Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

What Parts do I need to have to Turbo out my tC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What Parts do I need to have to Turbo out my tC?

This is what I will be ordering:

Dezod T3/T04 Spec'd Turbo
Dezod Stainless Steel TIG Welded Turbo Manifold
TiAL 38mm Wastegate w/ a .6 BAR Spring (8.7 PSI)
Dezod Mandrel Bent Charge Piping w/ AEM Dry-Flow Filtered Intake

Dezod Turbo Install Kit
Dezod 2.5" Stainless Steel downpipe w/ 2.5" S-Pipe
HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve
550cc injectors

Dezod Stainless Steel Braided Oil Feed Lines

Dezod Stainless Steel Oil Return Pan System
Dezod Large Bar & Plate Front Mount Intercooler
T-Bolts & Couplers
Plug N Play AEM FIC
Dezod Vac Manifold

That's off the Dezod site.... if you think a different turbo would be better let me know... my 07 Scion tC is stock except for my exhaust.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-22-2021 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 05-24-2010, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry but there is millionss of posts about what turbo to get...you just copied everything off of the dezod website...do some research...bc if your going to go turbo...than why are you getting the trd exhaust...you either should be going with a custom 2.5" exhaust or a custom 3" exhaust and both p-tuning and dezod motorsports both have the exhausts...do some research sorry its been told a million times that the search button does wonders
Old 05-24-2010, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kind of sounding like a dick there thanks... i said i copied it from there site.... and i did do some searching...

so far i changed some ____
dezod 2.5 size exhaust system
DC sport headers
stage four clutch
new fly wheel
Old 05-24-2010, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

LMFAO

He was actually trying to help you out because obviously you haven't done much searching or reading on the topic at all, if you did, you would be posting this is the tC Forced Induction and not the Owners Lounge. If you visit the tC Forced Induction Section and utilize the search function many of your questions would be answered, new ones will arise, you will see that some questions about what is "better" are hypothetical and will perhaps guide you to reading A LOT more before you attempt to boost in "2 weeks" and you post a month later something like THIS.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh em gee

you deff need the dc sport header (not headers our car only has one lol)
Old 05-24-2010, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont you need a turbo exhaust manifold when you have a turbo? because im pretty sure you cant even use a dc sport header right?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Sure he can use the header, open dump FTW

BTW what Stage 4 clutch are you getting?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Calm down with the turbo and do some reading. Take like a whole day and read through different build threads, it will help you tremendously.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

am still new on this site. ive been looking around this site for 4 hours learning things. it was a stage four clutch offered with the turbo kit off dezod site but was looking more into the street clutch they have. and whats up with the DC headers what would be better.?

also i know there more info on this site and am not trying to be lazy i am looking around i just like hearing every ones input on this subject because maybe some things have changed since they last posted. so am trying to hear what everyone thinks now by posting it now....

Thanks so let me hear what you would do if it was you

do i need a new ECU like a stinger?
what would be the best turbo timer
and which gauges would be the best to get for a triple pillar

but i dunno if someone can really help me out someway am in SD or send me a friend request or something i dunno i want to do this the right way and learn this real good and really get into this alot...

Last edited by tCrazy619; 05-24-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCrazy619
am still new on this site. ive been looking around this site for 4 hours learning things. it was a stage four clutch offered with the turbo kit off dezod site but was looking more into the street clutch they have.
Look at the link in my sig, you'll see why you don't want that clutch. Get an Exedy Stage 2.

and whats up with the DC headers what would be better.?
You don't use a header with a turbo.

also i know there more info on this site and am not trying to be lazy i am looking around i just like hearing every ones input on this subject because maybe some things have changed since they last posted. so am trying to hear what everyone thinks now by posting it now....
Nothing has changed

I would read more

You do realize the turbo kit you're looking at comes with a piggyback management system right?? The AEM F/IC

