Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Eclipse AVN5495 ESN code

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Eclipse AVN5495 ESN code

Well, smelled something like a smoke bomb coming from the area of the rear, driver's side air bag and saw some smoke wafting around in the cabin. Told my brother about it, he decided to look at some fuses and started pulling some of them. He pulled the one that controls my headunit (Eclipse AVN 5495) and so it's now reset and asking me for the security code on the memory stick.

I bought the unit used 1.5 years ago, don't remember from who, so I can't ask them what it was and I don't have an original sales receipt and can't send it back to Eclipse. I don't know why it's no longer on the memory stick.... As of right now, I basically have a paper weight in there... any ideas??????
Old 06-26-2008, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

*bump*
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you have the original manual or call eclipse and read the serial number...see if they give you the esn!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Update for other people's reference.

I did end up finding the person I bought it from in my paypal history. Contacted her - she couldn't remember setting a security code, thought she did a CD. The Titanic Soundtrack. So, tracked that down, put it in, didn't do anything. Called Eclipse to try begging - told them the buying it used story and the name and city/state of the person I bought it from and the serial number on the Eclipse box. Didn't match the person that they had that registered it. Told me if I could get that person's name, then they could help me out.

Email previous owner again and they said they bought it at a store. Call Eclipse again and tell them that and then they say that for $25 they can unlock it for me. I say, "yeah, but I have to send it in, right?" They said no, they could do it over the phone. Would have been nice if they said that to me the first time I called so that I wouldn't have had to drive around for a month without music. But, thank goodness, it's finally working!!! And now I'm the registered owner of the unit.