Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

help! driver's side window stuck down.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default help! driver's side window stuck down.

ok, yesterday i attempted to put some sound deadener on my driver's side door. didn't have any problems until i went to put the door back on. that's when i realized that the holes in the doors are filled with that yellow styrofoam on the door skin. i ended up cutting that stuff off. (is that a safety problem? is that foam there to absorb impact?)

so anyway, after putting my door back on, i went for a drive to hear the results. i rolled my driver's side window down, and now it won't go up. it clicks when i push the down button, but doesn't respond at all when i push the up button. the passenger side will roll up and down using the control on the passenger side, but when i control it from the driver's side it does nothing when i push the down button, and clicks when i push the up button.

i called my dealer and they can't get me in until monday, which means unless i can figure this out on my own, with your help, then my window will be stuck down all weekend.

any advice?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

take the door panel back apart... make sure you didnt get anything caught in the window motor to keep it from coming back up... if work case... you might be able to mamually push it back up with the door panel off.... i am remember if there is a bolt to maually turn to get it up on our window motors... when i get this last car out of my bay... i will pull mine in and see if we have one...
Old 09-29-2007, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok thanks. if i can get it back up manually, that would help until i can get the dealership to look at it. i'll check it out.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take it off and make absolutely sure that you hooked the window controls up right, and that there's nothing that would block the window from coming back up. Did it make any unusual noise when it went down?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i already checked several times to make sure i had the window controls connected properly. and no, it didn't make any weird noises or anything when i rolled it down. it rolled down completely normally. just won't roll back up. is it possible that i shorted something out on the window control?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

went to the dealership today. good news and bad news.

good news: they rolled my window up manually.

bad news: it turns out that i shorted out the circuit board for my window controls when i disconnected it, and i need to replace it. the part was 296 dollars. TWO-HUNDRED AND NINETY-SIX DOLLARS. and all it's just a little circuit board. there's no way that thing costs more than a few bucks to manufacture.

buuuuuuummer.