Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Okay, pics are finally up! Tuning will be in a couple weeks, along with some dyno runs!

Todd is awesome to deal with and will build a kit to your specs if you don't want a Stage 1 (mine), Stage 2, Basik, or Simple kit. I was an early orderer, so I still have the Version 1 manifold. I love the way it looks; people always are wowed by it. Performance of the kit right now is average, but only because it's not tuned (so of course it wouldn't be awesome yet). When tuned, my 8.7psi should put out around 300whp. At that point, I'll start taking on some Evos and STis I'm glad I went the TurboToyotas route. If anyone has any specific questions about my kit or TurboToyotas, PM me and I'll do my best to give a good answer. Stay tuned for dyno results and a new video.

1. Go easy on the red wire loom if you don't like it; it's not done yet and still looks kinda rough.
2. My engine bay is dirty, I know haha

Also thought it'd be a good time to take some pics of my new Smoked 'n Cleared Anzos

Hey everyone, I've taken some time off from the boards but I'm back! I've finally received almost all the parts I need to install (for those of you who don't know, I was starting to order parts all the way back when Mr. Meaty was just installing his kit). I've also ordered a couple minor suspension upgrades to help handle the power. Here is my parts list (for a full list of modifications look at my profile):

Turbo Toyotas Stage 1 Kit
GReddy Type-RS Blowoff Valve
550cc RC Injectors
Black Powdercoated Intercooler/Charge Piping
AEM Gauges: (Boost, Oil Pressure, Wideband O2)
Creative Compacts A-Pillar Triple Pod
Competition Clutch Stage 3
GReddy E-Manage Blue
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Rear Sway Bar

All I need now is an E-Manage PnP Harness. My goal is to be turbocharged by New Year's, hopefully putting out close to 300whp on my initial tune. Todd @ TurboToyotas has been great with everything; I highly recommend TT. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. Pictures will be coming over the next few days, so be patient. That's all for now.

UPDATE 12/17: The tC is going into the shop on Thursday, December 20th, and will reside there until Thursday the 27th. I'm going to do a little pic and video session of the car before and after and will gladly share those with the SL community. Also, I'll eventually be dynoing the car (probably late January). I'm shooting for right around 300whp! "Before" pics and vid to come soon! Stay tuned...

UPDATE 12/18: Two days until I drop the tC off at the shop!!! I'll be making my "before" video tomorrow. In an incident totally unrelated to the turbo, I decided to install my TRD rear sway bar today (race setting)! My TRD springs are still sitting in my closet, but I really felt the difference on this windy stretch of road in my neighborhood tonight. The car feels much more composed and there's noticeably less body roll... I'm sure that will improve further once I put the springs on. Anyway, video coming tomorrow!!!

UPDATE 12/19: Well, I made the "before" video today! I think it came out pretty well. Let me know what you all think. Car goes in the shop tomorrow!!! Episode 2 of my "series" (the "after" video) will be coming once I get my car back from the shop.
VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p181I-8oteo

UPDATE 12/20: Dropped the car off today! I'll be getting it back on the 27th if all goes well. Stay tuned!

UPDATE 12/26: Well, it was bound to happen. I called the shop today and they informed me that there is an install problem with my Competition Clutch Stage 3. They've taken the tranny out twice to try and isolate the issue, but no luck so far. They are currently getting in contact with Competition Clutch directly to discuss the problem. Luckily, they didn't report any issues with the TT Kit, so that's some good news. My trip got delayed about a half day, so I'll be going back to the shop on Friday to either pick up the car or discuss further options regarding the clutch. More updates when I find out new information. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

UPDATE 12/27: I just got home from an 11 hour drive back to Florida from Virginia. I spoke to the shop earlier this afternoon and had some good news; they talked to Competition Clutch and figured out the clutch issue. Apparently, certain tCs don't utilize the pilot bearing that CClutch ships in the packaging. When the shop tried to install the clutch using that bearing, it caused the fitment issues. With the bearing removed, however, it fits perfectly. I have been told that the bearing is an unnecessary piece and therefore a lack of it will have no affect on reliability or performance. I'm scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow afternoon; as of this afternoon they were just finishing up the clutch install and had already completed installing the TT Stage 1 kit with no issues. All they have left to do is install my AEM gauges and load my EManage fuel map and I'll be good to go. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should have pictures and whatnot for you guys tomorrow evening!

