Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Issue with gauge visibility. Does anyone else have this issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 01:36 AM

Default Issue with gauge visibility. Does anyone else have this issue?

2010 Scion tC

Sometimes, when the sun is at a certain angle, I can't see my gauges. I'm wondering if there's a way I can modify the gauges so that they are visible under all light conditions.

I do have window tint installed - the maximum legal here in the state of Florida. Wondering if doing a visor strip on the windshield might help me see the gauges?

I am not even sure how to explain this issue properly. Hopefully someone has or had the same problem and can share a few tips & tricks.

It confuses me only because I've never had any other vehicle with such a poor cluster design.... there's got to be some way I can improve it.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member

Window tint on all sides may help along with the windshield strip as thats what I have and I dont typically experience any glare unless the window is rolled down. Maybe changing the gauge backplate color too might make it eaiser, like a black one.

Edit: I see you do have tint already, silly question but is your gauge cover dirty?

Last edited by Stiffology; 05-03-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Reread OP
Old 05-03-2017, 08:35 PM

The gauge cluster is actually pretty clean as is the rest of the car - the glare I get (that's the word I was looking for) basically completely blocks the gauges - can't even them if I squint.