Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Or Super

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Turbo Or Super

ok well money is noooo object for me right now(promotions kick ___) and i want to do some forced induction. I do not street race, but i want some more power in the tc and i dont want any of this bull 5hp from my exhaust crap! The thing is, i love the how the turbo with valves sounds, but the supercharger is alot less and still gives great hp gains.

If i dont street race, do yall think it would be worth it to go with forced induction? i just looooooove the feeling of more horsepower to the wheels?

I do some track racing occasionally, my father and I have a 1966 Fastback Mustang 2+2 that we just crammed a big block 454 supercharged motor in and it just feels so damn manly(for lack of a better term) to rev that motor next to anyone in this whole city and shut them right up. Picture that scene from 2f2f where he is like "american muscle" in his hemi and you hit it right on the head, but without the homo pony tail and sun glasses on you got it right on. Its soooooo unbelievably loud but its a muscle car, not a tuner like the tC, so I just wanted some opinions on this! thanks all!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Start Here:

nittosciontc.com

If your going to do Turbo, please design your own kit or read extensively on the kits offered.

If you decided super is enough, just get a TRD Installed Super With Warranty from the dealer (you trust), then get a TRD limited slip. You should have plenty of power.

Just RESEARCH before you get your wallet dominated. Promotions don't mean a thing if you can't get to work because your missing a piece that a turbo company cant send you for another 4 months because they have so much debt they can't order it.

I've ordered all my upgrades from strippermotorsports.com, speak with Ryan.
He knows what he's talking about, and will be willing to talk to you for hours and help with with installations questions.