Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TurboToyotas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TurboToyotas?

Where have Todd been? I haven't seen him here in awhile I think. Sad thing is I also heard a lot of ____ty shipping ethics about them. I am really considering buying the V2.1 (Is it ACTUALLY Equal Length? First runner looks longest and last runner looks shorter, see picture below), 3" downpipe/s-pipe for my NEXT mod along with 3" custom exhaust with my HKS Carbon-Ti muffler (I am NOT going from 3" downpipe/s-pipe to my 2.25" Magnaflow Catback, haha). Will I have to modify the intake piping and the first intercooler piping as the manifold is hanging lower than my log style manifold? Please help me out here. I am keeping my turbo for now as it can handle 400WHP or so. But, yea, should I order from them? And please help me out on my concerns as I have listed.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

buy that whole kit and give what you have to me ha ha

have you improved your times at bandemiere yet?
Old 11-06-2008, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from the looks of it, todd is getting back on his feet, and out the hole he was in, i say go for it. i hope my kit come's in soon
Old 11-06-2008, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

my kit ships next week!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive had no problems with todd
he did ship my stuff slowly, but he gave way more than i asked for
he polished my mani for free (i was the 1st)
threw in all these t shirts, dog tags, and a wall poster thingy
discounted me like 400 bucks
and anwsered all my calls
Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
my kit ships next week!
Is this what he has told you? If so I wouldn't count on it my kit was suppose to ship tommorrow for the last three months and I am still waiting on other parts that were promissed they would make it to me by late June.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Been waiting since July here. I probably only have 1/3 of the parts I need. If I were you, I would wait a few months until Todd gets his stuff together. He is supposedly going to be back on top of things with no wait time, so I would wait until that happens before sending him any money.

Soon, PTuning will have their new kit out, race tested and proven. I would definitely wait and see what they come out with because EVERYTHING PTuning makes is from the highest quality and workmanship. I'd definitely would keep an eye out for them. I personally would buy their new kit if I wasn't already locked into one from TT.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Hopefully todd will be back sooner with a better TT.. BUt I agree that ptuning kit might be a very good option with the kind of R&D they are doing and race proven too.. but I expect the price will be high too, if you look at the good stuff it comes with. My guess it will be 5-6K
Old 11-06-2008, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
Hopefully todd will be back sooner with a better TT.. BUt I agree that ptuning kit might be a very good option with the kind of R&D they are doing and race proven too.. but I expect the price will be high too, if you look at the good stuff it comes with. My guess it will be 5-6K
At this point in time, I wouldn't mind paying that extra money. As the saying goes, time is money. You pay a little more for R&D, testing, and a race proven product, it simply doesn't get any better than that. Oh well, maybe ONLY a 2 week shipping time at most. Beats my 17+ week wait and still counting.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

sure is worth spending for.. not just within reach for many
Old 11-06-2008, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^And that is the problem with SL. Always crying about getting the good stuff, but don't want the good stuff price. Not going to happen. So, they make all these demands to change this, change that....and in the end...never buy.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

if only scion owners would be bigger spenders than they are now then it would boost the growth of more aftermarket parts. Cant ask too much though for the scion price range, not many can spend so much on the car..
Old 11-06-2008, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

If I didn't have a deal with Todd, I would have waited for the PTuning street kit.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
^^And that is the problem with ScionLife. Always crying about getting the good stuff, but don't want the good stuff price. Not going to happen. So, they make all these demands to change this, change that....and in the end...never buy.
The demands/never buying thing is one thing. But how many people actually can spend thousands on a car after buying a $13-14k (used) or $17k (new)? Honestly, if I had the cash to spend out of my wallet to buy all these high-priced things to put on my econobox, I would have probably bought a $25-30k car from the start. Don't get me wrong, I love my car and will mod it with as high-quality parts as I can afford, but $5-6k on a turbo kit? That's worth a third of the car lol.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Twilight2ner
^^And that is the problem with ScionLife. Always crying about getting the good stuff, but don't want the good stuff price. Not going to happen. So, they make all these demands to change this, change that....and in the end...never buy.
The demands/never buying thing is one thing. But how many people actually can spend thousands on a car after buying a $13-14k (used) or $17k (new)? Honestly, if I had the cash to spend out of my wallet to buy all these high-priced things to put on my econobox, I would have probably bought a $25-30k car from the start. Don't get me wrong, I love my car and will mod it with as high-quality parts as I can afford, but $5-6k on a turbo kit? That's worth a third of the car lol.
I bought a tC so I can dump some money into it, to make it decimate cars that are $25-30k.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I bought a tC so I can dump some money into it, to make it decimate cars that are $25-30k.
My congrats to you for having deep pockets lol.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ x2.. If bought a nicer car stock then i prolly wouldnt be able to dump that much money on the more expensive car.. the tc is nice, affordable and good start as a car enthusiast IMO.. If i mod let say 350z do some stuff on it and destroy it then i would be done lol
Old 11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

um.... so whats your view on people buying a cheaper car and buying wheels/parts that are around or MORE then the price they paid for their car ?

what about the people that have that $5000 civic with the $4000 turbo, $3000 wheels/tires, $1500-2000 suspension?

thats weak it comes down to the fact that 90% of scion tC owners are cheap kids who would rather replace cheap low quality parts more often then buying the right stuff the first time...

i myself would love to see Higher quality stuff that will preform better, last longer and have bigger results then the large amount of cheap low quality/ebay brand CRAP that is available for te car.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agreed been on here long enough to see it go bad many times. if im gonna do it im gonna do it right
Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
um.... so whats your view on people buying a cheaper car and buying wheels/parts that are around or MORE then the price they paid for their car ?

what about the people that have that $5000 civic with the $4000 turbo, $3000 wheels/tires, $1500-2000 suspension?

thats weak it comes down to the fact that 90% of scion tC owners are cheap kids who would rather replace cheap low quality parts more often then buying the right stuff the first time...

i myself would love to see Higher quality stuff that will preform better, last longer and have bigger results then the large amount of cheap low quality/ebay brand CRAP that is available for te car.
I agree that buying eBay parts and expecting your ____ not to stink is stupid.

If spending a few grand on a car and then bringing it up to pay with $10k in aftermarket parts is your thing, do your thing pimp.

Quick Reply: TurboToyotas?