UPDATE 12/28: Well, no car yet. She's 99% done. I just posted all of the information about why, etc. at the top of page 5 of this thread, so go there to check it out... lol I don't feel like retyping all of it. I'll be picking her up tomorrow after work unless an act of God prevents it haha... stay tuned.

UPDATE 12/29: We ran into an emanage issue today; upon loading my map, the car refused to start. I then proceeded to load the GReddy kit base map and we got the same result. We ended up disconnecting the emanage completely and starting the car utilizing just the stock ECU. It started up but ran super-rich and died if we didn't keep the RPMs above idle. After opening my emanage tonight I realized that one of my jumper settings was different than that of the diagram on Dezod's tech notes section of their website. Now, with all of the jumper settings correct, I'll be going back into the shop on Monday morning to retry my luck. This is the last obstacle; all of the parts are installed and functional. I would have taken pictures but I didn't think about it since I was trying to figure out the emanage problem. Guess I have to wait another day and a half before my car is perfect!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice dude.
so nothing has been installed?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can't wait to see how it all goes.
You're gonna LOVE boost. And try and get a sound clip of that BOV, cause who knows when olaHalo will ever get tuned and finally push his beast!

Oh, what psi is your WG spring?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i heard matt's one day, pretty cooool sounding.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i live in jax.. cool
Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
i heard matt's one day, pretty cooool sounding.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
nice dude.
so nothing has been installed?
nope, not yet. it's all sitting in my apartment. i'm planning on getting it installed and tuned at the same shop. i would install myself, but considering the amount of money i've put into the kit already, i don't really want to mess things up and have only myself to blame hopefully it'll be done by the first couple weeks in january. that's my target date for being completely done with the install and tune.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Can't wait to see how it all goes.
You're gonna LOVE boost. And try and get a sound clip of that BOV, cause who knows when olaHalo will ever get tuned and finally push his beast!

Oh, what psi is your WG spring?
haha yeah i'll def. get a clip once it's on. my clutch requires a 500 mile break-in period, so that may push it back... a few days my WG spring is 7.25 psi i believe. i plan on keeping it there for a little while and then going higher if necessary
Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jimmydenfield
hey i live in jax.. cool
sweet, whereabouts?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck with everything.
shoot for over 300
Old 11-10-2007, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Wow its been a while I remembered you ordering your kit, I thought you were boosted already.. Goodluck on the install though. I might get mine next week and I just spoke with few of my friends to help me install.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

UPDATE BUMP!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
Hey everyone, I've taken some time off from the boards but I'm back! I've finally received almost all the parts I need to install (for those of you who don't know, I was starting to order parts all the way back when Mr. Meaty was just installing his kit). I've also ordered a couple minor suspension upgrades to help handle the power. Here is my parts list:

Turbo Toyotas Stage 1 Kit
GReddy Type-RS Blowoff Valve
550cc RC Injectors
Black Powdercoated Intercooler/Charge Piping
AEM Gauges: (Boost, Oil Pressure, Wideband O2)
Creative Compacts A-Pillar Triple Pod
Competition Clutch Stage 3
GReddy E-Manage Blue
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Rear Sway Bar

All I need now is an E-Manage PnP Harness. My goal is to be turbocharged by New Year's, hopefully putting out close to 300whp on my initial tune. Todd @ TurboToyotas has been great with everything; I highly recommend TT. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. Pictures will be coming over the next few days, so be patient. That's all for now.

UPDATE 12/17: All of my parts are in my room and ready to go on the car. The tC is going into the shop on Thursday, December 20th, and will reside there until Thursday the 27th. I'm going to do a little pic and video session of the car before and after and will gladly share those with the SL community. Also, I'll eventually be dynoing the car (probably late January). I'm shooting for right around 300whp! "Before" pics and vid to come soon! Stay tuned...
Old 12-18-2007, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NICE! So is the shop just doing the install? Or install and tune?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait. thats today right.
pic and video session huh.
cant wait.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ I think 20th, but cant wait how this goes
Old 12-18-2007, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't wait to see the video
Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

By the way, I LOVE the title of your thread!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
NICE! So is the shop just doing the install? Or install and tune?
just install... lucky for me, olaHalo has provided me with an acceptable fuel map to last me for a while... of course i'll get it retuned eventually or if it runs like crap
Old 12-19-2007, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
wait. thats today right.
pic and video session huh.
cant wait.
todays the 18th

"before" pics and video coming tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!