Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Aftermarket Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:48 AM

Default Aftermarket Speakers

Hello everyone!

I will soon be joining the TC family. When I get my car I plan on redoing the speaker system to aftermarket. I had a few questions:
  • Do the Scions come with a factory component system already?
  • I have a Pioneer-6400BT HU which I plan on putting in it. Since the RMS output for this HU is 22x4, it is not nearly enough to power four aftermarket speakers I plan to get, that have a RMS of 210 combined. I plan on hooking up the speakers to a amplifier instead. Although, the car still has tweeters that I didn't take into account, should I just wire these to the headunit or an amplifier. What do you recommend?
  • Where is the best place to buy the in-dash kit for the HU, custom subwoofer enclosures for the trunk and wiring harnesses,etc? I know Crutchfield has most of these but I was curious what the fellow Scion Junkies had in mind.
  • Where is the best location to mount an amplifier, and does anyone have any pictures of how they've mounted theirs?
  • When it comes to power and electrical wiring, I'm quite new to this. If I were to get an amplifier that was to power all 4 speakers; I would need one thats approx. 200 RMS output and 4-channel. My question is that is each channel on the amp dedicated 50 Watt RMS out? Because some speakers I have are 80 watt RMS and if each channel only sent out 50 watts I would still be under-powering it. So do these amplifiers send out as much power as the speaker can handle or is it just a set amount per channel?

Thanks in advance