Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Went to the dyno today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
imo zpi < dezod. they made the black box for a reason. so simplify the partial throttle problem a lot of people come across. soon enough when i get $$ for it, im trusting dezod with anything to do with performance for my tC and noone else. i may even consider driving to FL to have htem install and tune (if paul doesnt mind :D )

do you and your car a favor and get the black box and then you wont have to worry about if your fuel delivery is good or not.

ZPI > Dezod... imo of course

Let me know when you get that Dezod kit Dave. So, you can come through TN on your way home and play a little Chase with me...
you know it man, when i drive to FL to have paul get me my kit and tune it, by then ill save up to get a couple other things get a nice tune, and then stop by TN and we can make a couple of those vids you like. and at the end can we get a close up of that single tear falling from your eye?

OOAHAaaa...You got Jokes? You forget where the Big guns Play... Hey, you should make it down to the ShootOut. Even if you don't have the kit on by then.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

dude travis, at the rate im goin ill be 40 before i can aford turbo unless paul feels REALLY REALLY bad for me and wants to take me under his wings

hint hint paul

and YES i said tears. lots of them, from TRAVIS' EYES! nobody scares me. ill tell paul i want to dominate, and see what he does. it wont be an outta the box turbo kit lets say that. and it will be pretty too unlike ZPI's kits

jk jk that was a low blow.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

dude travis, at the rate im goin ill be 40 before i can aford turbo unless paul feels REALLY REALLY bad for me and wants to take me under his wings

hint hint paul

and YES i said tears. lots of them, from TRAVIS' EYES! nobody scares me. ill tell paul i want to dominate, and see what he does. it wont be an outta the box turbo kit lets say that. and it will be pretty too unlike ZPI's kits

unlike ZPI's?

I would think that this looks alot better than most setups out there:

Old 04-06-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
tears?

If in some magical way you beat travis, brian will be right behind waiting to make you wish you went ZPI.

Didnt you hear about the viper kill? 2 car lengths was it travis?

Well it was 1 car length, but who's bragging anyway... Brand New Vipers....Sheesh...I eat those for breakfast..

OK...Ok...Brian Does, but I'll "GET ON HIS LEVEL" in the not so distant future.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

hint hint paul

Maybe you should come to the ZPI ShootOut and win a turbocharger like we did...
Old 04-06-2007, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hmm.. that could work, then i could get it and sell it then get dezod :D not a bad idea!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hint hint paul

unlike ZPI's?

I would think that this looks alot better than most setups out there:

sure the colors are pretty but i dont like the way the pipes look sorry, not my cup o tea =/
Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

sure the colors are pretty but i dont like the way the pipes look sorry, not my cup o tea =/

That's ok, because the only pipe you really would get to see anyway would be the one sticking out from the rear bumper blowing exhaust gases on your ride....

All is fair in Love and War.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
SL Member

when did you beat a viper???
Old 04-06-2007, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ and why isnt there a video? you've always got vids!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
when did you beat a viper???

Me beat a Viper....Not yet anyway.

But I know a certain someone that did... And it was with a Scion tC. Viper lost by a car length.

Originally Posted by tCrew_R
^^ and why isnt there a video? you've always got vids!

No vid, because it was a spur of the moment race.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oh oh, lol.

see what happens when i talk travis? hahaha.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

That's ok, because the only pipe you really would get to see anyway would be the one sticking out from the rear bumper blowing exhaust gases on your ride....

ahh travis your too much, too much i tell you
Old 04-07-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

ahh travis your too much, too much i tell you
Aint I a Stinker!
Old 04-07-2007, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
the boost pressure sensor will not help with partial throttle tuning...

only the dezod black box can do that
ummmm no...
Old 04-07-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by miamiBASS
Im just confused now..

blackbox is needed or not? if it wasnt why would dezod spend time and money developing it when the pressure sensor can do it...
You DO NOT need the black box.
Unless there is some miraculous way of tuning the e-manage that myself and countless other e-manage tuners DO NOT know, I have datalogged countless street and dyno runs on AEM, FJO, Innovate, PLX and countless other WB O2 sensors, easing into a throttle of an e-manage tuned car and ALWAYS have seen 14.7 or a high 13 AFR on low throttle only making 1-4 lbs (18-40%) throttle.

