Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/)
-   -   * tC : HVAC / Climate Control LED Conversion Guide (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-ice-interior-1647/%2A-tc-hvac-climate-control-led-conversion-guide-105994/)

O5_TRD_tC 05-05-2008 07:05 AM

thats pretty fast lol

u should make a video Jeremy.

jsingh 05-05-2008 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by LEDmod

Originally Posted by PhantomGT
Is there a way to change the CD Player/ Head unit LCD to another color?

I'll probably make another guide on stock Radio LED conversion guide....

when would this be available???

CarbonXe 05-05-2008 01:47 PM

The hot/cold LED's in the 07+ picture are switched. You have hot on the left and cold on the right. The picture that shows the LED locations.

ilikepotatoes 05-09-2008 08:16 PM

can someone make a vid on how to use the solder sucker, cause getting this screen off is the only thing that is holding me back, ugh its so annoying :doh:

sybertiger111 05-26-2008 03:47 PM

can i get the part numbers for the resistors and voltage regulator?

LEDmod 05-26-2008 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by sybertiger111
can i get the part numbers for the resistors and voltage regulator?

You can order it from here..
http://store.ledmod.com/index.php?ma...products_id=15

If you just need the Resistor and Voltage Regulator.. just PM me.

_____

mossfan15 12-08-2008 11:05 PM

i just odered this for the resisters and voltage regulators. could u tell me how many LED's come in this kit? im going to use them for the warning lights on my gauge cluster

LEDmod 12-08-2008 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by mossfan15
i just odered this for the resisters and voltage regulators. could u tell me how many LED's come in this kit? im going to use them for the warning lights on my gauge cluster

22 plus 1 red for the 07 and up
20 plus 1 red for the earlier model..

mossfan15 12-08-2008 11:25 PM

thats alot!!

LEDmod 02-11-2009 07:27 PM

I hope this is helping everyone... any questions let me know..
Any improvements or correction will be appreciated...
Thanks..

trrocks03 02-11-2009 07:40 PM

Going to tackle this on Sunday. Only concern is the LCD screen and the voltage regulators. I've done many LEDs now, but haven't encountered either of those yet. Any suggestions?

LEDmod 02-11-2009 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by trrocks03
Going to tackle this on Sunday. Only concern is the LCD screen and the voltage regulators. I've done many LEDs now, but haven't encountered either of those yet. Any suggestions?

For LCD pins, you might want to try high temperature soldering iron if you are using braid..
But if you want to invest some money on it, you can get desoldering iron..

That goes for voltage regulator too.. high temperature iron makes it easier to remove it..

LEDmod 02-14-2009 04:17 PM

Happy Valentine's Day!!

trrocks03 02-15-2009 09:04 PM

Well, working on the desoldering of the regulator box and the LCD screen...as predicted it is giving me problems. I have removed allot of the solder from the LCD screen pins, but it is still not coming out easily......do I need to tug hard? Seems like it should come out with a little pull.

The regulator box has basically broken, well all the black plastic has come off. Now I am trying to get the metal remains off. ???? I don't know. LEDMod, garage, etc anyone? Can anyone give me a good turnaround on fixing this? I could ship it to whoever can get this done properly and return it quickly. I can do the LED's myself and the resistors. All I would need done is the regulator box and the LCD screen. Let me know so I can get this in the mail tonight!

LEDmod 02-15-2009 09:17 PM

Well, working on the desoldering of the regulator box and the LCD screen...as predicted it is giving me problems. I have removed allot of the solder from the LCD screen pins, but it is still not coming out easily......do I need to tug hard? Seems like it should come out with a little pull.

The regulator box has basically broken, well all the black plastic has come off. Now I am trying to get the metal remains off. ???? I don't know. LEDMod, garage, etc anyone? Can anyone give me a good turnaround on fixing this? I could ship it to whoever can get this done properly and return it quickly. I can do the LED's myself and the resistors. All I would need done is the regulator box and the LCD screen. Let me know so I can get this in the mail tonight!

I offer 1-day turnaround...
You can e-mail me at Sean@LEDmod.com for details..
Regular box meaning voltage regulator right??

trrocks03 02-16-2009 01:11 PM

Actually, I finally got the regulator off and the LCD screen off :relief:

I put the new regulator on, and well the lights work and dim and its bright etc etc.

Here are my problems:

Three areas are NOT lighting up. I don't have a picture so I will describe them:

1) The "fan up", "fan down", and "fan off" lights are not lighting up whatsoever. I am assuming a resistor issue?

2) The stock blue light on the temp circle. I didn't touch this one, and I had lots of trouble with the resistor to the left of it, so I think it is the resistor's issue here.

3) The LCD lights. First I had them all in, and two were studdery and very dim. Then I redid the resistor, but as I walked back to my car it must have fallen, and obviously they don't turn on at all now.

I think all three of these are resistor problems. All the other areas on the HVAC work great! Could someone confirm this for me? If so, I think I need to just reorder those particular resistors. The one's I have are screwy...

LEDmod 02-16-2009 06:43 PM

I put the new regulator on, and well the lights work and dim and its bright etc etc.

Here are my problems:

Three areas are NOT lighting up. I don't have a picture so I will describe them:

1) The "fan up", "fan down", and "fan off" lights are not lighting up whatsoever. I am assuming a resistor issue?

2) The stock blue light on the temp circle. I didn't touch this one, and I had lots of trouble with the resistor to the left of it, so I think it is the resistor's issue here.

3) The LCD lights. First I had them all in, and two were studdery and very dim. Then I redid the resistor, but as I walked back to my car it must have fallen, and obviously they don't turn on at all now.

I think all three of these are resistor problems. All the other areas on the HVAC work great! Could someone confirm this for me? If so, I think I need to just reorder those particular resistors. The one's I have are screwy...

As long as resistor and VR is installed properly.. that is include the LED..
They should light up bright...
If the resistor isn't installed properly, it shouldn't even turned on..
But without the new resistor swapped, it should still light up dimly

LEDmod 02-17-2009 06:49 AM

Happy President's Day

trrocks03 02-17-2009 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by LEDmod

Here are my problems:

As long as resistor and VR is installed properly.. that is include the LED..
They should light up bright...
If the resistor isn't installed properly, it shouldn't even turned on..
But without the new resistor swapped, it should still light up dimly

So the resistors responsible are the ones in the immediate area? Not the ones on the back or in other areas? I don't know the circutry very well.

LEDmod 02-17-2009 06:27 PM

Just make sure all the resistor and VR is installed properly..
Some resistor can effect only one series or some can effect the whole circuit