Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Mirrors are locking doors!! PROBLEM!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Mirrors are locking doors!! PROBLEM!!

Ok, so I go to start planing my cold cathode install and I head to autozone for some wire and crap (I heard the crap was on sale). I go to move my drivers side mirror out and it don't move so I try in and nothing. The other one worked and up down worked.

I get home and take the panel off and the fuse panel to see what's going on. I move it again and hear my doors lock. I try all ways and my doors keep locking. I guess I didn't hear them before cuz of my radio. The only thing I can think of is it's the way my gauges are hooked up (boost/vac, oil psi, and AEM wideband). I took some pics below. I need to know where the wires for the mirrors and doors go into the fuse panel so I can see if they tapped into the mirrors and doors. So any suggestions and/or help would be great.

Oh yeah, it only locks the doors not unlock when I press the all the mirror buttons and only the drives in/out don't move.

This is the back of the mirror panel.

Should this connector be plug into something?

This orange wire looks like it's exposed.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Try resizing the pics to 500-600 pixels wide because I can not make out anything with them being so huge.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry, thought the big would be better. I fixed them.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

ahhh much better. who installed your gauges.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depending on what that orange wire is, is it possible it is grounding itself to something? My old car had a problem where the power connection for the power locks inside the doors was loose, and would ground itself, which would lock/unlock. Just an idea.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:19 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

probably check that orange wire..

the wiring diagrams are available to download so you can check what it really is..

and the connector that you mentioned is for the fog lights.. so unless you have factory fog lights or the vrd ones... it isn't connected to anything.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks I'll check it out tomorrow. Titan Motorsports installed the gauges. I seem to have problems when I bring my car to reputable shops.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, I took a look at it and there was a few wires that looked like they were tapped at one time and exposed. I went ahead and sealed them up... not the problem. I unplugged the connector in the pics below that's marked in red and it disabled the mirror and locking. I think my problem is with one of these wires in this connector. I downloaded the electrical PDFs for the 2005 but can't figure out where to find what wires these are in this connector. I also don't see anything tapped into these wires which makes me wonder WTF. The White, Red, and Green wires in this connector our my suspects. Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 01-22-2007, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you tried to unplug and reconnect your neg terminal to see if this corrects your door locking problem? You may need to reset your windows afterwards though.......

Here are the instructions:

Written By: Alex8181

Difficulty (1-5): 1
Time Frame: 10 Minutes

After the car battery has been disconnected and reconnected, there will be certain functions on the car that will need to be reset before the car will work correctly.

Power Windows - Push down on the power window switch of each door and lower the windows half-way. Then pull up on the window switch until the windows close. Keep holding the switch for another two seconds.

Rear Hatch Lock - Unlock the rear hatch door with the door key or by using the power lock switch in the door. Open and close the rear hatch by hand.

Sunroof - Push and hold the “close” side of the sunroof switch for two seconds after the sunroof has fully closed.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I haven't tried that. As for resetting the windows and lock, I have the instructions in my glove compartment. I've used them quit a bite.

I did try the mirrors today and they worked without locking the doors. After about 10 times trying it locked them. I tried about another 20 times and fine. The only thing is my drivers in/out doesn't work at all.