Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Former Daily Driver to Show Worthy Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 02:53 AM

Default Former Daily Driver to Show Worthy Project

Okay here is the build log of the car project that started 4 years ago. Multiple local hack body shops have screwed me but thats almost all fixed now. The main project is the audio project. Earlier this year my wife bought us an additional SUV so that i can FINALLY pull the scion off the street as a daily driver. She started off as a 2007 Scion Tc Release Series 3.0.

I wont go into all the mods as this is an audio forum. I bought a Ultima yellow top battery of course, with a Tsunami 0 gauge multi amp kit. i proceeded to gut the car recently as you can see.

This is the layer of Dynamat i put on the skin 3 years ago.

I will be putting the panel back on with Stinger Overkill foam sound dampener.

The floor has started to be prepped for the Stinger Carpet Pad

Here is the passenger side with FatMat installed

Wire anchors are being installed under the fatmat as the factory wire guides are to thick to allow the carpet pad to fit.

I purchased a few goodies for the new install.
Bought this from a DIYMA member (AudioControl DQXS)

And these from crutchfield to give me better tweeter imaging until i can figure out the a pillar or kick panel situation.

And this custom full width box from www.supercrewsound.com Well made box and indeed it does fit like a glove

I am keeping my Kenwood Excelon XXV-04s speakers front and for now rear

I am installing the Pioneer PRS-4200 Stage 4 amp and the Kenwood Excelon XXV-03a Amplifier for now until i can swing the Zukki custom amps and ill put the old amps either for sale or in my Rav 4.

I also have an Audio Control Matrix Line Driver this is how i previously had them installed

. My Subwoofer of Choice JL AUdio 12W6v2 SVC. in the old box

This is my old headunit now in the used Rav 4

I will be finishing the FatMat installation slowly as the factory wiring is kind of a pain to move around and resecure. The seat belts need to come out and of course go back in. That part will probably take me a few weeks.
I combined several posts so I can make a cohesive single post.
have not had much time lately, but snuck in an hour to cover the trans hump

not new but pulled the crossovers out of the door to put a layer of Stinger Roadkill on the outer door skin

this is where i had them last time.

[img]http://i.clbsn.com/photos/1/37/79116_e4bd3bd3f7.jpg[/img
got a little more work done tonight . got one of the new door panels lined with the Stinger Overkill Foam sound dampener.

and a few more goodies trickle in from amazon
a steering wheel control adapter, a 125' roll of shrink tubing, a 100' roll of primary wire, a bag of 100 zip tie anchors, and a 120' roll of foil tape, and lastly since i was NOT paying the 75.00 crutchfield wanted i paid 42.00 on amazon for the iphone cable to my soon to be head unit
then im not talking about you dude. lol seriously im talking about the guy who said it..wowwwww relax. thanks for the defense but really why would i bash you for defending me.... decaf bro decaf
anyway here is this morning update. while waiting for my freezer to arrive i managed to get the drivers side door ready for the speaker wire and speaker

and i see i missed a spor will have to go back and do that

and lastly using foil tape get all the wires nice and secure

getting everything organized for the next phase after the sound dampening...the wiring harness install, ill be putting new battery terminals, new distribution block, new speaker wire, relocating the Audiocontrol Matrix to the glove box and putting the speakers back in the doors to put the door panels back in. Here is the install kit im building slowly

finally got some time today. took out the seat belts. ran into a little issue. the connector is a bit tough. looked it up and you need to remove the black snap keeping the yellow connector in place.

i started to lay the rca cables and the remote wire

i then moved onto the b pillar

i ran the wires for the tweeter. i did not want to remove the dash so i removed the 2 corner bolts just enough to run the wire
the top bolt near the top of the dash

the bottom bolt near the kick panel

the finished run

i ran the wire through the factory grommet from the door

the weather was so nice i used it to install the fat mat in the rear seat

and i even managed to finish the passenger door

and this is why you dont by razor knives in a dollar store lol

i am mounting the tweeters on the dash for better imaging. i pulled the dash up just enough to get the wire underneath the lip . It was a PAIN , but turned out good.

i then went about choosing a location for the Audiocontrol Matrix and settled on the glove box as i dont need the space for anything.

Then i had a little time to vibration dampen the trunk

I made the connections for the door speakers and the tweeters. Not bad for a mornings work.
i ordered these 2 items yesterday hopefully they will be here soon

and this for sirius