Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI stg0 Checklist

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
SL Member

Alright,...

TCPete,
As per your post, "BTW i don’t mind the stage 0 but i would adivse you to get the FMIC upgrade + emanage ultimate" , I totally see where you're coming, but if you REALLY think about it, i'd practically be running a stg1, no? I'm only saying this because the upgrade from stg0-stg1 is a FMIC, Emanage ult, and 550CC injt. For that, I'd be saving no money (per say), so i'd just hit up that GReddy you hold so dear... Pete, if you're friend Crippie can find me a tuner who can guarantee his work (and NOT F**K my CAR UP!!!), bro,… GReddy in a heartbeat. Well, not in a heartbeat, there’s still some stuff to consider, but most likely.
And about the BOV being the best part, … homey,.. I have the Turbo XS Hrfl… Have you heard that sh*t?! lol
imma try my best to swing buy, but I have class tonight. Any other night I woulda bailed, but we’re reviewing for finals tho’
(Gauges, I know- but damn,… they’re pricey_) I already about the AEM EUGO wideband which I hear is the most expensive gauge I’ll need, but..

Andrewgene,
You’re right about just going to stg1 from the get-go, saves money on upgrade equip. and installation overall.., but I don’t know how long I’d take me to come up with the extra money though. I can afford stg0 (without FMIC, and bigger injectors) right now, but chu’ know.
Sell my CAI? How much do you think I could get for that?
And no, I’m driving 5spd, and thanks for your support man_

Blown xa,
I felt the same way you did about this kit. I’ve had several GReddy products in the past, and lemme tell you… nothing but the best. But we’re talking F/I here, and maybe turbo isn’t their forte, but I’m out to find out. Stg0 dyno less than stock?! Ouch.. I don’t care what anyone says, even the THOUGHT of that is horrifying.

Rhythm,
When you say.. “Their Wastegates were faulty, and getting stuck, causing people who were on their way to the shop for tuning.....To Never Make it.” If I were to tune it the same place I install it, I shouldn’t have this problem?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well, i wasn't implying that you should wait and simply buy the stage 1. I was saying to buy the injectors along with the stage 0. If you don't get the injectors are you going to worry about them??? If you are constantly worrying then you won't enjoy your car as much.....just my .02. So my vote is to buy the stage 0 and, if you have enough, get the injectors.

And about what rhythm said, no, you wouldn't have that problem if you install it and tune it BEFORE it is driven ANYWHERE
Old 04-04-2007, 05:02 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by AndrewGene
well, i wasn't implying that you should wait and simply buy the stage 1. I was saying to buy the injectors along with the stage 0. If you don't get the injectors are you going to worry about them??? If you are constantly worrying then you won't enjoy your car as much.....just my .02. So my vote is to buy the stage 0 and, if you have enough, get the injectors.

And about what rhythm said, no, you wouldn't have that problem if you install it and tune it BEFORE it is driven ANYWHERE
Ah, yes.. I see
The thing is... personally... damn, it's that.. I don't even know

Alright, let me just say: The place i'm getting my kit installed HAS a dyno, and they're tuning it there. So rhythm, I hope this offers some sort of tranquility within

I think stg0 makes the most sense, but my gut is still telling me to go with GReddy.

1.) GReddy kit $2800
2.) Turbo XS BOV $180
3.) OPt.1 Emanage/440CC $636
-------
$3616 <--- it's do-able

4.) AEM ugo wideband $300
5.) Glow____ pod pillar $ 37
--------
$3953
6.) Boost gauge (still don't know which )
7.) Oil pressure gauge (still don't know which)
8.) Install/tune $1000
------
$4953 (w/o oil pressure, boost gauge)
Old 04-04-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AngrySnail

Ah, yes.. I see

Alright, let me just say: The place i'm getting my kit installed HAS a dyno, and they're tuning it there. So rhythm, I hope this offers some sort of tranquility within

I think stg0 makes the most sense, but my gut is still telling me to go with GReddy.

1.) GReddy kit 2800
2.) Turbo XS BOV 180
3.) OPt.1 Emanage/440CC 636
-------
3616 <--- it's do-able

4.) AEM ugo wideband 300
5.) Glow____ pod pillar 37
--------
6.) Boost gauge (still don't know which )<--get the defi blue racer gagues from egagues.com GREAT PRICES!
8.) Install/tune 1000
------
4953 (w/o oil pressure, boost gauge)
Old 04-04-2007, 06:03 PM
SL Member

What happened there, Jrod?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Rhythm,
When you say.. “Their Wastegates were faulty, and getting stuck, causing people who were on their way to the shop for tuning.....To Never Make it.” If I were to tune it the same place I install it, I shouldn’t have this problem?

