Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

RS 5 Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RS 5 Seats

Hey guys new here to the fourms.. Spent some time on yoursciontc fourms when I first got my silver 07 tc a few years ago. I got a question about the rs5 seats. In my 07 I had the dealer do a leather interior did not care much for the cloth. Tomorrow night I'm going to the dealer to look at getting a Rs5 he doesnt have it on the lot and will have to have it shipped in from another dealer. How much differnt besides them being color matched are the seats from a normal stock tc? Do you guys like them? I love my leather and was maybe going to look into getting them to do the same treatment. Just wondering what you guys thought. I was bummed to find out the seats were not the same material as the rs3 and 4.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think he can give you rs5 stuff unless you have a vin for one or own one and if he did i couldnt imagine the price being any cheaper than actuall good aftermarket ones lol
Old 02-03-2010, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I'm not looking to put rs5 seats in my 07 tc. I'm looking of trading my current tc in for a new rs5. I'm on the fence about the seats on the rs5. My current 07 tc came with a leather interior. I like my leather and everything about it. How are the rs5 seats compared to a normal tc with a cloth interior? And if they are the same pretty much but color how are they to sit on everyday? How are they to clean ect?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The RS5 seats are the exact same material as a stock tC. Except they are colored red. thats it.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What exactly do you want out of the RS5? Just the extra mods or do you want a new car? I would say keep the car you have and just mod it according to what you want. You will lose out on the money if you trade/sell your current car and end up overpaying for how inexpensive the mods really are.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The only thing that RS5 comes with that you cant buy from the dealer is the seats, paint, and wheels. You can buy everything else and add it to your car. I personally would not want those wheels at all. Whats gonna happen when its time for an alignment? They need to clam things onto the lip of the wheel to make sure its aligned correctly. And since those wheels are painted, you can bet that there will be marks from where the clips attach. PLUS i would like some original aftermarket wheels anyway.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have one and personally i think the cloth is ok but i want leather so i ordered clazzio seat covers monday night, honestly if i were you id keep the 07' and mod it up over buying a RS5, chances are youd end up buying seat covers cause youd get tired of the cloth.

the black outter sections does tend to show water spots from having a gatorade or soda bottle ect. lay on it. and i personally think the seats look better from afar then up close
Old 02-04-2010, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya mostly looking for a new car and I had been digging it since I had seen it. The current tc only had 34k on it but the paint was jacked. Driving on la freeways left rock chips all over it. I moved from la to chicago in the fall and had even more rock damage from the drive. When I got here I took it to the car wash and when the water hit the mirror ripped some nice size chunks of paint off. The car needed a new mirror tires, an alignment and a new paint job. The Leather seem on the drivers side was getting some noticeable wear on it from ___ sliding in and out of the car. And afterwork today I went to the dealer and had the same impluse buy that I had when I got my silver tc back in 07 and ened up getting the rs5. lol I said screw it and went. They have to have it shipped in. When it gets here, the money Im getting back from my extended warrenty and gap from this last car is going into the new leather interior and suede red center of the seats. Well help pay for it any ways. I had over paid on most of my last payments so nothing left over from that loan to worry about.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i almost got the black/red suede seat covers but i went with black on black
im contemplating on buying some 18" Grid's and selling the rs5.0 wheels

do you know what number of the 2000 made you got? and is it a manual or auto?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its an auto. Dont know the number yet. Its comming from a dealer in louisville ky it was sitting in there showroom never driven or demoed. only has like 12 miles maybe he said. They were going to drive it here but I paid for them to put it on a truck to be brought to me. My 07 had ten miles on it when i took it and I want to break in this one as well. Very excited even more since they called me this morning and told me I got into the teir 1 bracket for apr. 5.8 or whatever. Beats my 9.5%apr that I had on my 07.

Why trade the wheels those ____ers badass looking. For some reason I really like that black on black with the red lip. I was going to get a bike this summer that had the same style coloring. But after last night I think I will put getting a new bike on hold.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats sweet congrats man. i think i got 5.3% apr but i traded my yukon in for 7k and then put 3 down on it. i dunno if i will get rid of the wheels but its an idea lol someone out there will want them and i can make a lil loot on lol u gound the rota gird 18's for 1000 with bf goodrich KDW's lol
Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

4.4% for me!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cant wait to get it. The car is comming with the little spoiler. And I'm having the front strut bar put on it. I was told it should be here saturday or monday at the latest. When it gets here I will post pics with the badges ect.

Last edited by feldy; 02-04-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

drove it home tonight. its number 797 out of 2000 it had 70 miles on it. taking it back tomorrow so they can install the front strut bar, security, and my new black leather and red suede interior. I just cant sit with the cloth . I love the car but not the material of the cloth seats.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i hear ya. i thought all the RS 5.0's came with the strutbar. am i wrong ? i swear they all came with the drop springs, rear sway bar, front strut bar
Old 02-06-2010, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they only come with the rear sway bar and springs
Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

and the wheels, exhaust, paint, and red cloth interior.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm then i got my strut bar for f-r-e-e. cause it isnt even mentioned on my paperwork i just went and looked lol
Old 02-06-2010, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol nice. I see they made the insde door grip silver. My 07 was black on both sides. not sure if i like the tails yet tho should see if i can swap my 07s out
Old 02-06-2010, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Getting the cai put on in about a month. when the snow stops a little. Getting the trd one mainly for looks. keep the trd look going under the hood as well as outside.
they do have to replace the trd emblems on the drivers side tires. front one was turning white and the other was pinkish. I think the dealer had it sitting in the sun to long on that side.