Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I made sure to have my work done (injectors, gauges, tuning) all at the tuners shop.

and with the posting, I agree, but sometimes, you just can't resist!

gl
Old 01-05-2008, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
haha note to self when/if i go turboed, do not make a thread until the car is done and back in my driveway in 100% working condition
tell me about it
Old 01-05-2008, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

haha it was just a joke bro, you will get everything sorted out. i got faith in you
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

haha it was just a joke bro, you will get everything sorted out. i got faith in you
haha i know you were kidding dave! but seriously, don't post until your kit is in working order lol.. the SL curse man, the SL curse
Old 01-05-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

well then i wont be posting in a looooong time cus i aint go the money to turbo
Old 01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well then i wont be posting in a looooong time cus i aint go the money to turbo
lol that's what i'm starting to think
Old 01-05-2008, 05:04 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha note to self when/if i go turboed, do not make a thread until the car is done and back in my driveway in 100% working condition
with turbo, nothing will ever be 100%, maybe 99.9999994

but never 100%, there will always be something you wanna fix or redo
Old 01-06-2008, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yay for my 1000th post!! full red bar baby. haha i've been waiting a while to get that! i should hear back from the dealership on monday as to the problems i've been having... i'll keep you all updated.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Banned
SL Member

hope everything goes good for you bro... ive been following this just never posted...
Old 01-06-2008, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

good luck jax!
Old 01-06-2008, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea seriously...i cant wait to see the pics of this done...i mean this kid is good...and bad things always happen to good people

keep the faith jax!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

thanks for the support guys!! you can be sure that as soon as i know anything from toyota i'll post it up here.. and better yet... as soon as i get the car back, pics and vids will be coming!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well, here's the latest. as you may or may not know, i got fed up with the shop i had my car at (they let it sit there for a week and i was the only one trying to get it running.. i had to go in on multiple occasions and try to figure out the fuel management situation). so, i had AAA tow the car to the toyota dealership a mile down the road. before you say "OMFG A DEALERSHIP LOOKING AT YOUR TURBO'D CAR" you need to realize that the shop i was at was doing NOTHING to help me resolve my problem. i need my car to drive to school and everywhere else; i don't have another one and i don't want to spend $$$ on a rental when i should be spending $$$ on fixing the turbo issues. plus, my car wasn't starting on my ECU anymore, so the problem is no longer my dezod harness or emanage settings; it appears to be some stock parts like the ignition system that have gone bad for one reason or another. so, i dropped the car off at the dealership on saturday, spoke to a good service rep whose had experience with aftermarket stuff, and went on my way with the hope that they could find out what was wrong with my car. at that point, the car (which has the TT kit installed) would not even start on the stock ECU or the correctly-setup Emanage. i figured it was an ignition issue. well, i went into the dealership this morning before class to pick up something from my car and check on its status. here's the scoop. the master tech at the dealership along with a few other people had spent a few hours inspecting things and trying to figure out what happened (they even tried starting it on the emanage and the stock ECU) but they couldn't reach a conclusion. i talked to my service rep and he said that a toyota service rep is coming in to specifically look at my car and go from there. he said that what most likely will happen is that they will determine that my car needs to go back to at LEAST stock injectors if not stock everything regarding the turbo install before they can properly determine if any other stock parts were damaged. here's the kicker. he also said that there was shoddy workmanship with the install; missing bolts/washers, improper setup of vacuum lines (although i dunno how many turbo setups they've seen in terms of vacuum line configuration) AND THE BEST PART: they said it appears the tech at the performance shop had inadvertently cut some wires under the hood and spliced them back together to cover it up!!! i don't really know how much of what they're saying is fact or fiction, though. they're supposed to be getting back to me later today. i called the performance shop as well to let them know what toyota had said, and the owner of the shop is calling the toyota service rep i've been working with to talk to him about things (probably playing the blame game). i'm so fed up with this crap it's not even funny. i just want my car back. this is nothing against Todd or TurboToyotas, but i'm starting to wish i had gone dezod simply because i wouldn't have to worry as much about morons not knowing what to do with the parts. if only i lived next to Todd in AZ and had gotten it installed by him i haven't the slightest idea when i'm getting my car back or in what condition. all i know is that this is complete BS. when i factor in parts and install i've spent over $6,000 on turbocharging my car and i've only ended up worse than before. i know some people are probably like "oh well you should have expected problems." well no $hit. i just didn't expect to pay over $6,000 just to have my car rotting in a toyota dealership's parking lot unable to freaking start its damn engine (and have NOBODY able to tell me what's wrong). sorry for the rant, i'm just completely frustrated and it seems like the closer i think i get to resolving these issues, the more serious, complicated, expensive, and unsolvable they become. i can only hope that if the performance shop F'ed up, i'll be able to get a refund (from them or make it a legal issue w/ the credit card company) or that these issues will get resolved in a somewhat timely manner so i can start driving my car again; preferably in boost.

