Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/)
-   -   Turbonetics Turbo question (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/turbonetics-turbo-question-126443/)

Smokincivics 01-30-2008 03:20 AM

Turbonetics Turbo question

I am considering getting the Turbonetics Turbo kit and i would like to hear from poeple that have the kit or had or know anything about. The reliablity and the power gains thank you. An pictures please show.

Mightygnu 01-30-2008 03:23 AM

A lot of people are going to say that it really hasn't worked out for them and they have gone through turbo's like no other.

If you are looking to spend a lot less for a way better kit, check my signature!

Smokincivics 01-30-2008 03:25 AM

yea but i dont plan to go crazy and do other crap and personaly i dont beat on my car would that make a dfference

Mightygnu 01-30-2008 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Smokincivics
yea but i dont plan to go crazy and do other crap and personaly i dont beat on my car would that make a dfference

Well some people have gone through three turbo's with their turbonetics kit and some have gone through zero. It is an alright kit, i personally don't like it, and Dezod has the best customer service in the world.

Let me know if you are interested in my Dezod kit, it won't let you down.

Smokincivics 01-30-2008 03:40 AM

so it a kit or miss situation, yea but the turbonetics warreties the motor and tranny and i dont have to tune it.

Mightygnu 01-30-2008 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Smokincivics
so it a kit or miss situation, yea but the turbonetics warreties the motor and tranny and i dont have to tune it.

To be honest, I haven't heard great things about the Turbonetics Turbo kit, and I know a few people who have had it that have had quite a bit of issues. The reason they have decide to provide a warrenty with their kit, is because no one would purchase it do to all the problems they were having and they lost so much business they were forced to do this.

Also, it is not completely true that you do not have to tune it, they provide a base tune, which is not location specific. Also there are very few Unichip tuners compared to Greddy Emanage tuners. The base tune is ok, but you should not be getting very boost happy as the Air pressure, and altitude seriously affects your tune.

Once again, let me know if you are interested!

mospeedtc 01-30-2008 03:48 AM

I am one of those ppl who never had a problem with the kit. I LOVE IT!!!!! They have a 1 yr warranty on the kit and they offer a 3yr/36k mile powertrain warranty for a small fee. Being bias but it my fav kit and it looks great

Smokincivics 01-30-2008 03:50 AM

thanks bro will concider advice

Mightygnu 01-30-2008 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
I am one of those ppl who never had a problem with the kit. I LOVE IT!!!!! They have a 1 yr warranty on the kit and they offer a 3yr/36k mile powertrain warranty for a small fee. Being bias but it my fav kit and it looks great

Congrats. It is a great looking kit regardless of some of the people who have had problems.

Personally, I just loved being able to personalize my kit, therefore went with Dezod!

mospeedtc 01-30-2008 03:59 AM

^ I understand, the tnetics kit just happens to fit my preference on the mark. Wouldnt change anything about it except maybe they could include the new GTK turbo. that thing looks sweet.

Mightygnu 01-30-2008 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
^ I understand, the tnetics kit just happens to fit my preference on the mark. Wouldnt change anything about it except maybe they could include the new GTK turbo. that thing looks sweet.

Yes, the GTK series is quite nice.

BuddhasTC 01-30-2008 04:57 AM

Dezod signature kit with AEM f/ic engine management (the best piggyback) with the dezod spec turbo T3/T67 = $4620

Dezod S1 tuner turbo kit with AEM f/ic engine management and the Dezod spec'd T3/T4 turbo = $4300

Turbonetics Turbo kit with unichip (not really that good, and yes it still needs a tune as the pre-tune on it causes you to run rich...probably causing so many turbos to go bad) = $4000 @ turbokits.com

Greddy turbo kit with greddy emanage ultimate = $4400

Turbo toyotas kit with greddy emanage = $4500

Treadstone turbo kit with greddy emanage = $3800 (but you need to cut your crash bar for the intercooler)

Sound Performance kit with apexi neo = $4500

now with a good tune, these kits should go between 250-280 whp on 8.5 psi...IMO the kit that offers the best of everything for your car and engine...is the dezod kit. Now, i've never dealt with dezod yet...probably because i live in fear of the cali laws...but after all the things i've seen on this site over the last 2 years...they seem to have the best kit...not necessarily for the numbers...but for the prolonged engine life and turbo life and the best fit for the tC's engine bay

Mightygnu 01-30-2008 04:59 AM

Ty, you forgot the most inexpensive kit.

Mightygnu's Dezod Kit = $3500

I made 308.5WHP @ 8.9psi

Thanks for the price breakdown Ty!

BuddhasTC 01-30-2008 05:04 AM

^^my bad chris. I wanted to help him out with the most unbiased breakdown possible...even though i am biased towards dezod...but at least this shows some more info

mospeedtc 01-30-2008 05:08 AM

Tnetics kit goes for a hole grand less than listed FYI.

Mightygnu 01-30-2008 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by BuddhasTC
^^my bad chris. I wanted to help him out with the most unbiased breakdown possible...even though i am biased towards dezod...but at least this shows some more info

haha. thanks ty!

BuddhasTC 01-30-2008 05:16 AM

alright mospeed...i found it at turbokits.com for 4k or 3995 to be exact and that was the lowest

tlonas 01-30-2008 05:20 AM

Ive had the kit for about six months now with no problems and love it

mospeedtc 01-30-2008 05:23 AM

Thats where I bought it!!!! Sry didnt mean to sound picky but just want info to be right...

Mightygnu 01-30-2008 05:24 AM

Regardless of what kit you buy, make sure you are happy with it.