Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Went to the dyno today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Went to the dyno today...

So i finally got the injectors and everything else straightened out, and headed to get the car dyno tuned today, and wouldnt you know it i have the wrong spring in my wastgate and i pulled almost 12psi needless to say that totally maxxed out the stock MAF sensor and leaned out like a biotch.... so now i need to find the right wastegate spring and they dont have another opening for two weeks

*ARGHH* I'm so anxious!
On a side note though can anyone confirm whether or not the boost pressure sensor helps with partial throttle tuning? (emanage ultimate...)
Old 04-05-2007, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the boost pressure sensor will not help with partial throttle tuning...

only the dezod black box can do that
Old 04-05-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not so sure of that, talk to zpi they dont run the lil black box and they can do it, some way some how i have no clue i myself am trying to tune with the blue box. Talk to them they can help.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

imo zpi < dezod. they made the black box for a reason. so simplify the partial throttle problem a lot of people come across. soon enough when i get $$ for it, im trusting dezod with anything to do with performance for my tC and noone else. i may even consider driving to FL to have htem install and tune (if paul doesnt mind :D )

do you and your car a favor and get the black box and then you wont have to worry about if your fuel delivery is good or not.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well (obviously) ive already purchased the ZPI kit and installed it so dezod isnt an option :-p and i think both companies are great personally but im still debating on the black box
Old 04-05-2007, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want to richen up AFR at partial throttle while under boost, get the black box. the emanage with pressure sensor will not control partial throttle AFR.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
imo zpi < dezod. they made the black box for a reason. so simplify the partial throttle problem a lot of people come across. soon enough when i get $$ for it, im trusting dezod with anything to do with performance for my tC and noone else. i may even consider driving to FL to have htem install and tune (if paul doesnt mind :D )

do you and your car a favor and get the black box and then you wont have to worry about if your fuel delivery is good or not.

ZPI > Dezod... imo of course

Let me know when you get that Dezod kit Dave. So, you can come through TN on your way home and play a little Chase with me...
Old 04-06-2007, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by satoman44
if you want to richen up AFR at partial throttle while under boost, get the black box. the emanage with pressure sensor will not control partial throttle AFR.
Originally Posted by mike6789k

Why is this still in question? YOU DO NOT NEED THE " BLACK BOX " TO TUNE PARTIAL THROTTLE! PERIOD!

With the E-manage blue, and the greddy pressure sensor, you are able to tune to car to actual boost. what does this mean? you can partial throttle boost from 1-6 psi and your A/F ratio will AUTOMATICALY ajust.

When im driving normaly, i see about 14 - 15 AFR. As soon as i slightly get on the gas and see anywere from 1-3 pounds of boost, my AFR is in the 12's. When i see from 3-6 PSI, my AFR is in the 10.5 - 11's.

SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE PRESSURE SENSOR?

Does everyone here like paying more money for no reason?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Originally Posted by satoman44
Originally Posted by mike6789k

Why is this still in question? YOU DO NOT NEED THE " BLACK BOX " TO TUNE PARTIAL THROTTLE! PERIOD!

With the E-manage blue, and the greddy pressure sensor, you are able to tune to car to actual boost. what does this mean? you can partial throttle boost from 1-6 psi and your A/F ratio will AUTOMATICALY ajust.

When im driving normaly, i see about 14 - 15 AFR. As soon as i slightly get on the gas and see anywere from 1-3 pounds of boost, my AFR is in the 12's. When i see from 3-6 PSI, my AFR is in the 10.5 - 11's.

SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE PRESSURE SENSOR?

Does everyone here like paying more money for no reason?

Isn't this what I've BEEN trying to tell people.....
Old 04-06-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im just confused now..

blackbox is needed or not? if it wasnt why would dezod spend time and money developing it when the pressure sensor can do it...
Old 04-06-2007, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by miamiBASS
Im just confused now..

blackbox is needed or not? if it wasnt why would dezod spend time and money developing it when the pressure sensor can do it...
You DO NOT need the black box.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Im just confused now..

Unless there is some miraculous way of tuning the e-manage that myself and countless other e-manage tuners DO NOT know, I have datalogged countless street and dyno runs on AEM, FJO, Innovate, PLX and countless other WB O2 sensors, easing into a throttle of an e-manage tuned car and ALWAYS have seen 14.7 or a high 13 AFR on low throttle only making 1-4 lbs (18-40%) throttle.

I would love to see a datalog of the wideband O2 showing these acclaimed AFRs. I DO NOT want to see realtime because flash over and such along with sync accuracy is typically off, and sometimes by a lot.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

02 sensors?

I dont use those
Old 04-06-2007, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Im just confused now..

Unless there is some miraculous way of tuning the e-manage that myself and countless other e-manage tuners DO NOT know, I have datalogged countless street and dyno runs on AEM, FJO, Innovate, PLX and countless other WB O2 sensors, easing into a throttle of an e-manage tuned car and ALWAYS have seen 14.7 or a high 13 AFR on low throttle only making 1-4 lbs (18-40%) throttle.

I would love to see a datalog of the wideband O2 showing these acclaimed AFRs. I DO NOT want to see realtime because flash over and such along with sync accuracy is typically off, and sometimes by a lot.

Of these numerous tunings you were doing, Any of them with the Pressure Sensor?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Im just confused now..

The Black Box is not the first of its kind. There are other devices that do the same thing. Like turbos. Different turbos, but they all make boost.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:32 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Im just confused now..

90% where.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ZPI must be the only ones that know how to do it then.

Paul...

What exactly does you black box do specifically to the electronics of the car?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Let me know when you get that Dezod kit Dave. So, you can come through TN on your way home and play a little Chase with me...
you know it man, when i drive to FL to have paul get me my kit and tune it, by then ill save up to get a couple other things get a nice tune, and then stop by TN and we can make a couple of those vids you like. and at the end can we get a close up of that single tear falling from your eye?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Im just confused now..

90% where.

According to its description, it tunes Part Throttle boost (based on PSI). If that's not the case, then what purpose does it server exactly in order for people to equip it onto their vehicles?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you know it man, when i drive to FL to have paul get me my kit and tune it, by then ill save up to get a couple other things get a nice tune, and then stop by TN and we can make a couple of those vids you like. and at the end can we get a close up of that single tear falling from your eye?
tears?

If in some magical way you beat travis, brian will be right behind waiting to make you wish you went ZPI.

Didnt you hear about the viper kill? 2 car lengths was it travis?

Quick Reply: Went to the dyno today...