Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

i hate circuit city please help me out. . . imma keel some1

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default i hate circuit city please help me out. . . imma keel some1

So I had circuit city install my Bluetooth and Steering wheel control accessories for my avic-d3 because I was lazy. They charged me 152 $ (yea i know) and I had this done in November. Few days later I realize some ____ is wrong with my car and take it back and they claim its not there fault. Whats wrong with my car is a clanking noise from the left side of the front of the vehicle. So i took my ____ to scion and they tell me the morons @ circuit city didn't put the dash back on correctly or broke it. the circuit city i went to is obviously now closed the ____ up and now im stuck with a horrible clanking noise. I thank god purchased the install on a circuit city credit card which i am refusing to pay. Any suggestions on how to fix my problem? or how to sue circuit city a company that is bankrupt? plz help me im going insane.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Pics of the damage?

I dont think $152 is worth messing up your credit score over.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Pay the card and fix it yourself. Otherwise you can kiss your credit goodbye.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well honestly, there's really nothing you can do now.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn sucks to hear that man and your pretty much chit out of luck with circuit city. Dont duck up your credit....pay off the card and get it fixed
Old 02-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Now I know why they went out of business
Old 02-15-2009, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I never really liked them too. They tried to mimic best buy on everything but half assed everything as well.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea. seriously. agree, nothing to be done.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^^ Disagree with the prior statement.

I worked for Circuit City as an installer before they went belly up and just like Best Buy you have some installers that know WTF they are doing and some that don't. When you state love for Best Buy what you need to realize is that their business practices are one in the same and so are their problems. They are not isolated to Circuit City but I digress....

I hate that you had the Bluetooth installed in November and just recently are having problems. This is the primary reason why Circuit claimed they did not do it. I can guarantee 90% of problems are noticeable within the first few days and when you talk about you car no matter how busy people come back if something is FUBAR.

What I don't understand is why noise w3ould be coming from the left side. If the mic is mounted on the left side they had to take no panels off to run the mic over there, simply run it where the knee bolster airbag is. All the wires necessary to install the bluetooth add-on are behind the radio. There is no reason why noise should be heard from the left that was not there previously unless like you said they FUBAR.

You can't refuse to pay your credit card. Your credit card is not through Circuit City, it is through Chase so you're not refusing to pay Circuit City, they already have their money, they got it from Chase, what you're doing is refusing to pay the person that already gave the other guy the money. You can't tell them that you're not going to pay and go get their money back.....it simply does not work that way.

Take it on the chin bro, the most satisfaction you can get is the company is no longer in business and fix it yourself. The only part that does suck is if you were a long standing customer and had lots done, car audio and video wise, to your car then that lifetime installation guarantee is gone.....not like it did you much good to begin with. However, any extended service plans are still honored through their expiration.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree with ecko.. both suk *****.. hahaha... i use to work for both as a pc tech.. or geek squad if you please... both had good techs and bad techs.. i think it's the color.. red just doesn't stand up to blue that well.. you know best buy blue and circuit city red... walmart blue and kmart red.. yad yad
Old 02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by jbae1221
i think it's the color.. red just doesn't stand up to blue that well.. you know best buy blue and circuit city red... walmart blue and kmart red.. yad yad
i never even thought of it that way, now i have a new perspective on things.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

why would there be a noise fromt he front of the car.they would not need to do anything but open the waterfall up and zip tie the blutooth and mic and stuff under the dash and good to go.....no need to even pop the hood.what is clanking,this does not sound rigt at all.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you might want to check your struts, sounds more like that is loose than the dash. check that first!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sounds to me more like your dealership is trying to back out on you, not circuit city. A clanking noise from your front left is most likely not related to the dash, and you can do a LOT of install work without taking one part of actual dash/dash cap loose. Most likely they only needed to pull the waterfall out, which in no way would cause a clanking noise where you mentioned.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Sounds to me more like your dealership is trying to back out on you, not circuit city. A clanking noise from your front left is most likely not related to the dash, and you can do a LOT of install work without taking one part of actual dash/dash cap loose. Most likely they only needed to pull the waterfall out, which in no way would cause a clanking noise where you mentioned.
this is very true
Old 02-15-2009, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You should have never mentioned circuit city to them!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I doubt a clanking noise if caused from a bluetooth install and taking the dash apart. This doesnt compute. To bad I wasnt near you i would take a look for ya. i am sure if you check your local forum there are soem nice fellas willign to take a look for ya. GL man. But dont skip out on your CreditCard cause it really may be something not related and maybe your dealer is skipping out on ya and tryign to blame Circuit City.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jbae1221
i think it's the color.. red just doesn't stand up to blue that well.. you know best buy blue and circuit city red... walmart blue and kmart red.. yad yad

LOL, this got me thinking.

I found this theory... to be true aha.

PEPSI = BLUE
COKE = RED

Yeah, Pepsi owns.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:00 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy