Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

***HELP***

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member

Default ***HELP***

Hey guys im trying to install my avic z1 navi system and i dont know where to put the pink wire, its the car speed signal input lead. anyone know where is or how i can find the vehicle injection computer so i can connect this wire to so the navi knows how to detect the distance the vehicle travels? another thing is it true in order for me to have everything functioning while driving all i have to do is connect my e brake lead to my ground wire and i will get my dvd player to work while i drive??? any info will be very helpful guys thanks again!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:21 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

for such videos to play while driving, not only do you ground the brake wire.. but you must detroy the sticker that covers up a switch... doing that will void your warranty on the unit.

as far as the vss wire.. it's located behind your glove box.. 2nd plug from the top of the ecu... pin 17... purple wire.

wiring manuals...... it's a sticky..
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138455
Old 10-15-2006, 09:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

im not too sure on the grounding of the brake wire for the z1 to bypass everything; my bro has it and its not hooked up (you only face a msg that says its not hooked up.. thats about it). however to be able to fully use the z1's features, when the unit is starting up and the screen says "system booting up" (its a black screen with white text on the top left, right before the Pioneer splash screen), flash your headlights (off, parking lights, lowbeams, parking lights, off) and that should work. flashing your highbeams wont work for this trick, so it DEFINATELY has to be your low-beams. you might be able just to go as far as the parking lights when you flash it, not having to go all the way to the low-beams. also, depending when your unit was manufactured, i heard that they took his hack out in the new firmware, but still most definately a try. you still have to do it each time you drive (flash the lights when the system is booting up) to allow you to get full access to the units features, unless you get a custom made relay switch (i dont know how to do it personally and could get rather pricey). hope this helps and good luck! :D
Old 10-15-2006, 06:52 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^ oh yeah.. forgot about the pulse thing....

yeah.. that should work too... no need to open up stuff.