Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

OFFICIAL: Post Pics of your Big 3 Upgrade and grounding kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OFFICIAL: Post Pics of your Big 3 Upgrade and grounding kit

Well i took out my friends intake and took pix of this for some people
so lets start

Neg Terminal

down to engine and back up to ground( you see 2 terminals at the bottom)

to ground on the box..and yes it touches metal

Pos terminal follow wire loom with tie wrap NEXT to red wire

run along the fire wall

then to alternator
Old 11-27-2007, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

alt

engine to chasis

neg to chasis

i had some extra 4awg lying around so i decided to do it
Old 11-27-2007, 05:59 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

does it have to be Big 3? i have the Groundfusions kit on mine.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol sure i fixed it
Old 11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty sure there was already a thread about this. like 2 weeks ago
Old 11-27-2007, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's the point? Sorry I'm new lol
Old 11-27-2007, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

they say it increases torque and throttle response. because a lot of the controlling factors are electronic the grounding kit allows for more stable voltage by improving the grounds by: a)thicker gauge wire b) shorter distance to neg post and c) cleaning up grounds for new grounding points.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Enrique9876
they say it increases torque and throttle response. because a lot of the controlling factors are electronic the grounding kit allows for more stable voltage by improving the grounds by: a)thicker gauge wire b) shorter distance to neg post and c) cleaning up grounds for new grounding points.
So has anyone actually noticed a decent difference?

How much does this cost anyway?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

about a 100 bucks depending on the kit you buy. yes there are dyno charts with improvements post kit. usually 3-5whp on a dynojet dyno. bang for buck im not entirely sure the kit is worth it. personally i know a lot of people that just get heavy gauge wire themselves and make one. it works just as well becasue it is the same principle
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have an apexi grounding stabilizer kit
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually it really doesn't do taht it just allows more current to flow from your alternator but i don't think it increases torque and throttle response at all..... that has nothing to do with the alternator.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol umm gaining torque i think not. Better ground yes any floating current goes straight to ground and you have a more current flowing to your alternator. Helps your charging system and helps with headlight dimming in beefy systems.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

he new Max Ground System, is the latest automotive electronics tuning system providing an improved low resistance ground path for your 2002 to 2003 Maxima with the 3.5 liter motor.
Better grounding has been shown to improve horsepower, torque, fuel mileage, and throttle response*. Improved grounding can also smooth a rough idle caused by electromagnetic interference as well as reduce light dimming when operating a high powered stereo system.
Each kit includes 4 four gauge OFC high strand count premium ground cables. Custom tailored to ensure an exacting fit and maximum performance benefit. Each cable is specifically cut to length for an exacting fit that you can't get from a universal kit.
Max Ground System kit includes 4 custom length finished cables, cable ties, bolts, washers, nut and full color detailed instructions.
Includes several pages of detailed instruction with color photo's to make every step of the installation as clear as possible.

Don't scrimp and sacrifice performance and looks on an inferior 8 gauge universal kit, plain terminals or bare ground wire.
Go for the Maximum performance and Maximum looks with the Max Ground System.

*Actual effectiveness varies by vehicle and driving style.

What makes the Max Ground System TM better then the rest? Max Ground System is constructed with high strand count 4 gauge 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper wire. This high conductivity wire is encased in a high temperature chemical resistant PVC jacket. The PVC jacket is then covered with a braided Chrome Mylar sleeving to create a fantastic look that will last under the hood, and the lustrous Chrome Mylar sleeving ensures a long lasting brilliant finish that won't fade and turn yellow like other ordinary clear/silver ground wires. Mylar has a maximum service temperature of 105?C (302?F) so you don't have to worry how it will hold up under extreme driving conditions.
24 kt Gold Plated Copper ring terminals are used to ensure lower resistance and maximum current carrying efficiency. Each end is professionally crimped and heat shrunk before a decorative black boot is applied, and features large solid copper terminals plated in 24KT gold and stamped with a cable number to make installation a breeze.

TOOLS REQUIRED:

Razorblade Utility Knife
Metric open-end box wrench set (Use a small wrench to keep from breaking any bolts.)
Metric socket and driver (Use a small driver to keep from breaking any bolts.)
Old 11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rvpps2rocks
lol umm gaining torque i think not. Better ground yes any floating current goes straight to ground and you have a more current flowing to your alternator. Helps your charging system and helps with headlight dimming in beefy systems.
no you dont have more current flowing to your alternator.

grounding kits are not solely connected to the alternator you know ... you connect them to your engine and trans too
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill go one step further... dont take my word for it... check out these links.

http://www.rx8club.com/archive/index.php/t-73473.html

http://www.activetuning.com/products...-04GRNDKT-TNAR

hopefully you will find this one informative as well

http://s95014253.onlinehome.us/63104/44704.html

and lastly, (the last one even has a dynograph)

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testrepor...tem/index.html
Old 11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude.... connecting a ground does not increase torque. it does not make the engine produce more power. you're being dumb. current does flow to and from the alternator. HOW DO YOU THINK CIRCUITS WORK. WHY DO YOU THINK U NEED TO GROUND TEH ALTERNATOR?!?!?! it does not make the engine produce more power it makes the electrical system respond better and cleaner.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am not suggesting that connecting a wire makes more power nor have i said anything to that affect.

all IM SAYING is that on many newer cars computers control many aspects of the engine.

therefore

if the computers run at optimal performance so too will the components they control

therfore

if the engine parts that are computer controlled are running at there peak it will manifest itself in a slight performance gain.

also dont talk to me about circuits as i worked in a high performance audio store for over a year and a half. i realize that current flows to and from the alternator because that pulley driven accessory charges the entire electrical system of the car.

but luckily i am NOT asking you too take my word for anything. go to that last link and read the article, it will educate you, and then revisit your current position on the matter. thats all im asking.

not once did i say it makes more power in the way an exhaust system, F/I, or engine accessories will. all im suggesting is that it allows you to optimize whats there. granted the gain is minimal.

do your homework.

i have a turboed tc, i helped build and tune it myself and it wasnt a kit. ive been on here asking questions and getting answers, ive been to shops getting answers, and i have educated myself.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

On mine i installed something similar called E-PAC. This basically grounds everything out so youre always running 13-volts which leads to somewhat of a bigger spark. I felt the difference on the throttle i dont have to gas it as much especially when im running all my accesories.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chrisNOF
On mine i installed something similar called E-PAC. This basically grounds everything out so youre always running 13-volts which leads to somewhat of a bigger spark. I felt the difference on the throttle i dont have to gas it as much especially when im running all my accesories.
yea thats what they say... i know i felt a slight throttle response improvement. but mileage went up (when it was NA)

but again... all this is in the last article.

e-pac huh? ive never heard of it... who makes it?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I got it through a local shop here in southeren cal. "J-T MOTORSPORTS. Dont know the maker but the owner of the shop recomended the product. He works on alot of tc and xbs. Hes seen good results from installing these E-PACS. If you wish to call and ask about it his names HA. (619)-336-1666 cuzz i dont think he has a website up yet.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Post Pics of your Big 3 Upgrade and grounding kit