Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Q about status seats.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Q about status seats.

so i was wondering how come no one rocks status seats? is it that bad? just wondering because no one seems to have one. everyones on cor/recaro/bride/sparco.

i plan on getting seats in the future but bride is out cuz its not safe compare to the others lol..

anyone know any info about status seats?

it cant be searched on this forum cuz no one has it!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no aftermarket seats are safer then stocks. Recaro is the safest by far.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i read in another thread that someones stock seats went all the way back n front just like how the bride seats in the crash test. so i wouldnt say stock seats are safe.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
no aftermarket seats are safer then stocks. Recaro is the safest by far.
i disagree with saying no aftermarket seats are safer than stocks. maybe in some situations yes, but most aftermarket seats wrap around and protect the occupant more. in nascar, late models, formula one the seats are full containment to protect the driver more. now in these situations the cars are built totally different obviously and 5 pt harnesses are used....so i guess you cant really compare them. but can you see where im coming from?
Old 12-25-2009, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by 1SL0WTC
so i was wondering how come no one rocks status seats? is it that bad? just wondering because no one seems to have one. everyones on cor/recaro/bride/sparco.

i plan on getting seats in the future but bride is out cuz its not safe compare to the others lol..

anyone know any info about status seats?

it cant be searched on this forum cuz no one has it!
probably cuz they don't make reclineables and the cheapest ones i seen are like $594 per seat. check out
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...4520_4676.html
for more info.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Qsd4-8IMo

This test shows how aftermarket seats can fail. In most cases, aftermarket seats don't need to be DOT approved. Despite the evidence that aftermarket seats can be fatal, companies like Recaro do produce DOT seats. Recaro is the leading seat producers for many companies.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by tc-guy
probably cuz they don't make reclineables and the cheapest ones i seen are like $594 per seat. check out
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...4520_4676.html
for more info.

they actually have reclineable seats -_- rallye n spa. ha.. check the most expensive price just for 1 lol

and i made this thread asking why there isnt anyone with status seats as if somethings wrong with it? not about its safety compared to recaro -_-
Old 12-25-2009, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I heard from Mike of M2-Motoring awhile ago I think it was that Status seats flex and crack, but not sure if that is true or not.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was explaining how a majority of aftermarket seats can be fatal, not just Bride. But their are some companies like Recaro who have better quality seats. If your looking for safety, then don't get aftermarket seats. The only thing aftermarket racing seats do is hold you better and thats pretty much about it. They are not proven to save your life.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
They are not proven to save your life.
The FIA ones are...
Old 12-25-2009, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats that? The only seats I know that are proven to save your life are stock seats with side airbags.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ what if they are bucket seats? That video would not be a good example..
Old 12-25-2009, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Domo, please educate yourself on information before you post. Just because something is/has quality, doesn't mean it's necessarily "safe". If stock seats with side airbags (side airbags were optional in Scions until 2008, fyi) are so safe, how come so many people die in car wrecks even though the airbags deploy? Nothing is proven to save lives. FIA certified seats, however, are built to international motorsports safety requirements and standards (F1, WRC, SCCA, ect.), which place them above (in quality and safety) non-certified (aka street) seats. They are built and tested to withstand many kinds of accidents that may occur, some of which are FAR worse than you could ever get into driving on the street. The drawback is that ALL FIA seats are fixed back (bucket seats) and a proper harness system would be ideal to maximize the benefits. I'm not saying that FIA seats are the greatest thing in the world will save your life every time, but they are much more reliable and safer than a non-certified seat.

Some examples are:

Sparco: ALL competition series seats.

Bride: Zeta III, Gardis III, and Maxis III

Recaro: Pole Position, Pro Racer HANS (all variations), and Profi (all variations).

Other options include seats from MOMO, OMP, and RaceTech. Be sure to research all your options and information before buying so you can make an educated purchase.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i was looking into getting status laguna's and when i searched on google HT forum came up and it was a 2007 thread -_- but supposedly they were getting FIA certification sooooo by now they have it RO_JA?

laguna's will be good seats (safety wise) to get right sir? :D
Old 12-25-2009, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, the Status Laguna is FIA certified.

FIA 8855-1999 (Homologation #CS.201.07)
Old 12-26-2009, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ey ro_ja do u know if the status laguna FRP and kevlar and cf have any difference in safety? or is it just for the back looks?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There shouldn't be any difference in safety between types of backings. It doesn't hurt to email Status and ask them though. info@statusracing.com
Old 12-26-2009, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe seats that are placed in factory vehicles like Honda are safer then any aftermarket seat. Big companies like Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc would not be around if they had dished out unsafe vehicles. Also when I say that stock seats are safe, I do not mean they will save your life, I mean they will not kill you like the video posted above. Either way, I agree that bucket seats can be safer then recline seats without side airbags. Just my opinion.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Every reply you posted on this thread has gotten me even more confused domo. First you state that theres no safer seat than a stock seat, as if it were a fact, then you state that bucket seats (which are aftermarket) can be safer than recline seats (which can be stock).

I think you should distinguish from the beginning whether what you're actually saying is an opinion or a fact, instead of waiting til like 5 replies later. Obviously in this case, Ro_Ja definitely proved a fact that aftermarket seats can be as safe as Stock seats, where as you basically just posted a video of one seat failing a test, which could easily of been a stock seat and not a bucket seat.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Majority of the things I have said in this thread are my opinions. I just like to share my observations and why I feel the way I do. Sorry if I confused you.

Quick Reply: Q about status seats.