ok. i have to go to class. until next time, kiddies.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

speaking of which... i guess i need to change my sig to "Almost Powered by TurboToyotas"
Old 01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

damn man, i would kick the person who worked on my cars **** at the shop. thats why when i get turbo im gonna do the install and just take it to somewhere to get tuned. or hopefully by tehn ill know how to tune it myself
Old 01-07-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

damn man, i would kick the person who worked on my cars **** at the shop. thats why when i get turbo im gonna do the install and just take it to somewhere to get tuned. or hopefully by tehn ill know how to tune it myself
yeah, retrospect is a beautiful thing. i should have done the same thing.. would have taken a while for me to do the install but at least i wouldn't have this waiting or guessing game. plus the 1000 they charged for the install would be going towards more parts... oh well.. now i just have to focus on how i'm going to resolve all of this stuff.... i have a feeling i'm going to have a very hard time getting the performance shop to help me out with this stuff. they'll probably try to charge me for putting the stock stuff back in, even if they did F up. good thing we paid with a credit card; we have some level of protection if they're at fault for stuff. i hope it doesn't actually become a legal issue. i dunno though. i wouldn't be surprised of anything now.

edit: my bad for saying "stuff" a billion times. i'm not in a writing-oriented state of mind right now lol
Old 01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same here
Old 01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

dude that SUcks!! I hope you will get your car working, it sounds to me though that the shop f'cked w/ the install, the hardest part of having your car done in a performance shop is that some installer pretend or act like they know it all, they neglect things, troubleshoot and experiment on the car having the attitude 'leave it to me" when in fact they are noobs that refuse to find out the right way.. wish you the best man, hope you'll get it fixed
Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
yeah, retrospect is a beautiful thing. i should have done the same thing.. would have taken a while for me to do the install but at least i wouldn't have this waiting or guessing game. plus the 1000 they charged for the install would be going towards more parts... oh well.. now i just have to focus on how i'm going to resolve all of this stuff.... i have a feeling i'm going to have a very hard time getting the performance shop to help me out with this stuff. they'll probably try to charge me for putting the stock stuff back in, even if they did F up. good thing we paid with a credit card; we have some level of protection if they're at fault for stuff. i hope it doesn't actually become a legal issue. i dunno though. i wouldn't be surprised of anything now.

edit: my bad for saying "stuff" a billion times. i'm not in a writing-oriented state of mind right now lol
dude, you HAVE to have the shop fix what they did, none of the parts you had where faulty, it was an install error, and they need to fix it, infact they should refund part of their install cost for being a burden on you. and possibly damaging your car. you didnt sign a waiver when you brought the car in did you? if not then the car is there responsibilty.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
dude that SUcks!! I hope you will get your car working, it sounds to me though that the shop f'cked w/ the install, the hardest part of having your car done in a performance shop is that some installer pretend or act like they know it all, they neglect things, troubleshoot and experiment on the car having the attitude 'leave it to me" when in fact they are noobs that refuse to find out the right way.. wish you the best man, hope you'll get it fixed
thanks man. i got an uneasy feeling when i was talking to the tech last week after he initially put it in and he said something to the effect of "this turbo kit is the nicest i've ever seen.. used to be a kit i installed on a Z, but this takes over... i haven't worked on tC's besides putting springs on them, though. i haven't read up much on performance stuff with them." at that point i was just hoping he didn't F anything up. although i don't know what i should have expected.. the first time he tried to put my CC A-pillar gauge pod on, he didn't take off the factory pillar... he just laid it over the stock pillar so half of the CC thing was practically overlapping the pillar and out the window

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!