...tired of writing...read more
Old 05-24-2010, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

am still new on this site. ive been looking around this site for 4 hours learning things. it was a stage four clutch offered with the turbo kit off dezod site but was looking more into the street clutch they have. and whats up with the DC headers what would be better.?

what would be the best turbo timer
and which gauges would be the best to get for a triple pillar

but i dunno if someone can really help me out someway am in SD or send me a friend request or something i dunno i want to do this the right way and learn this real good and really get into this alot...

omggg lmao...first of all i wasnt being a dick its just the facts bro....do some research...if you cant find anything than fine post a topic...and you REALLY need to do your research on turbos in all honestly...bc if you dont even kno what it is or what is consists of...i wouldnt even turbo your car....your saying dc sport header(srry found that quite funny )...well if your turboing you dont need header...the turbo manifold is what will be replacing your header...and the computer...as it states from dezods website is the AEM FIC...search than turbo...thats all we ask....your going to turbo your car and get dicked over by tuners bc you dont kno anything and people will overcharge you for installing it and what not...were not being dicks on here so get that outta your mind were trying to help you...there is a separate section for forced induction with plenty of info...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kk cool thanks my bad for calling you a dick haha. and am getting use to what all of this is i did read up on the turbo and the reason why i asked about the stinger was i didnt know if i needed a better one or what
Old 05-24-2010, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

you could go with something like this... i like it

Old 05-24-2010, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trust us...dont turbo your car in "2 weeks" wait a couple months do research than turbo....bc the price on the website is not going to be the final price...you have to look into the tune(resonable and good tune goes for about $500)...install will cost you money i'd say at least $1000(dont really kno i did it myself) or free if your mechanically inclined....gauges(least $200 just for a wideband and another say $300-$400 for boost and oil pressure?) just research thats all bc your only hurting yourself in the end
Old 05-24-2010, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i hear you... also i hear that i want to keep my PSI to like 7 or 8 because this is also my everyday driving car. what would be best to keep my car lasting
Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check this out

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/for...lay.php?f=1645 research....youll be fine on that psi...people are on 12 psi DD but tune is good just click that link and read thats all
Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skeeeett
trust us...dont turbo your car in "2 weeks" wait a couple months do research than turbo....bc the price on the website is not going to be the final price...you have to look into the tune(resonable and good tune goes for about $500)...install will cost you money i'd say at least $1000(dont really kno i did it myself) or free if your mechanically inclined....gauges(least $200 just for a wideband and another say $300-$400 for boost and oil pressure?) just research thats all bc your only hurting yourself in the end
absolutly agree...

there are so many options for you and your car...
not taking anything at all from dezod. but you might end up liking another companies set up...
just shop around... i had to shop around for 3 months before i actually descided on a kit....
what ever company or companies you go with.
YOU DO NOT WANT TO RUSH THIS... YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR GETTING YOURSELF INTO. and make your best decision based on fact and not a forums a opinion...
happy shopping...

if you need any other questions answered.. feel free
Old 05-24-2010, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

yeah i hear you... also i hear that i want to keep my PSI to like 7 or 8 because this is also my everyday driving car. what would be best to keep my car lasting
psi isn't what hurts you,
its how much power you have,
its not being tuned right.
say if you have a small turbo and your running 8 psi you might only be at 245 whp.. now if you have a 57 trim your gonna add 50 whp at the same psi.. so its really what you want your goals to be

i was on 8 psi @ 303 whp and my car seemed perfect..
and since boost is like crack i turned it up to 12 psi.. and seems like it hasn't missed a beat...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

if u want to keep ur car running for a long time, dont turbo it. u got to pay to play...

Speed, Reliability, Affordability.. take ur pick, u only get to pick two

never boost on a budget either, ur gonna screw urself over. Also ur not going to hit the same numbers as other people if u do not factor in a new catback exhaust, S-pipe, and fuel pump. Plus other people have wheels with tires that actually grip, so if u planning to go at a dig, all ur gonna get is wheel spin.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

closing because every thing you asked is already answered here if you just use the search and take the time to read the information on this site