar---- so to make a long story short i brought my car upp to 6k rpm and heard BOOOOOOM and i knew there was somthing wrong with my car, soo i pull over see what the hell is wrong turns out i popped a weld on the exhaust the goes from the axle back -----i heard this exhaust would make a perfect turbo exhaust should i just have rippp modifications customize the whole thing or buy the new megan exhuast or a new one and if u think i should what one would be best for a turbo. i really need ur help as my car is not really drivable at this point its sooo dam loud and the cops would love to ticket me. Its like im driving with nooo exhaust on the car...

Old 09-27-2006, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Megan Drift Spec!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was thinking the drift spec megan or the new megan u guys think it would be ok with turbo or do u think it will rob power and suffocate the turbo.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know. I think the OE style one would be less flowing than the ZPI one but I think the drift spec would flow better and be better suited than the ZPI one. Maybe you just got a bad exhaust but I would go with the drift spec. Cant really beat the price on it.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

One of the pipes hits the front sway bar? Did you get a ZPI S-Pipe? the Midpipe is further back....

What do you have specifically? What Turbo Setup (as the downpipe could be located in a different location (misaligning the whole exhaust setup)

In addition what components from ZPI do you have S-Pipe? / Midpipe? / Axleback?

It also helps in how you tighten each side of each part of the exhaust bolts, as it can move the pieces as a whole down the line...

But, IF you have fitment issues, or if you have any weld issues, you could have called ZPI immediately and let them replace/exchange the part for you, I'm sure, free of charge, or in better case scenarios, help you with fitment, from pics you take... It appears you have a DEZOD Turbo setup (from your past posts), so the DownPipe location could be a bit different than ZPI's mold, thus making the ZPI s-pipe vibrate against something...

I have the ZPI S-Pipe and Mid Pipe with no fitment issues at all... Give them a call ASAP tomarrow morning and let them take care of you... as that's probably the best solution, and what you should have done in the first place if you noticed an issue... as exhaust parts on different cars with different downpipes/header setups are occasionally different, and could cause fitment problems as a result...

There's no way to make sure an exhaust part would fit perfect with every different header/downpipe/or other exhaust components as not every one of those parts is the same... (We've seen that with DC Sports/ Megan Racing /Alphawerks/ and even Different Turbo Setups... All, occasionally, have small differences, and thus screw up fitment all the way down the line... )

It's a common problem, which we see along the line with combining exhaust setups from different manufacturers....

-WDS
Old 09-27-2006, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i see im gonna give them a call 2morrow
Old 09-27-2006, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Good Call... Any pics could help as well... much easier for them to see the issue and make sure you're taken care of the best way possible, with the best info.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If not, go drift spec or Tsudo. Straight shot all the way back. You cant make the tC exhaust all that different.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think im gonna go with the drift spec its a nice sounding exhaust i just dont know how its gonna sound with an open dump and no cats but it will prob sound alot better than it is now
Old 09-27-2006, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have a Dezod kit why not get the dezod turbo back exhaust to gurantee no fitment issues
Old 09-27-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

If you are parting with your ZPI exhaust, I wouldn't mind buying it off of you, as I could turn around and sell it and make a profit...

Do you mind providing pictures of the setup, so I can see what I would be purchasing?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sure thing i will take pictures i will sell it for 180 the exhaust from the axle back has a blown out weld i will try to get some pics up but it wont be up till tn.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Byta27
sure thing i will take pictures i will sell it for 180 the exhaust from the axle back has a blown out weld i will try to get some pics up but it wont be up till tn.

How about $160 shipped?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: TURBO-EXHAUST PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

i have the zpi exhaust now and i dont wanna start a zpi hating post but ever since i got the exhaust i had fittment issues the fittment on evrything is horrible it vibrates against everything. one of the pipes hits my front sway bar---- so to make a long story short i brought my car upp to 6k rpm and heard BOOOOOOM and i knew there was somthing wrong with my car, soo i pull over see what the hell is wrong turns out i popped a weld on the exhaust the goes from the axle back -----i heard this exhaust would make a perfect turbo exhaust should i just have rippp modifications customize the whole thing or buy the new megan exhuast or a new one and if u think i should what one would be best for a turbo. i really need ur help as my car is not really drivable at this point its sooo dam loud and the cops would love to ticket me. Its like im driving with nooo exhaust on the car...

I'm talking to your mother right now. Hopefully we can resolve this. ;)

As for the front swaybar, alignment is key. The hangers on the midpipe can be bent/tweaked slightly to raise or lower the midpipe so that it does not hit.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nester

As for the front swaybar, alignment is key. The hangers on the midpipe can be bent/tweaked slightly to raise or lower the midpipe so that it does not hit.
haha thats wrong sean shootin down travis like that
Old 09-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd

Travis needs a new exhaust like he needs a hole in his head.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 09-27-2006, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Shhhh.....Let the man sale his exhaust to me if he wants, I could use more ZPI swag!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We talked to your mom and if a weld broke or something we will warranty it without question. We have NEVER had a issue like this so I would really like to confirm that it is not something else pushing the exhaust out of alignment.

i would like to figure out the why before we send you a new system so that we can assure it does not happen again. Either way we stand behind our stuff and will make it right.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, here is the trouble spot in question.