I would love to see a datalog of the wideband O2 showing these acclaimed AFRs. I DO NOT want to see realtime because flash over and such along with sync accuracy is typically off, and sometimes by a lot.
Actually yeah, there is a way besides purchasing a black box. Intense has tested it since the proto was finished on my car. It lets the e-manage fully adjust partial throttle a/f and the ecu does not auto adjust. Very cool stuff. Logged hundreds of miles back and forth to my house checking it out and it works mang You can have the secret by simply wire transfering $5,000 over to my account hahaha. Makes the e-manage ultimate really shine. Not quite a standalone but for the price it is DARN good and accurate now.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by miamiBASS
Im just confused now..

blackbox is needed or not? if it wasnt why would dezod spend time and money developing it when the pressure sensor can do it...
You DO NOT need the black box.
Unless there is some miraculous way of tuning the e-manage that myself and countless other e-manage tuners DO NOT know, I have datalogged countless street and dyno runs on AEM, FJO, Innovate, PLX and countless other WB O2 sensors, easing into a throttle of an e-manage tuned car and ALWAYS have seen 14.7 or a high 13 AFR on low throttle only making 1-4 lbs (18-40%) throttle.

I would love to see a datalog of the wideband O2 showing these acclaimed AFRs. I DO NOT want to see realtime because flash over and such along with sync accuracy is typically off, and sometimes by a lot.
Actually yeah, there is a way besides purchasing a black box. Intense has tested it since the proto was finished on my car. It lets the e-manage fully adjust partial throttle a/f and the ecu does not auto adjust. Very cool stuff. Logged hundreds of miles back and forth to my house checking it out and it works mang You can have the secret by simply wire transfering $5,000 over to my account hahaha. Makes the e-manage ultimate really shine. Not quite a standalone but for the price it is DARN good and accurate now.
:o

You mean to tell me travis and i are not the only ones that know this is true?

for a second i thought i was going

Shoot, i partial boost all the time. NO PROBLEMS
Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i would like to clear up some misconceptions here. the black box is not an item that dezod whittled out of wheat. it has been around for a while and is not specifically for our vehicle. now im not knocking on the because it does what i wanted it to do.

my car had partial throttle issues. i DONT run a greddy boost sensor though so i cant comment on whether that works. but it is to my understanding the the car runs off the stock 02 sensor below 4300 rpms and this ties into grounds that the emanage does not compensate for.

in the end fix all of your problems and go stand alone, its out now. i personally like my setup now and will stay with it unless i come across a decent amount of money then i will blow by every tc out there. when i can afford it 3 jet engines mounted on the rear for the win. rados tc has nothing on that lol.

but on a real note, the black box worked for me. thats all i care about.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yes the black box does work perfectly! Just not needed for partial throttle tuning. Some other tricks involved besides just the pressure switch however you can make it work with just the pressure switch.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it were so easy to just change a tune on the blue emanage using PARTIAL throttle and a pressure sensor than we would have done so.

We sold the black box to owner's of ALL turbo kits. This includes our Dezod kits, ZPI, GReddy, and Turbonetics. If there's been another easy and cheap solution out there why hasn't it been brought to the Scion community then?

We tested out many tunes for the car, and on more than one car. Not once did we get the air fuel ratios we needed to have a driveable A/F ratio for the best reliability and street driveability.

On another note, have you seen one customer of our black box say this didn't work for them or that they found some other less expensive way that does the exact same thing?

Please stop jacking every single thread turning the forums into a debate of Dezod vs ZPI. It's getting rediculous. Both companies posess great merits to the Scion comminity AND industry.

Whocares... you make no sense! You say you have a way of tuning your A/F values without a black box to get the right air fuel numbers you need, but then you say you don't need o2 sensors? Mind telling me how you know the AFRs are so dead on?

Garage1217, I understand you're using greddy electronics as well. You're using the ultimate correct?

Basically guys, let's address the topic of this thread and keep on point. To those people that favor one company over the other; that's fine. Just don't let loyalties change or mislead people from what the correct information is.

This went from the poor guy spiking 12psi to people positng up pictures of ZPI kits and how they think it looks so much better than others, and the kill stories they have. Make your own thread for that and help the thread starter out.

Quick Reply: Went to the dyno today...