Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

WTB - Cheapest AEM Wideband IN STOCK??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WTB - Cheapest AEM Wideband IN STOCK??

There was a sponsor on here for $260 shipped, but they are not in stock. Any other good lead except ebay? May have to go that route before the end of the week. D'oh.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's an old thread (january) but it looks like ZPI has some in stock. Of course, you'd probably have to ask before ordering to be sure. And the price isn't really near $260... but worth a shot?

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99919
Old 02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TurboCustomz comes through like the peoples champ! - $255 shipped baby.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mattssi
TurboCustomz comes through like the peoples champ! - $255 shipped baby.
I'll second that. They're all over Ebay for $260 shipped. Normally I wouldn't buy anything there but that's a great deal for an AEM wideband.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

That's also well below AEM MAP pricing. Hope he doesn't get caught.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How else can the ebay stores and the like get them that cheap? $245+$10/$15 shipping?

Not that I'm gonna argue
Old 02-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

How else can the ebay stores and the like get them that cheap? $245+$10/$15 shipping?

Not that I'm gonna argue
Most Ebay stores are illegal vendors in GRAY market. Same applies, but no way to regulate it not like a company. They will call you up, or email you and say raise your price to a minimum of $xxx. This is a warning. Most places give a warning, then issue some form of discipline then cancelation of your account.

Example of a MAP warning:

Originally Posted by map pricing
It has come to our attention that your website : www.XXXXcom is selling products made by our client XXXXX. We would like to take this time to offer your company an attractive opportunity to enhance your business model.

Net Enforcers, Inc., is a copyright, trademark, and brand protection company hired by XXXXX. Our Client has Internet policies that require Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) standards for their products being sold via the Internet. It appears that you are selling products on your website below our Client’s MAP guidelines. Our Client requests that you change the advertised pricing on your website to conform to their Internet MAP pricing policy. This pricing policy is attached for your reference.

You will receive immediate benefits from agreeing to our Client’s MAP policy. If you cooperate with this request, our client will grant you the right to use all of their copyrighted and trademarked intellectual property associated with their products on your website. This includes product text, product images, their logo, and any brand trademarks. You will also be able to offer your customers a full manufacturer’s warranty by maintaining Authorized Internet Dealer status.

Even while participating in MAP, you retain the ability to be price competitive. MAP pricing only pertains to your publicized Internet prices (such as those listed on your website). You can still be very price competitive against other sellers in your market by advising them to call your company for the best price or offering price match guarantees. You set your final sale price however you choose. You simply agree to keep your advertised prices in line with our Client’s Internet MAP policy.

Having the lowest price on the Internet is not always the most attractive to Internet consumers. Consumers are concerned with the legitimacy of the website, the manufacturer warranty that comes with a product, and the overall reliability of the company that they are purchasing from. By teaming with our Client to become an Authorized Internet Dealer, you significantly improve your position by leveraging the value of our Client’s brand name, product support, and warranty. Because you still have the ability to sell at any price you see fit and offer price matching guarantees, this creates a win-win situation for you and your consumers.

If your company does not wish to cooperate with this MAP pricing program, our Client demands that you remove all of their intellectual property from your website. This includes all copyrighted product images, copyrighted text, false statements of manufacturers warranty (fraud), display of trademarked client logos, and any other property belonging to our Client. Please confirm your compliance promptly, or this matter will be referred to our enforcement department for further action.

We hope you choose to take advantage of this opportunity and become an Authorized Internet Dealer of our Client. All you have to do in order to receive these benefits is to update your prices to follow our Client’s MAP pricing schedule and email us to let us know that this is completed.

If you have any questions about our Client’s MAP Pricing program and the benefits of being an Authorized Internet Dealer, please contact us via email. Phone calls can not be returned as we must have documented communication to avoid any confusion.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It says this...
Even while participating in MAP, you retain the ability to be price competitive. MAP pricing only pertains to your publicized Internet prices (such as those listed on your website). You can still be very price competitive against other sellers in your market by advising them to call your company for the best price or offering price match guarantees. You set your final sale price however you choose. You simply agree to keep your advertised prices in line with our Client’s Internet MAP policy.

So, I assume its ok as long as its not advertised on the site for less.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

It says this...

So, I assume its ok as long as its not advertised on the site for less.
More or less, however still not liked by the manufacturer. Ultimately the seller is cutting his/her own throat and shorting themselves revenue. The manufacturer makes the sale regardless if the seller sells it at $1 or $1000 over the their cost.

Some manufacturers are more liberal about this than others.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paul,

MAP pricing only applies to vendors that are direct with that company and sell their product in quantity to the public. I can sell a single wideband that I have on the shelf at my shop for whatever price that I wish.

If you would like, I can wholesale them to you for an excellent price as well. Thanks for your concern though.

Charles
Old 02-21-2006, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not to take away from ya...if you froogle it there was a site that was selling it for $190+shipping.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
Paul,

MAP pricing only applies to vendors that are direct with that company and sell their product in quantity to the public.
Not true Charles. MAP applies, each manufacturer is different, who ever sells their product as a legal entity with intent to resale.

I am not trying to start a fight...........So in your theory, it would be better to buy from a WD or rebuy through a chain organization rather than direct not have to deal with MAP? No true. By using an image or anything even involving AEM's name is technically their intellectual property for rights to you to use through an unspoken, unsigned agreement, which might not be direct with AEM, nor the distributor but is implied and explicitly expressed.

No thanks, we do just fine on AEM products, I could have matched the price, but I will not hurt the bottom line and sacrifice my account for one small sale. Years ago we had a price violation for one company, and it was not pretty. So I will not ever do that again.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would have a VERY hard time believing that any place could sell them for 190 shipped and actually be selling the same product. Thats right about on par for direct AEM pricing with no middle man. I'd look into it further and make sure its not refurbished units or some of the older style that dont read the range that the new 6 in 1's read.

Just a thought,

Charles
Old 02-21-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you guys are all spoiled
The cheapest I have ever gotten an AEM wideband for was around $375...this was also at least a year ago to though
Old 02-21-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
I would have a VERY hard time believing that any place could sell them for 190 shipped and actually be selling the same product. Thats right about on par for direct AEM pricing with no middle man. I'd look into it further and make sure its not refurbished units or some of the older style that dont read the range that the new 6 in 1's read.

Just a thought,

Charles
yea its just the guage not the actual senor.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want to buy one legitimatly you can go here...
www.mentaladdictionmotorsports.com
they have it for 260 plus shipping. gauge and sensor. they make a lot of custom mazda parts and mazda turbo kits and are an amazing company. i dealt with them a lot when i had my mazdaspeed protege
Old 02-22-2006, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
you guys are all spoiled
The cheapest I have ever gotten an AEM wideband for was around $375...this was also at least a year ago to though
Well thanks for the AEM wideband. $250 shipped was a steal.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're the bastard who beat me to it! I was second in line taking it
Old 02-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Paul is right we can sell products for whatever we want but the advertised can only go so low. What ends up happening is you get the Ebay guys and non registered dealers selling products for WAY too cheap and it kills the market. When that happens the dealers start beating on the manufacture for a bigger discount to compete. It's all a huge cycle that ends up hurting the whole industry. Keep in mind that companies like AEM and Injen only warranty products bought through an actual dealer. So while it looks like a "good deal" it may end up costing you in the future.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by Simplyscion
you guys are all spoiled
Well thanks for the AEM wideband. $250 shipped was a steal.
you did get a price on it...I told you it was a steal at $250
Hope its going to a good home

Quick Reply: WTB - Cheapest AEM Wideband IN STOCK??