You could have the best tune in the world. If your WG gets stuck and you over boost....."Kaboom".
Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Read reply above.

Secondly, you don't HAVE to have the injectors, NOR do you need to worry about the Stock ones runnin on a Stage 0.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ah, yes.. I see

1.) GReddy kit $2800
2.) Turbo XS BOV $180
3.) OPt.1 Emanage/440CC $636
-------
$3616 <--- it's do-able

4.) AEM ugo wideband $300
5.) Glow____ pod pillar $ 37
--------
$3953
6.) Boost gauge (still don't know which )
8.) Install/tune $1000
------
$4953 (w/o oil pressure, boost gauge)

ZPI Stage 0 = $2,199

ZPI Stage 1 = $3,999

Having one of the fastest kits out = Priceless.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright,...

TCPete,
As per your post, "BTW i don’t mind the stage 0 but i would adivse you to get the FMIC upgrade + emanage ultimate" , I totally see where you're coming, but if you REALLY think about it, i'd practically be running a stg1, no? I'm only saying this because the upgrade from stg0-stg1 is a FMIC, Emanage ult, and 550CC injt. For that, I'd be saving no money (per say), so i'd just hit up that GReddy you hold so dear... Pete, if you're friend Crippie can find me a tuner who can guarantee his work (and NOT F**K my CAR UP!!!), bro,… GReddy in a heartbeat. Well, not in a heartbeat, there’s still some stuff to consider, but most likely.
And about the BOV being the best part, … homey,.. I have the Turbo XS Hrfl… Have you heard that sh*t?! lol
imma try my best to swing buy, but I have class tonight. Any other night I woulda bailed, but we’re reviewing for finals tho’
(Gauges, I know- but damn,… they’re pricey_) I already about the AEM EUGO wideband which I hear is the most expensive gauge I’ll need, but..
yea but think of it this way.. whats going to cost you more...a FMIC upgrade or a new motor... better safe then sorry but if anything just focus on keeping thos intake temps down... and yes the same ppl who tuned my friends car can tune yours...they are good ppl and a reputable shop.. my friend has had his new tune for a while now and loves it.. it fixed alot of bogging and base map issues greddys kit sent because its not tuned for this particular wether and car...

we are at the meet very late at time until 12am lol.. so dont worry about getting their late.. and you can speak to denny himself if you ever get a chance to go... either kit ZPI or greddy will be fine.. i think all the turbo kits have had their issues from all the companies nothing can be exact all the time. and yes the aem is the most expensive but i dont like those smaller crappy companies out their with their guages.. i only suggest autometer since they are cheaper in some aspects VS. delfi,greddy,hks etc etc...the bigger brands...and autometer is 99% very reliable..

im not goint to say i love the greddy kit but i would prefer it over alot of other companies out their.. i like things from ZPI and i like things from greddy.. if i could i would mix and match lol.. but oh well... right now im on my all motor hunt to break 195 (almost their) but in mean time my old block will be sitting in my room being built for boost. either kits ZPI ro greddy will be a great buy.. what you do to make it last and work well for your needs is in your hands...

as long as you install everything correctly you shouldnt have to worry...

my friends greddy kit is a good example of a greddy kit installed and tuned the right way...

rythmsmoke is a good example of a ZPI kit done correctly also...

just dont half ___ and cut corners.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Rhythm,

You could have the best tune in the world. If your WG gets stuck and you over boost....."Kaboom".
Old 04-04-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Read reply above.

Secondly, you don't HAVE to have the injectors, NOR do you need to worry about the Stock ones runnin on a Stage 0.
x2 the stock injectors are pretty decent and can hold 6psi even with the FMIC upgrade...all your doing it pushing cooler air into the kaboom chamber... i'd anything above 240 -250 + then you should upgrade the injectors..BTW i dont know what your target HP goal is so its all relative.

hey rhythmnsmoke correct me if im wrong but in the event a WG spring fails he should be able to run a pressure sensor for boost cut in that instance..(greddy pressure sensor hooker up to a electronic boost controller)
Old 04-04-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete

Read reply above.

x2 the stock injectors are pretty decent and can hold 6psi even with the FMIC upgrade...all your doing it pushing cooler air into the kaboom chamber... i'd anything above 240 -250 + then you should upgrade the injectors..BTW i dont know what your target HP goal is so its all relative.

hey rhythmnsmoke correct me if im wrong but in the event a WG spring fails he should be able to run a pressure sensor for boost cut in that instance..(greddy pressure sensor hooker up to a electronic boost controller)

Some electronic boost controllers have the ability to do that by themselves.